Author Topic: Grand Jury Declines to Charge Horn (Houston Break in Case)  (Read 19648 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Grand Jury Declines to Charge Horn (Houston Break in Case)
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2008, 10:45:26 pm »
Texas is a universe that produces some great ladies, though: Anne Richards, Molly Ivins, and our own Jess, o'course.  ;)

awwww!!  :-* :-*

You are SUCH a gentleman...

:-*  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2008, 10:53:43 pm »
When those criminals went after him, he was thinking clearly that he had to shoot the bastards before they would murdered him !!

Anyone thinks that those criminals from so far away, would have kissed that peaceful citizen's ass ? No, they were there to rob and murder him !

He did right to kill them both !!

I'm of the opinion, based upon listening to Horn's conversation on the 911 tape, that he was thinking clearly, but he was not in a panic or filled with "blood rage", he realized what he had to do to protect himself and his home.

Under existing TX  law Horn did not deserve to be truebilled, and the DA should have known that. This is why the Harris Co prosecutorial team needs to be weeded out and the incompetents fired ASAP, essentially the DA and his prosecutors wasted the tax payers money be trying to get the Grand Jury to indict. Anyone in the legal system knows that usually a prosecutor can get a Grand Jury to indict just about anyone, look at the fiasco created by that out of control prosector in NC after getting a supine grand jury to indict the Duke Lacrosse players on a paper thin case. So, this grand jury coming back with a no bill is a hard slap in the face of an incompetent prosecutorial team who need to be all fired.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2008, 11:10:02 pm »
I don't agree with it. Shooting people in the back is WRONG. His life was not in immediate danger when those shots were fired. His property perhaps, but NOT his life. Like I said earlier, the only time something like this could be justified would be (for example), a burglar is rushing at me with a knife, and my roommate, friend, family member etc, fired the gun and shot him in the back to protect me and keep me from being killed. Shooting people in the back when life is not being immediately threatened is wrong wrong wrong.

I know I'll be torched for saying this, but I'm going to do it anyway. This is the reason I think guns should be illegal in this country. Too many trigger happy people... "Shoot now and ask questions later". That sort of attitude doesn't wash with me. Sorry. I have never agreed with it, I don't agree with it now, and I doubt I ever will.

As you can probably tell, I am NOT from Texas!  ;)  :laugh:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 11:11:34 pm »
I don't agree with it. I doubt I ever will. Shooting people in the back is WRONG. His life was not in immediate danger when those shots were fired. His property perhaps, but NOT his life. Like I said earlier, the only time something like this could be justified would be (for example), a burglar is rushing at me with a knife, and my roommate, friend, family member etc, fired the gun and shot him in the back to protect me and keep me from being killed. Shooting people in the back when life is not being immediately threatened is wrong wrong wrong.

I know I'll be torched for saying this, but I'm going to do it anyway. This is the reason I think guns should be illegal in this country. Too many trigger happy people... "Shoot now and ask questions later". That sort of attitude doesn't wash with me. Sorry. I have never agreed with it, I don't agree with it now, and I doubt I ever will.

As you can probably tell, I am NOT from Texas!  ;)  :laugh:

true...a few nuts make all gun owners seem bad... :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 09:18:43 am »
true...a few nuts make all gun owners seem bad... :-\

Isn't that always the case? One or two or so bad apples can spoil anything for everyone else?  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 09:25:40 am »
But we let readily bad apples ruin all the goods ones, in our systems to-day !

Those two needed to be taken out of their misery !

Decent persons need to live in peace !

Offline Artiste

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2008, 11:02:35 am »
Why should he have let himself be murdered by those two gangsters ?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2008, 03:54:36 pm »
obviously Mr Horn was in the right to stop the invasion on his property. perhaps we should be asking another question:

since the perps in that isolated property invasion were illegal immigrants from Colombia, why can't we stop that larger illegal INVASION and thereby reduce the threats to people like Mr Horn?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2008, 03:59:34 pm »
Merci brokeplex !

May I agree totally with you !

Somehow, too many criminals from foreing lands pass and are let in... into the United States, Canada, England, France, unfortunately !

But we do not deport such murderers fast enough ?? May I ask... therefore !

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2008, 04:02:39 pm »
I agree on the deportation issue. I also think that employers who hire illegals should themselves spend time in prison - that will end the influx almost immediately.