Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 325913 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #640 on: July 21, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »
Anne is absolutely wonderful in the The Dark Knight Rises.  She was the perfect choice.  Nolan is great at casting.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=JKf2z5TEGqw[/youtube]

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #641 on: July 30, 2012, 12:01:29 pm »

Hathaway traumatised by haircut

Monday, 30 July 2012

Anne Hathaway has revealed that she was "terrified" to cut her hair off for Les Miserables.

The Dark Knight Rises star, who portrays Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's third and final instalment of the Batman trilogy, had to go for the chop for her role as Fantine in Tom Hooper's forthcoming big-screen adaptation.

"It was terrifying. I didn't expect it because in this film [The Dark Knight Rises], I do backflips out of windows, I jump off of buildings, I do all sorts of scary things but nothing was as scary as cutting my hair off," she said.

Anne, 29, admitted that her emotions took her by surprise.

"I was really surprised by that. I don't know why - it was a big dramatic change that could have gone very, very badly," she explained.

"I didn't realise how much my identity was tied to hair. But it was good to take that up."

Anne stars alongside Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean and Russell Crowe as Inspector Javert in Les Miserables, which is scheduled for release in December.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/hathaway-traumatised-by-haircut-16191449.html#ixzz227ZabHDG
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #642 on: July 31, 2012, 03:42:55 pm »
Anne Hathaway Is Game For A ‘Catwoman’ Spinoff

The Dark Knight Rises is a summer blockbuster, and the movie centers around the characters of superhero Batman, and super-villian Bane.

However, many reviewers have been saying that actress Anne Hathaway steals every scene she is in as Catwoman.  Due to the amount of attention the character (and Anne's portrayal of her) has received, talk is beginning to circulate that a Catwoman movie is would be a hit, and Anne Hathaway would have to reprise her role from Dark Knight.

In 2004 a film titled Catwoman was released, with Halle Berry in the lead role, and it was panned by both critics and fans, and the film flopped at the box office.

When questioned on this development, Anne Hathaway replied:

“I think it would be lovely to see more of her but only if it’s with the right people. She lives in [Nolan’s Gotham City] and so it would have to be established by the people who have made this Gotham City. For me, at least.”

Anne Hathaway Is Game For A ‘Catwoman’ Spinoff

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #643 on: August 02, 2012, 11:45:02 am »

She is definitely a kickass Catwoman.  I think she is the best one yet.  I know she lost in a poll to Michelle Phiffer but,
I think Anne's was better..MO>

Beautiful mind

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #644 on: August 07, 2012, 01:59:17 pm »

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/obama-really-enjoyed-anne-hathaways-catwoman.html

President Obama
Really  Enjoyed
Anne Hathaway’s
Catwoman

By Amanda Dobbins
Today at 11:30 AM

"She's spectacular," he told the very fancy people assembled at a Hollywood fund-raiser co-hosted by Hathaway, Harvey Weinstein, Aaron Sorkin, and Anna Wintour. "I got a chance to see Batman,  and she was the best thing in it. That's just my personal opinion." He said a vaguely nice thing about Sorkin, too, but no Newsroom  endorsements, presumably because our president hates Coldplay.

Also posted in the Culture Tent thread, The Dark Knight Rises (July 20 2012):
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,49902.msg636491/topicseen.html#msg636491

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #645 on: September 26, 2012, 10:53:49 pm »

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/09/anne-hathaway-to-perform-cabaret-concert-in-new-york-city.html

Anne Hathaway
to perform Cabaret  concert
in New York City

By Jen Harper    
September 26, 2012 8:31 PM ET

You don't have to wait until "Les Misérables" hits theaters in December to see Oscar-nominated actress Anne Hathaway sing her heart out. She'll be taking the stage on Oct. 24 to sing numbers from the Broadway musical "Cabaret" during a special event benefiting the Public Theater in New York.

During the one-night-only event at Joe's Pub at The Public, Hathaway will will host and perform songs like "Willkommen," "Cabaret," "Maybe This Time" and "Perfectly Marvelous."

She previously appeared in The Public's "Twelfth Night" in 2009 as part of "Shakespeare in the Park."

"I am delighted to reunite with The Public for this special night to celebrate the theater's rededication and support its mission to spread great theater to all the people of New York (tourists are welcome too)," Hathaway says in a press release.  

Tickets for the event go on sale Oct. 2 on the Public Theater's website.

Also posted in the Culture Tent thread, Anne Hathaway to perform 'Cabaret' concert in NYC at Joe's Pub one night Oct. 24:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,50171.msg638549/topicseen.html#msg638549

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #646 on: September 26, 2012, 11:28:39 pm »

PERFECTLY MARVELOUS:
The Songs of CABARET  with Anne Hathaway and Friends

Wednesday, October 24 at 7pm at Joe’s Pub at The Public

An evening to Celebrate and Support Revitalization of Public Theater’s Downtown Home at Astor Place

For one night only, Academy Award nominee Anne Hathaway will take to the stage at Joe's Pub for an intimate, unforgettable celebration of the score of Cabaret,  beloved as both a smash Broadway musical and Oscar-winning movie. Joined by special guests from stage and screen, Anne will host and perform a concert version of John Kander and Fred Ebb 's incredible songs, including "Willkommen," "Cabaret," "Maybe This Time," and of course, "Perfectly Marvelous." The evening will feature direction by Ted Sperling and musical direction by Mary-Mitchell Campbell. So come to the Cabaret !

PERFECTLY MARVELOUS  TICKET INFORMATION

Tickets are now on sale to Members!

Tickets: $300 ($100 for obstructed view seats.)
Dinner and drink service is included in the ticket price.

Members, please call your Member Hotline to purchase tickets.

CLICK HERE to become a Member online, or call our Box Office at 212-967-7555.
Member tickets can be booked by phone after you purchase your Membership.

Also posted in the Culture Tent thread, Anne Hathaway to perform 'Cabaret' concert in NYC at Joe's Pub one night Oct. 24:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,50171.msg638551/topicseen.html#msg638551

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
Congratulations, Anne Anne Anne! (She married Mr Shulman in Big Sur today!)
« Reply #647 on: September 30, 2012, 12:08:02 am »

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/anne-hathaway-adam-shulman-married-article-1.1171324#commentpostform

Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman get married
More than 100 guests reportedly attend wedding in Big Sur on the California coast.
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 11:51 PM
Updated: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 12:14 AM

Call her Anne enchanted. Or, as Anne Hathaway may now prefer to be known, Mrs. Shulman.

The actress, 29, tied the knot with Adam Shulman, 31, on Saturday night in Big Sur on the California coast, according to People  magazine.

More than 100 guests attended the couple’s wedding weekend, including a rehearsal dinner Friday at the Ventana Inn and Spa, the magazine reported Saturday online. The ceremony took place on a private estate.

The gown was custom Valentino, People says the designer confirmed.

The bride and groom opted for a nature motif, with Big Sur as a breathtaking backdrop, a source told the magazine.

Hathaway, star of “Ella Enchanted,” “The Princess Diaries” and “Les Miserables” and her actor/jewelry designer beau became engaged last November after dating for four years.

"I am very much in love with him, (only) Adam totally ruined my plan," Hathaway said last year of their relationship. "I was really actually looking forward to a little alone time, and then I fell in love like a fool!"

Hathaway told USA Today  that she and Shulman maintain a low-key lifestyle.

"We have house parties and dinner parties and just hang out," Hathaway said to the paper last year. "I'm so delighted by (Adam). He's all the things you want a partner to be. I so find joy in his presence."

"Camping Out"

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #648 on: September 30, 2012, 07:30:44 am »
GORGEOUS gown.  She looks like the princess that she is.

Hard to believe she's only 29.  We've been watching her for sooo long.

Thanks for sharing, John.  I hadn't read this in the headlines so far this morning.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
Re: Congratulations, Anne Anne Anne! (She married Mr Shulman in Big Sur today!)
« Reply #649 on: September 30, 2012, 08:11:25 am »

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/anne-hathaway-adam-shulman-married-article-1.1171324#commentpostform

Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman get married
More than 100 guests reportedly attend wedding in Big Sur on the California coast.
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 11:51 PM
Updated: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 12:14 AM

Call her Anne enchanted. Or, as Anne Hathaway may now prefer to be known, Mrs. Shulman.

The actress, 29, tied the knot with Adam Shulman, 31, on Saturday night in Big Sur on the California coast, according to People  magazine.

More than 100 guests attended the couple’s wedding weekend, including a rehearsal dinner Friday at the Ventana Inn and Spa, the magazine reported Saturday online. The ceremony took place on a private estate.

The gown was custom Valentino, People says the designer confirmed.

The bride and groom opted for a nature motif, with Big Sur as a breathtaking backdrop, a source told the magazine.

Hathaway, star of “Ella Enchanted,” “The Princess Diaries” and “Les Miserables” and her actor/jewelry designer beau became engaged last November after dating for four years.

"I am very much in love with him, (only) Adam totally ruined my plan," Hathaway said last year of their relationship. "I was really actually looking forward to a little alone time, and then I fell in love like a fool!"

Hathaway told USA Today  that she and Shulman maintain a low-key lifestyle.

"We have house parties and dinner parties and just hang out," Hathaway said to the paper last year. "I'm so delighted by (Adam). He's all the things you want a partner to be. I so find joy in his presence."

I am so happy for her...Mr Shulman seems to be very nice person.