Author Topic: I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS  (Read 61834 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2010, 02:12:17 pm »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/10/i_love_you_phillip_morris_trai_1.html

I Love You Phillip Morris  Trailer:
Jim Carrey’s Gay Prison Movie
Is Finally Coming Out

By: Kyle Buchanan
10/21/10 at 1:15 PM

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXnwkh_Oro&feature[/youtube]

It's really happening! After years of delays and legal red tape, the notorious Jim Carrey gay prison movie I Love You Phillip Morris  is coming out via Roadside Attractions just in time for Christmas, and the domestic trailer has just been released. (It's been on the shelf so long that the last time Vulture covered a trailer for the film — then just a three-minute clip produced for French audiences — it was in December 2008. )

Sure, the rest of the world has already watched it and the movie's been online for ages, but hey, Jim Carrey hasn't been seen in a live-action film in a few years, so there's that, right? Should Phillip Morris  not be to your liking, you could simply hold out until Carrey's overdue return to movies commences with Mr. Popper's Penguins, but we have a hunch that movie will include way less gay spooning in prison, and be all the worse for it.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2010, 03:31:40 pm »
Hmmmm. Having seen the moive, that new trailer leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  :-\  I don't think it does the movie justice.  I liked the old trailers better.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2010, 07:55:41 pm »
The new trailer is hysterical.

It emphasizes the conman part and the marriage part more though.

"Maybe this is Jesus' plan.  Gotta go, Jesus is on the other line."

It would be extremely bizarre if they release this movie at Christmas.  Isn't Jim Carrey's "A Christmas Carol" also coming out this Christmas?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2010, 09:03:23 pm »
I agree the new trailer is hysterical...it's been so long, I don't quite remember the original trailer. Except I do remember Steven standing at the door with flowers, a limo, trying to entice Phillip to open the door. I think this new trailer has wider appeal.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2010, 09:11:04 pm »
I agree the new trailer is hysterical...it's been so long, I don't quite remember the original trailer. Except I do remember Steven standing at the door with flowers, a limo, trying to entice Phillip to open the door. I think this new trailer has wider appeal.

I remember the original trailers.  Most strongly emphasized the gay love story more than the marriage part.  Though I do wonder, they were a lot more 'general' than this trailer is.  Are we sure it's an American trailer?  You hardly ever see such blatant sex scenes or coarse language in trailers here.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2010, 11:05:14 am »
I remember the original trailers.  Most strongly emphasized the gay love story more than the marriage part.  Though I do wonder, they were a lot more 'general' than this trailer is.  Are we sure it's an American trailer?  You hardly ever see such blatant sex scenes or coarse language in trailers here.

Maybe that's what's bugging me about it.  That (first gay) sex scene really doesn't need to be in the trailer.  It's like putting TS1 in the trailer for BBM.  Don't seem right.  And yeah, the other trailers more focused on the love story...  This trailer is just off-putting to me.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2010, 02:52:47 pm »
Haven't seen any trailers, news, tv spots, nothin' for this.  Maybe they're keepin' it on the down low until it opens?

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2010, 05:30:07 pm »

ILYPM   

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoFANivV44g[/youtube]

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2010, 05:35:48 pm »
ILYPM

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0NCZEY5M4[/youtube]

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2010, 06:18:27 pm »
We've heard the date December 03rd, but my local art-house cinema here in San Jose has it on their schedule for December 10th!  Sometimes this art-house theatre gets movies a week after they open in SF/Berkeley.  This leads me to believe it will be a VERY LIMITED art house only release, and then be rushed to DVD by February.   :-\

There has been no advertising, no trailers in theatres, no hype, no anything!  :-\