Author Topic: July 2007 interview with Pierre Tremblay on FindingBrokeback  (Read 47972 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: July 2007 interview with Pierre Tremblay on FindingBrokeback
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 07:27:04 pm »
Wow......OMG....I have just read the entire interviews and am completely overwhelmed.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 08:23:45 pm »

I hope someone writes the full 'Making of Brokeback' book--

!!
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 09:19:59 pm »
I knew you'd love this as much as we did! There is just so much information here that we haven't had from any other source. The Making of Brokeback Mountain! What a great idea!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 10:53:47 pm »
I hope someone writes the full 'Making of Brokeback' book--

Y'all ought to check out all the interviews at Finding Brokeback.  That site's no little thing!

http://www.findingbrokeback.com/Interviews/_Interview_Frame.html

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:04 am »
What a stunner of an interview, Lauren and Jim!  Thank you so much for gifting us with it.  You kept mum about it when we were up there, too, you rascals!  Or maybe I just didn't listen in on the right conversations.   ;)

This is a perfect continuation of our original interview--so much more depth and detail.  It will be wonderful to have all these facts in front of us when questions arise about the different scenes.  And it blew me away to finally see a picture of Pierre Tremblay!   8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

retropian

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 06:06:10 am »
Thank you for this. It's, well, magical. The interview and pic's renew those feelings I had when the film was still in the theaters.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 03:58:49 pm »
As many of you know, one major side effect of BBM for me personally is that I've become a bull-riding enthusiast (something that never would have crossed my mind prior to BBM).  So, I just have to say that this pic just makes me so happy!

When I watch bull-riding events I often pick the guys to cheer for based on how much they remind me of Jack Twist (probably no big surprise as a Brokie) and this is just the type of image I have in mind a lot of the time while watching real-life events on TV.
8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 06:15:30 pm »
What a stunner of an interview, Lauren and Jim!  Thank you so much for gifting us with it.  You kept mum about it when we were up there, too, you rascals!  Or maybe I just didn't listen in on the right conversations.   ;)

I'm afraid there wasn't any conversation, Meryl. The only person I ever mentioned this to was MaineWriter when we happened to get together one day, way after the fact, and we talked a little about Alberta. And she was sworn to secrecy!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 07:07:56 pm »
Thank you, Jim Bond and Tamarack.

I hope someone writes the full 'Making of Brokeback' book....

I agree, John.  And the participation of Ang Lee and some of the main actors (via interviews) would be great but not absolutely essential.  Based on this interview with Pierre Tremblay, I imagine there would be other people more than happy to talk about their experiences in making BBM.  I'd love to hear from every single one of them, so matter how small their involvement.  Can you just imagine all the little details they could share with us....

Of course, a DVD with a director's commentary and deleted scenes and other incredible extra features would be awesome, too.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 04:09:56 am »
Thank you, Jim Bond and Tamarack.

I agree, John.  And the participation of Ang Lee and some of the main actors (via interviews) would be great but not absolutely essential.  Based on this interview with Pierre Tremblay, I imagine there would be other people more than happy to talk about their experiences in making BBM.  I'd love to hear from every single one of them, so matter how small their involvement.  Can you just imagine all the little details they could share with us....

Of course, a DVD with a director's commentary and deleted scenes and other incredible extra features would be awesome, too.

What Fran said.  But I sure look forward to a Michael Hausman interview in partickeler.

:)