Author Topic: I had a life, once  (Read 37070 times)

vkm91941

Re: I had a life, once
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 08:47:09 pm »
My reply should be things I gave up for Brokeback...cause my life is the same I've just crammed all this into it as well.

I use to read voraciously, now I only read 2 or 3 books a week... :-\

I use to watch TV, now I only watch Prison Break and CSI and they're both over for the year so.... :D

I use to meet my friends for coffee, a movie, lunch, a long chat on the phone on the days my Dad's caregiver comes, now I go in my room and close the door and log on here instead more often than not. ::)

I still cook every day, in this house full of men I better or they'd live on pizza...but they do the dishes. ;)

I only vaccume and dust  once a week now and I get the caregiver to do the laundry for me. My house is alot dustier than it use to be but still clean enough to be healthy :o

I still drive the kids to school and pick them up on my car pool days.  I still go to all the little league practices and games with my youngest and the night varsity baseball games with my oldest.

And I am in love for the second time in my life...Thank you BBM for that most of all  :-*

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 08:52:35 pm by vkm91941 »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 08:49:14 pm »
Boy ya'll are obsessed!  LOL

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 09:02:30 pm »
Boy ya'll are obsessed!  LOL

Chris, a man in the 1000+ posts club calling us obsessed? Pleasseeee....
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 09:05:24 pm »
Chris, a man in the 1000+ posts club calling us obsessed? Pleasseeee....

HEY....don't get all subject changy on me!  LOL

We're focusing on you're guyses craziness today...because frankly all of you put together wouldn't have enough time to focus on mine!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 09:13:23 pm »
HEY....don't get all subject changy on me!  LOL

We're focusing on you're guyses craziness today...because frankly all of you put together wouldn't have enough time to focus on mine!

Who's getting subject changy? LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 09:16:03 pm »
Who's getting subject changy? LOL

ROFL....there you go again *hides head in shame*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 09:23:06 pm »
Ahem, back to the topic at hand

In my former life, I could keep my mind on a topic for more than 30 seconds, before feeling an obsessive need to go check email or the bettermost board for updates....

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 09:41:12 pm »
I had a pre-Brokeback life, and now I'm having a post-Brokeback life.  Two completely different animals. 

Ostensibly the same - kids, marriage, work, home, friends, pets, holidays, etc etc - but OH SO different internally.  While I don't want to go as far as saying it wasn't really a life, the difference is so tangible, and so pronounced that I'm forced to wonder what the heck I was doing all that time  :-\

Seems as though that other world, the world in which one is untouched by Brokeback (the world the unbelievers still exist in) is muted, and the lens isn't quite clear.  Seems like a dark, archaic world, a left-behind world.  This new world is bright, sparkling, joyful, honest, and singing with possibility and power  :).

W

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 09:47:47 pm »
I had a pre-Brokeback life, and now I'm having a post-Brokeback life.  Two completely different animals. 

Ostensibly the same - kids, marriage, work, home, friends, pets, holidays, etc etc - but OH SO different internally.  While I don't want to go as far as saying it wasn't really a life, the difference is so tangible, and so pronounced that I'm forced to wonder what the heck I was doing all that time  :-\

Seems as though that other world, the world in which one is untouched by Brokeback (the world the unbelievers still exist in) is muted, and the lens isn't quite clear.  Seems like a dark, archaic world, a left-behind world.  This new world is bright, sparkling, joyful, honest, and singing with possibility and power  :).

W

... and inhabited by stars that fell from the sky and live in a place called BetterMost - Brokeback Mountain Forums.

I thank all my lucky ones for this movie and you beautiful people I've come to know because of it.
No more beans!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 01:14:09 am »
Lesdlie, I hasve given up all the things you have, plus cleaning ther hoiuse...

Then there are the times you get a little, tiny inspiration for an originasl story, like about YOU, or ytour grandma, or an old firned, or someone real...and "he's ccries he's mastered it, without half trying; appears the moon, and once again, he's lying..." (IT's a little dirtieer in germna, but for this purpose, the English suits..)

Idiot,s all of em!

"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters