Author Topic: I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS  (Read 61833 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 12:37:36 pm »
Another short trailer.  Its premiere at Sundance apparently went quite well.

Does the story take place in the late 1970's and 1980s'?.  I watched the trailer and it looks like it takes place in that time period.  I have the book and have not read it though I do know someone who was an extra in the movie.  She enjoyed the experience but found Jim Carrey to be rather standoffish (at first), but one evening, he finally walked over and mingled with them (the extras). She enjoyed the experience but has not seen the final product. 

I just hope it finds a distributor and doesn't go straight to DVD.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »
I saw the preview in a movie theater before Slumdog Millionaire so I assumed it would be showing very soon.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 10:51:16 pm »
They haven't found an American distributor last I read.  Movie is premiering in Finland this month, I believe.

the story take place in the late 1970's and 1980s'?  I watched the trailer and it looks like it takes place in that time period.  I have the book and have not read it though I do know someone who was an extra in the movie.  She enjoyed the experience but found Jim Carrey to be rather standoffish (at first), but one evening, he finally walked over and mingled with them (the extras). She enjoyed the experience but has not seen the final product.

I just hope it finds a distributor and doesn't go straight to DVD.

Russell's career in crime started in the 70's, so some scenes may be from his life during the 70-80's, but the story of his big love affair happened in the mid 90's.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 04:48:11 pm »
Article by writer of the book, I love you, Phillip Morris and pics of the real Steven Russell and Phillip Morris.

http://www.houstonpress.com/2009-02-19/news/living-and-dying-with-jim-carrey-and-ewan-mcgregor-over-sundance/1

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 07:12:58 pm »
Cute clip.  Jim Carrey being interviewed at Sundance and is asked the inevitable question - how does it feel/how does one get prepared for his romantic scenes (with another man)?  Jim went the Jake and Heath route, the "you're kissing the person you love whoever it is'.

At 2:10 into the interview, Ewan shows up and actually does kiss Jim when he meets him.  Sweet.  ;D  If only Jake and Heath had done that.  :-*

&feature=related

retropian

Re: I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS/straight to DVD
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 10:13:31 pm »
Sorry to see it wasn't picked up. I was looking forward to seeing it in the theater, but DVD will do.

http://www.queerty.com/jim-carreys-con-artist-love-affair-flick-headed-straight-to-blockbuster-20090321/

the youtube interview with Jim Carrey was good. I generally do not like him, or rather do not like his films, but he seemed very cool during the interview. Ewan McG. is always always a treat.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 10:31:34 pm »
Sorry to see it wasn't picked up. I was looking forward to seeing it in the theater, but DVD will do.

http://www.queerty.com/jim-carreys-con-artist-love-affair-flick-headed-straight-to-blockbuster-20090321/

the youtube interview with Jim Carrey was good. I generally do not like him, or rather do not like his films, but he seemed very cool during the interview. Ewan McG. is always always a treat.

Story is going around that the producers/directors are cutting scenes left and right in an attempt to get an American distributor -  >:(

I hope it's not true.  If that is the case, who knows what version will go to DVD?  The uncut or cut-up version?

retropian

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 04:23:01 am »
Story is going around that the producers/directors are cutting scenes left and right in an attempt to get an American distributor -  >:(

I hope it's not true.  If that is the case, who knows what version will go to DVD?  The uncut or cut-up version?

Lord, I hope it's an unedited directors cut with lot's o' raunch! ;D I read somewhere there is a pretty graphic scene where J.C. tops E.M. a'la FNIT, but in a well lit prison cell. E.M. has plaid gay before  :-* and done lot's of full frontal (see "The Pillow Book) I doubt getting on his knees and elbows was too difficult. ;D

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 02:37:31 pm »
Lord, I hope it's an unedited directors cut with lot's o' raunch! ;D I read somewhere there is a pretty graphic scene where J.C. tops E.M. a'la FNIT, but in a well lit prison cell. E.M. has plaid gay before  :-* and done lot's of full frontal (see "The Pillow Book) I doubt getting on his knees and elbows was too difficult. ;D

We can only hope.  :-*

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2009, 03:14:50 pm »

Maybe they'll have to retitle it to "I Like You Phillip Morris."