Author Topic: Kitty Scratches: William Shatner Launches Bizarre Tirade on George Takei!  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Meow... kitty scratches.

In an calm tone, Bill Shatner takes apart George "Sulu" Takei, a co-star on Star Trek over some bizarre feud that he claims deals with Takei objecting to Shatner demanding close-ups in the middle of Sulu's scenes.  Supposedly Takei pointedly didn't invite Shatner to his wedding to his partner, although Takei says he did.

The whole thing is bizarre.  Takei seemed happy enough to show up for the Comedy Central roast of William Shatner a year or two ago and seemed to get along fine.

Even more odd, Shatner volunteered all of this on his YouTube channel and purposefully "went there" without much prompting.  Watch for yourself:

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
More here, with George Takei just saying he hopes Shatner votes no on 8 and he says Shatner was invited. Shatner uses the word psychosis?? Talk about hyperbolic.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/hp/content/shared-gen/ap/TV/People_William_Shatner.html
LOS ANGELES — William Shatner is setting his phaser to stun against his old "Star Trek" co-star George Takei.

In a video posted on Shatner's Web site Wednesday, he lashed out at Takei for not inviting him to his wedding last month. The 77-year-old Shatner said Takei, who played Enterprise helmsman Sulu, apparently harbors a grudge against him that kept him from being invited to Takei's nuptials.

(enlarge photo)In this June 17, 2008 file photo, actor George Takei, is shown as he gets his marriage certificate permit in West Hollywood, Calif. (AP Photo/Hector Mata, File)
"The whole thing makes me feel badly," Shatner said in the video. "Poor man. There is such a sickness there. It's so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea."

Takei and Brad Altman tied the knot Sept. 14. "Star Trek" alums Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig — who played Uhura and Chekhov, respectively — were among the attendees at the multicultural ceremony at the Japanese American National Museum. Takei and Altman had previously stated that Shatner, who played Capt. James T. Kirk, was invited to their wedding, but he never RSVPed.

"It is unfortunate that Bill was unable to join us for our wedding as he indeed was invited to attend," Takei responded. "It is our hope that at this point he joins us in voting no on Proposition 8, which seeks to eliminate the fundamental right for same-sex couples to marry in California."

Shatner said he felt he never knew Takei when they worked together on the original TV series and later in the "Star Trek" films.

The "Boston Legal" co-star also attacked Takei's decision to come out of the closet later in life, saying, "Who cares? Be gay. Don't be gay. That's up to you, George."

injest

that is sad. It really sounds to me that Shatner is very hurt. Or maybe he is just acting hurt...

but it is weird..

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
I smell publicity stunt for his new YouTube self-help channel. 

Takei responds (sorry for the autoplay - I can't find an option to turn it off with their video player.  You can hit the pause button to stop it):

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming