Author Topic: I think I saw a BBM bumper sticker today  (Read 7312 times)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
I think I saw a BBM bumper sticker today
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:25:58 pm »
I was driving through a parking lot, so I could have been hallucinating. But there, on the car in front of me, I saw one of those bumper stickers that looks like an old Colorado license plate (green mountain sky line). Most of them say "Native" on them, but I could have sworn this one said "Brokeaholic."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 04:48:38 pm by nakymaton »
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: I think I saw a BBM bumper sticker today
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 11:54:13 pm »
Doesn't sound like one of the three that were produced for Dave Cullen's forum members ..... hmmm ....... mysterious  Whatever the case, I WANT ONE!

Had a good chuckle at your proposed windshield note.  That'd surely have tickled the recipient  ;D

W

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 12:03:28 am »
I kind of want one that says "If you can't stand it, you've gotta fix it."

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 01:04:36 am »
I need a car to go under mine, and then: Me Neither

I wear my shirt almost every day, anyhow..."You know, friend..etc."

In 65, 000 years, my littl harmonica pin is arriving...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 01:26:55 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 05:00:49 am »
That reminds me, I haven't gotten my BBM car ovals I ordered.

naky, that would be very exciting for me too, if I saw that.  Do you live in Colorado?  You probably know FrontRanger does.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 08:26:43 am »
I have my BBM oval on the 4-Runner.  Seems fitting, somehow.  I wonder if anyone ever tells anyone else "Hey, I saw a BBM bumper sticker today!"

Naky, I like your idea for a bumper sticker.  There are websites you can go to and get one custom made with whatever saying you want.  That's how I got my "I didn't vote for his brother, either" one.  I almost kind of hope Jeb Bush runs in 2008 so I can get maximum enjoyment out of that one.  Just Google "custom bumper stickers" and a couple good sites should come up.
No more beans!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 03:05:39 pm »
That's so neat! (At least, if you read the sticker correctly). I'm more than half inclined to say go for it with the note about the e-mail address, should you come across the car again. Perhaps you should suggest a meal of beans.  ;) And then you'll just have to hope this person isn't just a broke alcoholic; - then again, you could ask whether he'd ever been a rodeo clown.  ::)

OK, I'll stop the silly comments now. But it's lovely getting to actually meet another Brokeaholic and just being able to gab on and on about it with someone who *understands*. My visit with Two_mules back in early March provided just that kind of BBM oasis. (Slightly marred at the end by *Trash* at the Oscars.  >:( )

I had a Brokeback RL moment today, too - I hope you don't mind me using this thread to tell the tale?  (I tried looking for a more approprioate thread but couldn't find it.)

I was driving past the local Harley dealership's garage, and 3 guys were standing outside, each of them one step or more away from the next so I could see them all clearly, all 3 looking towards the road as I drove by - one of them was supporting a wheel on the ground. The middle one looked so much like the elderly scruffy and sinister guy in front of the car repair shop in the BBM trailer that I was taken aback. Those 3; - and that guy's looks; - I felt like I'd accidentally just driven past the 3 Jack-bashers. I think all at once a shiver ran down my spine there.....

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 04:31:17 pm »
Maybe we need to do a BetterMost BBM Bumper Sticker, although maybe not with a can of beans on it.  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 04:53:36 pm »
Did you get the urge to yell "Hey, Jack! I've got your back, man!"

Well, I did get the urge to look around for Jack, hoping to see him too. But unfortunately, no Jack look-alikes to be seen. Just my luck - I only get to see the villainous guys.  >:(  Perhaps I'll run into an Aguirre tomorrow.

Bumper stickers are not something you see used over here, but I'd really have liked to have had some little thing that reminded me of Brokeback. A piece of silver jewellry would be ideal. Perhaps I should go looking on the net for earrings with small cowboy hat charms?

......Or perhaps I should be content with the yin/yang earrings I already have. Nope. I want something new.  ::)

ETA: Hehe. I'm a senior ranch hand now! I'll soon reach the elevated point where I can even boss Ennis himself around. And then there'll be more fixing it and less standing it for him, let me tell you!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 04:57:11 pm by Mikaela »

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 04:57:57 pm »
I've seen talk of cowboy hat charms and of tiny harmonicas around here. (I don't think the harmonicas come pre-flattened, though.)

Philip - would a BetterMost bumper sticker say "No More Beans"?