Author Topic: Is this where Heath got his Ennis from ??  (Read 2258 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Is this where Heath got his Ennis from ??
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:29:32 pm »
I was talking to my teenage son this morning, never a good idea before about 2.00pm. I wasn't really paying much attention and neither was he, but all of a sudden his whole demeanour and tone of voice, monosyllabic replies and no eye contact, just so reminded me of Ennis.
I was like Jack, chattering away, and my son was Ennis, grunts, lips barely parted,eyes down.It was, all joking aside kind of eerie.
I know Heath with is roles, always played around with lots of different things, voices, mannerisms etc.
I wonder if his Ennis was part based on a teenagers interaction with their parents and the world at large.
My son is pretty normal ,now that we have his meds right and I can see so much of Ennis in him, the closed in emotions around people he really cares about, but also the sudden bursts of explosive temper,  around people he loves.
It seems to be the way for a lot of male teenagers, not just gay ones.They have all these emotions that they cannot understand or articulate, which results in the monosyllabic grunts and sudden explosive burst of anger.Not to mention raging testosterone.
When we first see Ennis despite appearing older, he is still a teenager.
It is only conjecture on my part, but my son did make the hairs on my neck stand up, when he reminded me so much of Ennis.Also just like Ennis, to get a smile from him is a rare and wonderful thing.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Is this where Heath got his Ennis from ??
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:59:06 pm »
You know that's very interesting. I would think that the mannerisms of Ennis are sorta based on teenagers' interaction with their parents. And believe or not, my brother acts that way with my father. So, it's possible.