Author Topic: True Hollywood Story - "Heath Ledger" - on E!  (Read 8671 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
True Hollywood Story - "Heath Ledger" - on E!
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:58:06 pm »
If you watched it, what did you think about it?

I watched it. I thought they did a very good job of detailing Heath's life from childhood through the end of his life. It was very interesting to hear the various comments from his friends and colleagues. I liked it and I hope they air it again soon because my DVD recorder is broken. I was planning on buying a new one tonight but I never made it up to the store. :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: True Hollywood Story - "Heath Ledger" - on E!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:18:54 am »
As I posted in HHH, I thought it was pretty good.  I liked seeing all the pictures and video of Heath through the years, though it just kept making me sad.  The comments of his friends and colleagues were great and gave a truer picture of who Heath was than you could get by reading dozens of interviews.

I just hate those damned pop-up ads that keep intruding on the program, though.  ENOUGH, ALREADY!  >:(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 01:26:19 am »
Yes, I know what you mean Meryl. Parts of it made me very sad too. I couldn't watch the part where they showed Heath being wheeled out on the stretcher. I turned my head and asked Alex to let me know once it was off the screen.  :'( :'(

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 11:06:53 am »
Same here.

I watched his life unfold.  I didn't want to watch his death unfold.  I didn't watch the end.

Sad and still unbelievable.  :'(

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:41:32 pm »
Yes, I know what you mean Meryl. Parts of it made me very sad too. I couldn't watch the part where they showed Heath being wheeled out on the stretcher. I turned my head and asked Alex to let me know once it was off the screen.  :'( :'(

I couldn't watch that bit either. I also found the part where the Aussie press turn on him  and he became so upset, hard as well. I hate the whole tall poppy thing, very distasteful and spiteful.
I am going to watch it again tomorrow. I can hardly comprehend tat we are almost comming to te end of his photos.I guess ery soon there will be none we haven't seen and no new ones.
 read somewhere that Michelle is allegedly going to put together a film, so Matilda will have some record of her wonderful father.For once I am hoping a rumour is true.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 02:58:18 am »
Thank you Fiona. I didn't realize they were reairing the program. I just checked the guide built into my tv, and it said the show will reair tomorrow (Sunday) July 13th at 2:00 pm Eastern on E!.

So if anyone didn't get to see it the other night, you have a second chance! :)

Offline BelAir

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 04:31:21 pm »
I watched it...

I was crying by the end, but I'm glad I watched it...

I couldn't tell if they had prepared a special already, and then had to add on the end
 ???

they had some sort of credits before the true end of the program, but maybe they always do it that way?

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:35:55 pm »

I hope we won't have to wait too long for it to be shown on Australian television. It will certainly have a big market here. I look forward to seeing it.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:07:41 pm »
I hope we won't have to wait too long for it to be shown on Australian television. It will certainly have a big market here. I look forward to seeing it.

They spent a lot of time talking about his Australian roots and the early days of his career in Australia.  That part was very interesting... and they talked with a good number of his Australian friends/ colleagues from the early days.

I posted a bit about this in HHH too... I was rather impressed by how they handled BBM.  They showed most of the major affectionate scenes between Jack and Ennis, definitely no shying away from the content of BBM there.  And, they even included a little clip of Annie Proulx complimenting Heath, which I thought was just great.

So, yes, this THS was really pretty well handled compared to some of the productions that are shown on E!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 11:44:06 pm »

They spent a lot of time talking about his Australian roots and the early days of his career in Australia.  That part was very interesting... and they talked with a good number of his Australian friends/ colleagues from the early days.

I posted a bit about this in HHH too... I was rather impressed by how they handled BBM.  They showed most of the major affectionate scenes between Jack and Ennis, definitely no shying away from the content of BBM there.  And, they even included a little clip of Annie Proulx complimenting Heath, which I thought was just great.

So, yes, this THS was really pretty well handled compared to some of the productions that are shown on E!

Thanks, Amanda. I'll pop over to HHH and read your post there.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 11:48:03 pm »
this is on Youtube if you can see it, Kerry

the link to the first segment...watch quick in case they take it down....does everyone have a downloader for Youtube? (not that I am in any way encouraging anyone to make their own copies)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEEjFlojxAU[/youtube]

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:45:44 am »
I haven't seen it yet but I really want to.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 02:15:32 am »
this is on Youtube if you can see it, Kerry

the link to the first segment...watch quick in case they take it down....does everyone have a downloader for Youtube? (not that I am in any way encouraging anyone to make their own copies)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEEjFlojxAU[/youtube]

Thank you so very much for posting that, Jess. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it.   :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline optom3

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 11:13:37 am »
Thanks from me too.I saw it on te TV, but it was lovely to see it again.I can't hear enough about his beautiful smile.

I know it will sound stupid, but my younger son is so gorgeous, people always say the same about him.Even teachers say they just get sucked in by his smile.He radiates this wonderful aura around him, everyone wants to be with him and be his friend.
I sometimes think he is too blessed.Brains, beauty, personality plus and an incredible sporstman, which makes me worry.I know I am just being a silly mom, but I can't quite sahke it.
I think that is why I feel so much For the friends and family of Heath. My light would go out if anything happened to Matt.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 03:44:20 pm »
Thanks Jess! I expected to see shots of him in home and away with good old Sally Flecther but none of that!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 05:22:19 pm »
One of our new members, whiskeyspring, just posted the links over at HeathHeathHeath:

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:52:05 am »
I finally got to see this last night (Thurs., 7/17/08). I hadn't realized my cable service carried E!, until I noticed the program was scheduled for last evening, and I checked the channel guide.  ::)

Anyway, I found it not to be as sensationalized as I'd feared it would be. I hope I can see it again some time, as my father telephoned just as they got to the part about Brokeback Mountain.  :-\  ::)

My overall reaction is that the program brought back my feelings of anger at such a waste of such a talent being lost to the world at such a young age.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 08:56:11 am »
I cried at the second half of the last you tube and all of the last.   :'( :'( :'(