Author Topic: What's Next?  (Read 6803 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
What's Next?
« on: May 30, 2006, 02:27:07 pm »
I know, I know.  This is the question that is the basis of everything at BetterMost.net...what's next in the story of your life?  But really.  I want to know.  Because I am having to pay attention to a LOT of stuff right now in my life, and I've been suprised to find that I want to pay attention now.  I want to dig in deeply with both hands, get in the absolute middle of my life, and get/keep things stirred up and moving forward.

I've had time for reflection, and anyway that's a part of my daily life.  But I can feel that the seeds planted long ago, and awakened by BBM, are starting to sprout; new life is emerging, and I'm excited to see what shape and form it's going to take.

So for me:

1. Start a blog.  I post a lot of stuff in Daily Thoughts that I sometimes send to friends and others, and they've asked for them to be more easily available.  So - I'll keep posting here, and then also add a blog that non-Brokies can read.  I find that I need to write; I'm so appreciative whenever someone wants to read!

2. Pay more attention to all the details of my life on a day-to-day basis.  I hate the feeling of things hanging undone over my head, so I'm going to see what I can do to put an end to it.

3. Make sure I don't leave anything unsaid.  I'm not a person to play games or mince words much, and I'm more committed than ever to be honest, clear, loving and true in all my relationships and connections. 

4. Be faithful to the disciplines of my life - to paying attention to doing the things that make me feel truly good.

5. Leave go the residual insecurities that keep me from the full juicy wonderfulness of engaging completely in life.  I was telling a dear friend the other day that sometimes it seems like change will take a great long while, but now I think it's a matter of just shifting perspectives, which can happen in an instant.  So - I want to make that shift in perspectives and see myself anew.

How about you?

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

slayers_creek_oth

Re: What's Next?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 02:30:12 pm »
6. Crack open a beer!

At least thats what I'm gonna do....LOL

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 02:31:29 pm »
6. Crack open a beer!

At least thats what I'm gonna do....LOL

Gosh Chris - I love your deeply thoughtful, philosophical approach to things!

:o
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 02:34:05 pm »
Gosh Chris - I love your deeply thoughtful, philosophical approach to things!

:o

I'm sorry Cel...I'll get back to you on a day when my thinkin cap is workin properly....LOL

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 02:35:34 pm »

I'm sorry Cel...I'll get back to you on a day when my thinkin cap is workin properly....LOL

Oh - no apologies!  I'm guessing the only difference between today and another day'll be how many beers. 

;D

Anyway, there's no right answer to the question.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 02:36:31 pm »
Oh - no apologies!  I'm guessing the only difference between today and another day'll be how many beers...
 ;D

ROFLOL....there is probably a fair amount of truth to that!   ;D

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 03:23:38 pm »
I think we have very successfully, and in record time, killed this thread!!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 03:31:45 pm »
I think we have very successfully, and in record time, killed this thread!!

Its not my fault I swear! 

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 03:40:41 pm »
Its not my fault I swear! 

Is to, is to!  (should that be is too, is too?)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 03:56:10 pm »
Is to, is to!  (should that be is too, is too?)

LOL....I don't know!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 04:02:22 pm »
Yes, it should be "Is, too."

And you have not killed it because I will not let it die.  At least not like this.

What's next for me?  Gosh.  Other than having to eventually be dragged away from every single thing about this movie with my teeth marks still in it, what would that be?

Actually, this movie has reawakened the activist in me.  I do think it's a major catalyst for me to get my butt in gear and campaign for the Democratic party in 2006 (hey, that's now!) and 2008.  They aren't the be all and end all - in fact there's a lot about the way they do business I'd change if I were omnipotent.  But they're a *far* cry better than what we've got now.  At least they're for the separation of church and state and for freedom of choice across the board - my two biggest rallying cries.  And they won't continue to try to legislate morality.  Also on my list, in fact probably number one on my list.

I've already done quite a bit in helping out one of the Democratic congressional candidates down here - with monetary contributions and volunteering to ask for the same (which I hate, hate, hate, but I figured it was time to really walk the walk).  And in little, OK, teensy-tiny ways, I make my voice heard about it all now where before I probably would have been afraid to.  For example, there's a group of people who hang out at the busiest intersection in town on Saturdays holding up "Honk for Peace," "Impeach Bush," "No More War," "Bring Our Troops Home," etc., signs.  This past Saturday, I beeped a couple times as I stopped at the light there and waved to them and they waved back.  But then I noticed no one else was honking.  So I laid on my horn.  Literally.  Suddenly just about everyone around me started honking theirs.  And everyone approaching the intersection honked theirs.  It was all good.  I know - trivial at best.  But it's a start.
No more beans!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 04:35:30 pm »
What's next?

What's now! I am embracing the Ruby in me, trying not to worry so much and think so hard about how things should be in the perfect world-little perfectionista that I am. I am going to be less of the person I don't want to be, and more of the person that is always trying to get out but occasionally gets squished by that other gal. I am going to hang on to my appreciation of you friends for as long as you are here but not stop being Ruby if you aren't.

I mental and emotional 'nother beer.

Heathen

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 04:41:02 pm »

I've already done quite a bit in helping out one of the Democratic congressional candidates down here -

(Disclaimer: this cartoon does not necessarily reflect the political affiliation of the poster.)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 04:59:49 pm »

(Disclaimer: this cartoon does not necessarily reflect the political affiliation of the poster.)

Hahahaha

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 08:52:04 pm »
BUMP
Come on people....

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 10:10:22 pm »
BUMP
Come on people....

Chris - you don't get to kill this thread, and then try to resurrect it too!  C'mon, just admit it.  You're a thread killer.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 10:53:09 pm »
I'm with you Barb. I never was very political until recently, and then I realized I have to be. BTW, great interview with Al Gore on Fresh Air tonite. Everyone should hear it, and also see his new film. Well, here's why I feel like I have to be more political. My personal September 11th occurred in late November 2000. My husband, who always vowed he was a democrat like me, admitted that he had voted for Bush. I cried for two days straight. Not that I was an avid democrat, it was just that I felt that anybody with half a brain would vote for Gore. But apparently I had overestimated my husband's intellect during the 15+ years of our marriage (hey can u blame me, he chose me!) So, a couple of years later, trying to come to terms with this huge rift in our lives, we decided that since we were on opposing sides that the best thing to do would be for neither one of us to give any support to any political party. I respected this rule. Fast forward to the latest presidential election in 2004... I was rooting around in the trash can looking for my mail (Why on earth would I look in the trash for my mail, u wonder? Well that's another problem...my "life partner" feels like he's doing me a favor by throwing away mail that he thinks I don't "need" to see) and I found a post card saying "Thank you so much for your donation to the Swift Boat veterans for Truth." This numbnut (Thanks, Ray!) guy I'm married to had seen fit to donate money (and since I am the only breadwinner in the home, my money) to an organization of former employees of Kerry who were devoted to tearing down his reputation from the Vietnam War in which he earned several Purple Hearts. So, I now feel that I should...I must...work to even the score. Let's go for it!!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 11:47:00 pm »
Wow - you are powerful forces to be reckoned with in the universe!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 12:38:03 am »
Chris - you don't get to kill this thread, and then try to resurrect it too!  C'mon, just admit it.  You're a thread killer.

Hey I tried! 

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 02:55:13 pm »
Wow - you are powerful forces to be reckoned with in the universe!

That's one way of putting it.  ;)
No more beans!