Author Topic: Grand Jury Declines to Charge Horn (Houston Break in Case)  (Read 19807 times)

injest

Re: Grand Jury Declines to Charge Horn (Houston Break in Case)
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 11:45:28 pm »
Do you think he knew they were illegals? I want my property guarded. I have dogs and I have a gun. I couldn't use a gun on someone who was running away. If someone was coming toward me -- and I'm threatened -- I can't say. Shooting in the air or toward someone -- maybe create a bluff. Burglary is not punishable by death. The Texas law allows deadly force to protect property, if I understand correctly. Does the Castle Doctrine include a neighbor's property?

apparently yes,

and here is the thing for me. There is no way to know how you are going to react in the situation. I do not think Mr Horn should have gone outside but I DO understand why he did.

Faced with two people, your adrenalin at overload, scared, excited....how do you know what you can or would do? Did he realize they were running IN THAT MOMENT? I dont' know. But I would guess his instincts took over..the ol fight or flight thing...and he had a gun.

I think he regrets it now on an emotional level...and justifies it in his mind...

I would not trade places with him because no matter how you feel about what he did, no one with a conscience and feeling can kill without being scarred by it. Even police that are trained and know that at some time they may have to, are torn up about it afterwards.

I remember when D killed his first deer....he was excited and pleased....then cried himself to sleep that night because he regretted it. He hunts now but I know he hunts with feeling and responsibility...he never sees it as a game..

I can't imagine killing a person...I would hope if it came down to it and I HAD to...I would be strong enough to do it.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 11:48:11 pm »
When someone enters your home to steal you, most likely they wiil also harm you physically, so why not get rid of them permanently ?

They had stolen him !

Another case in point I told you about, a bussiness man near here, his home was broken  by burglars, but when he escaped, the burglars caught him and knifed him !! So, why wait : kill the bastards robbing you !!

Right ? But you can not in Canada, you have to lick the ass of criminals !!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 11:54:33 pm »
Do you think he knew they were illegals? I want my property guarded. I have dogs and I have a gun. I couldn't use a gun on someone who was running away. If someone was coming toward me -- and I'm threatened -- I can't say. Shooting in the air or toward someone -- maybe create a bluff. Burglary is not punishable by death. The Texas law allows deadly force to protect property, if I understand correctly. Does the Castle Doctrine include a neighbor's property?

there is no way Horn could have known anthing about the immigration status of the perps. They were removing items from his neighbor's home, and making a great big noise doing it! they seem to have no fear of the authorities, and that is the problem. Horn felt that he had to take action to protect his property and the neighborhood.

according to Horn, and this was borne out during grand jury testimony, during their carting away of the stolen merchandise, the perps were crossing over Horn's fence  and stepped onto Horn's property in order to get back to their getaway van, Horn shouted at them they saw him and charged him, he shot at them and missed, the perps then ran from him and he shot them dead thru their backs. all of this action was recorded on the 911 tapes. I listened to the tape which was played on the radio. At first before the shootings,  the 911 operator tried to talk Horn out of leaving his house, going into the yard and confronting the perps. Horn ignored the operator and fired at the perps. The 911 operator was then successful in talking Horn back into the house, and putting away the gun, as Pasadena police were arriving on the scene, and the operator convinced Horn that he might accidentally get into a gun fight with the police.

To my understanding, Horn's actions are perfectly consistent with the intent of the TX Legislature when the "Castle Doctrine" was passed and later signed into law by Gov Perry. Horn himself was familiar with the law as he discussed it with the 911 operator. Horn felt that his property was threatened by the gang of perps stealing from his neighbors house.

I think that this is the consequence of an inadequate legal and police system which can't keep pace with the drug related crime which is spilling over the border and also came over into the Houston area following the influx of Katrina refugees in 2005. Houston has been esp hard hit with violent crime, and people like Mr Horn are justifiably upset.

On a personal note, Dusty's house was broken into while we were out in N Mexico over New Years. Items were stolen, and more importantly to him someone let his horses out of their barn and one of his horses was injured. The county authorities tell us that it was probably a gang that is made up of illegals from Durango, Mexico. The situation is almost out of control in some areas. We were able to replace, or repair items  and more importantly treat the horse, but after that I no longer have compunctions about using a handgun if my house if broken into.

injest

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 11:59:55 pm »
yes when the authorities ignore the will of the people and they feel helpless...they will strike back.

Illegal immigration is getting out of hand down here....and over and over we have told our officials that we want something done...they dont' ignore it...they try to tell us we are in the wrong.

*Jess shaking head*

I blame the authorities....if they did their jobs this kind of thing would not be happening. And it is fixing to get worse. Things are reaching critical mass.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 12:04:26 am »
Burglars are not only there to steal, since they will aslo murder you given the chance to do so !!

When I lived many years in Los Angeles, I was in safe areas, wealthy, friendly, etc.; but last time, an old lady was robbed and the detective told us to leave 20 and 50$ bills around to sastify robbers; so, that was it for me: never again will I go to LA for kising buts not only of criminasl but of so-call cops !!

And that was becoming often cases !! Why accept such criminals; shoot them before they shoot you. Some of my friends are dead because of those bastards too lazy to work !!

What happened to Sal Mineo who is now dead but his robber murdered him and is now out and safe !! That bastard needs to be in jail for life ! What do you think ?

injest

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 12:09:53 am »
FYI

Mr Horn will be on GMA in the morning if anyone wants to catch it...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 12:10:03 am »
And the border patrol agents get no respect. They are sent to prison if they shoot someone who is breaking the law and who won't heed what they say. And the illegal who ran over and killed one of the U.S. agents who was trying to stop him was released from a Mexican prison recently. Why can't states send the National Guard to work the borders?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 12:13:24 am »
And the border patrol agents get no respect. They are sent to prison if they shoot someone who is breaking the law and who won't heed what they say. And the illegal who ran over and killed one of the U.S. agents who was trying to stop him was released from a Mexican prison recently. Why can't states send the National Guard to work the borders?

this is a part of the problem, the border patrol is constantly second guessed by other authorities. the border patrol wishes to do its job, but can't. the only solution is to finish building the border fence, and for the gov to enforce fines and prison time on employers who hire illegals.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 12:13:34 am »
That critical mass, as you say Jess is everywhere I went in the USA and Canada too !!

In Toronto, Canada, I was in a wealthy area in a restaurant and when a muslim (man in long white robe) hit someone over the head with a beer bottle, the cops came, and they asked him his name and he said Mohammed, and they did not demand any papers and they left him free, even of that one harmed was bleeding and could be dead now !!

So, I said to myself, that was the last time I will go to Toronto to lick a foreigners ass and so-called cops in a so-called civil city !

There, be it known now foreign criminals now fired bullets and murder anyone and anywhere in Toronto streets, cafes, etc, popular it is now and no one if found by policemen or if so, not guilty !

Is that a civil country Canada ? No ! It is becoming otherwise ! What do you say to that everyone ?

Where are our laws ? WE have barely any left  in USA and Canada !!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 12:48:11 am »
FYI

Mr Horn will be on GMA in the morning if anyone wants to catch it...

Thanks. I'd like to see that interview.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~