Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 325992 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #290 on: September 06, 2008, 02:18:03 pm »

WOW!!

Thanks for the immense pic fest, Love.  Anne looks great in everything, but I think her best color is red!  8)

Lureen, we hardly knew ye.... ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #291 on: September 06, 2008, 03:03:45 pm »

I'll echo Meryl here and say Wow indeed!! 

LOL, when I went to bed last night this thread was only about 5 pages long!  This is so great!  Thanks for all these contributions Love!
:)

I think it's a great idea to draw attention in special threads to all the great actors and actresses in BBM, in addition to Heath and Jake.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #292 on: September 06, 2008, 04:12:22 pm »
Sometimes I miss you so much,I can hardly stand it

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #293 on: September 06, 2008, 04:15:10 pm »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #294 on: September 06, 2008, 04:15:57 pm »
Love, I'd love to know if you got interested in Anne via Brokeback or you got interetsed in Brokeback via Anne....

Tell us you story!

:-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #295 on: September 06, 2008, 04:37:07 pm »
I've got interested in Anne via Brokeback .I've absolutely loved the character passionate,strong and indipendent of LUREEN NEWSOME .Lureen can be a gorgeous elegant  woman and a very strong,fast cowgirl like a man and very good at work like a businessman at the same time.She has no fears..she's a lovely mother and a sweet wife.She has never obstaculated his husband and she has tried to stay in peace with all family.In the 1960' she has portrayed an emancipated figure of the Woman..all that a woman dream really to be I've discovered Anne in Brokeback mountain and whatever role could play in her future,everybody will remeber her one day as the great Lureen Newsome.Anne parsonify the red perfume Magnifique and Luree also is red passionate.I've read interviews of Anne and she said about her brave personality etcc. and I've realized once again that Anne IS Lureen.  ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #296 on: September 06, 2008, 06:07:35 pm »
I've got interested in Anne via Brokeback .I've absolutely loved the character passionate,strong and indipendent of LUREEN NEWSOME .Lureen can be a gorgeous elegant  woman and a very strong,fast cowgirl like a man and very good at work like a businessman at the same time.She has no fears..she's a lovely mother and a sweet wife.She has never obstaculated his husband and she has tried to stay in peace with all family.In the 1960' she has portrayed an emancipated figure of the Woman..all that a woman dream really to be I've discovered Anne in Brokeback mountain and whatever role could play in her future,everybody will remeber her one day as the great Lureen Newsome.Anne parsonify the red perfume Magnifique and Luree also is red passionate.I've read interviews of Anne and she said about her brave personality etcc. and I've realized once again that Anne IS Lureen.  ;)

Thanks Love!  I really, really like Lureen too.  I think she can be a really interesting complex character to think about and discuss.  I think her decisions in what she tells and encourages Ennis about on the phone are truly fascinating and reveal an impressive level of generosity in her character, even given all the heartache and bitterness that have crept into her life by that stage. 

There are some good threads in Open Forum about Lureen, but I think there is certainly room for more over there.  For one, I recommend the old thread called "Female Sexuality in BBM" includes some pretty interesting discussions about all the women in the movie with some interesting observations about Lureen. http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8654.0.html

Anyway, Lureen is suce a good role for Anne too, because it shows just how serious of an actress she can be.  I'm really excited about Rachel Getting Married.  It looks very interesting.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #297 on: September 06, 2008, 08:04:58 pm »
Mille grazie, Love!!  Wow, what a lovely tribute to our Anne.  So many hours of work for you!

Speaking of Anne and the color red, I have Lureen's red cowgirl hat from the film, a prized possession.

By the way, I think your myspace is brilliant. 

Paul

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #298 on: September 06, 2008, 08:44:14 pm »

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain