Author Topic: Favorite Kind of Tea?  (Read 13882 times)

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
Re: Favorite Kind of Tea?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 08:28:59 pm »
I love Nestea, and there is a kind I get, I can't remember the name, but it is raspberry flavored. It is so good. :)
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2008, 08:44:19 pm »
Oh !

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008, 08:52:07 pm »
Merci brokeplex!

I think that you are right, as I remember now that it has that ?

But that tea if first class?

Grand-maman used to complained often about tea having sand ! Maybe your grand-mother did too ? You heard the results?

Au revoir,
hugs!

sand? sand mixed into the tea leaves? never heard of it.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 12:36:51 am »
Merci brokeplex!

I think that you are right, as I remember now that it has that ?

But that tea if first class?

Grand-maman used to complained often about tea having sand ! Maybe your grand-mother did too ? You heard the results?

Au revoir,
hugs!

I've never heard of anyone putting sand in their tea before! Eww yuck. But that reminds me of something that happened several years back. LOL

This has NOTHING to do with tea, but with coffee instead. When I was living in Evansville, my roommate's mother moved in with us for a while. Her name was Alice and she was in her late 80s at the time. I used to make coffee for her every morning. She had a health care service come each day to give her her baths and take her vital signs, etc. Anyway, one day Alice told the heath care worker that the coffee I made for her had drugs in them. This obviously alarmed the nurse, and later that day they sent the supervisor down to the house to find out what was going on. I told him I have NEVER put drugs in her coffee! I mean, the old lady could be very demanding and hateful sometimes, but I certainly didn't want to drug her. Come to find out, she was saying "dregs" or "drags", not drugs. In other words, sometimes my coffee had drags in them - coffee grounds. But the way she was pronouncing it, it sounded like "drugs" to the nurse. And she was right. Sometimes that automatic coffee maker would "flip" the filter, and fold it over when the water started pouring in it. If this happened, some of the coffee grounds would enter the pot and the coffee would have drags in it.  :P

Drugs in her coffee. Good lord.  ::)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 08:20:13 am »
I've never heard of anyone putting sand in their tea before! Eww yuck. But that reminds me of something that happened several years back. LOL

This has NOTHING to do with tea, but with coffee instead. When I was living in Evansville, my roommate's mother moved in with us for a while. Her name was Alice and she was in her late 80s at the time. I used to make coffee for her every morning. She had a health care service come each day to give her her baths and take her vital signs, etc. Anyway, one day Alice told the heath care worker that the coffee I made for her had drugs in them. This obviously alarmed the nurse, and later that day they sent the supervisor down to the house to find out what was going on. I told him I have NEVER put drugs in her coffee! I mean, the old lady could be very demanding and hateful sometimes, but I certainly didn't want to drug her. Come to find out, she was saying "dregs" or "drags", not drugs. In other words, sometimes my coffee had drags in them - coffee grounds. But the way she was pronouncing it, it sounded like "drugs" to the nurse. And she was right. Sometimes that automatic coffee maker would "flip" the filter, and fold it over when the water started pouring in it. If this happened, some of the coffee grounds would enter the pot and the coffee would have drags in it.  :P

Drugs in her coffee. Good lord.  ::)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

slipping the ol lady some ruffies! You BAD, David...

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 09:04:48 am »
I drink Celestial Seasoning mint tea to calm my stomach in the early eveings usually. I like Earl Grey tea too, but it doesnt have a perfume smell or taste to me.... Later when its getting towards bedtime I drink Sleepy Time tea with extra Valerian Root to help me sleep.  It really works to!  I like my hot tea with honey.   I usually order "sweet" tea when we go out.   Its ice tea with sugar already made and lots of ice.  Yum. oops I mean mmmmm.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 06:48:11 pm »
If you decide to make it Marie, let me know how it turns out, okay? :)

I did make it David - luckily we had lots of sun this weekend. I added some mint leaves and it turned out great!    :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 04:38:13 am »
I am unfamiliar with the lah de dah or effete vibe from drinking tea.  Now high tea where the cream scones are brought on a silver plate are another matter.

I love Early Grey, and I love the smell of bergamot (which is a flower, BTW).  I tend to drink that, or one of a few Traditional Medicinals brand.  Our neighbor next door had a new shed built this week, and invited Mini-Meno and me over for a tiny tea party in the shed, before she starts filling it with lawn mower, etc.  I wanted to make iced mint tea, but found I'd run out, so made "Breathe Easy" tea instead.  It got lots of compliments.  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2009, 09:27:31 pm »
Bumping for bump-fest!!  And because tea is a hot topic at the moment here in Polling Place.

If you've voted here before, you're free to change your vote if you feel like it.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2009, 10:37:04 pm »
Same as before, my favourite teas are still Twining's Irish Breakfast Tea and Ceylon Orange Pekoe Tea. I've added a new one since then. I am now very fond of Twining's Traditional Afternoon Tea.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν