Author Topic: I had a life, once  (Read 37064 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: I had a life, once
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2006, 10:18:13 pm »
With the greatest respect, tiawahcowboy, some of us (who shall ..... ahem .... remain nameless) have backgrounds in the real thing, ie, psychiatry.  They might say that a hobby or interest is only problematic when it impacts negatively on relationships and ability to function long term.  They might also, in a completely off the record, casual sort of way, diagnose the vast majority of Brokies with a galloping case of sanity.  It's blazingly apparent to me that (I'll use the quantifier again) the vast majority have clearly demonstrated significant POSITIVE change in their lives as a result of being touched by Brokeback Mountain.

Now, I'd like to ask you if you'd have us sit at home and wait to die, American Idol notwithstanding.    Whether it's the hand of God at work, or simply a unique piece of art released into an unsuspecting world, I can't say, but either way it's all GOOD.  Who gives a flying f*#ck about our Brokespeak, and our collectables, and our repeated viewings, and our foruming late into the night.  None of those things, alone or together, amount to anything remotely approaching psychosis or even mild dysfunction. 

Tell you what, the truth is, it could be like this, just like this, always.  It'd be a sweet life, for what it's worth.  For how long?  Long as we can ride it.  I'm posting four hours a day (don't want no game and fish catching me on no forum) and I'm gettin' tired of this dumbass missing.  We can get together, way the hell out in the middle of the thread, but seeing eye to eye on this, no way.

W

Wolf,
I don't know who you are but you just rode into this conversation like a knight in shining armor...

ooops, wrong movie...

You just rode into this conversation like a cowboy astride his stallion, waving a lariat...

Welcome, sweetheart. Pull up a chair and let me serve ya some coffee and a piece o'cherry cake....

Feeling sort of protective here, since I started this thread...appreciate your input...it was so needed and I was about to be less than polite.

Thanks--looking forward to getting to know you.

Leslie
xox
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 10:19:53 pm by lnicoll »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2006, 10:18:56 pm »

Tell you what, the truth is, it could be like this, just like this, always.  It'd be a sweet life, for what it's worth.  For how long?  Long as we can ride it.  I'm posting four hours a day (don't want no game and fish catching me on no forum) and I'm gettin' tired of this dumbass missing.  We can get together, way the hell out in the middle of the thread, but seeing eye to eye on this, no way.

W

I wish I'd written that!
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2006, 10:19:11 pm »
Wolf,
I don't know who you are but you just rode into this conversation like a knight in shining armor...

ooops, wrong movie...

You just rode into this conversation like a cowboy astride his stallion, waving a lariat...

Welcome, sweetheart. Pull up a chair and let me serve ya some coffee and a piece o'cherry cake....

Feeling sort of protective here, since I started this thread...appreciate your input...

Leslie
xox

LOL....where's my cake Leslie?

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2006, 10:19:35 pm »
With the greatest respect, tiawahcowboy, some of us (who shall ..... ahem .... remain nameless) have backgrounds in the real thing, ie, psychiatry.  They might say that a hobby or interest is only problematic when it impacts negatively on relationships and ability to function long term.  They might also, in a completely off the record, casual sort of way, diagnose the vast majority of Brokies with a galloping case of sanity.  It's blazingly apparent to me that (I'll use the quantifier again) the vast majority have clearly demonstrated significant POSITIVE change in their lives as a result of being touched by Brokeback Mountain.

Now, I'd like to ask you if you'd have us sit at home and wait to die, American Idol notwithstanding.    Whether it's the hand of God at work, or simply a unique piece of art released into an unsuspecting world, I can't say, but either way it's all GOOD.  Who gives a flying f*#ck about our Brokespeak, and our collectables, and our repeated viewings, and our foruming late into the night.  None of those things, alone or together, amount to anything remotely approaching psychosis or even mild dysfunction. 

W

Well said Wolf!   :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2006, 10:23:40 pm »
LOL....where's my cake Leslie?

Chris, you ain't a newcomer, thought you had the recipe...but if you really insist, I'll have a piece waiting for you on Tuesday...

hugs,
L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2006, 10:40:08 pm »
Chris, you ain't a newcomer, thought you had the recipe...but if you really insist, I'll have a piece waiting for you on Tuesday...

hugs,
L
xo

Alright well....I'll take what i can get I suppose...

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2006, 11:05:17 pm »
Wolf,

ooops, wrong movie...

Feeling sort of protective here, since I started this thread...appreciate your input...it was so needed and I was about to be less than polite.

Thanks--looking forward to getting to know you.

Leslie
xox

aww shucks, them's kind words, friend  :).  I'll have a cup 'a' coffee but I can't eat no cherry cake just now - just ate soup  ;).  give you warnin' I can't post worth a damn, tho I am pretty good with a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation, as per the decidely weird turn this thread took!

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2006, 11:08:55 pm »
I wish I'd written that!

;D ;D ;D

all thanks to Ms Proulx, bless her cotton socks.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2006, 11:19:05 pm »
Well said Wolf!   :)

I second that! (Or third or fourth it, I guess.)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2006, 11:49:43 pm »
Hey, guys (Ihey were looking at a beautiful statue of Kaileya Krishna, their heads close together). No response. I crossed myself, ands said "Holy Mary, Mother of God, and the n called, louder: Let's git, unkles yiou wanna sit around tying knots all day." They slowkly turnee around, and approached my group of five, waiting for the rest of my architecture tour. "What did you say?, "one of them said. "Excuse my language," I said to the remainder of the ]group: "I;m trying to conduct an architecture tour here, is that a fuckin' proiblem?" "Can you do that all day?' the other one said. "Maybe not," I said,
"As I was sayging, George Sexton held out this pallette of colors to the curators, pastel colors, and said, I want each of you to chboose...."

Neither of them said anything for the remainder of ther tour, although they spent more time looking at me than thre archiutecture. At the end, one of them said 'See you around, I gyuess," and they walked out of my life.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 11:52:46 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters