Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 325933 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #680 on: November 07, 2014, 10:33:21 am »
Yeah, Anne was in the crosshairs for a while, even had her own named group of haters, the "Hathahaters".

That actually doesn't surprise me. I of course love Anne as Lureen, like her in most roles, and think she seems like a nice and well-meaning person. But there is something about her -- something of the trying-too-hard/good girl/theater kid/always performing -- that I find slightly irksome.

I was just surprised that she's now seen as *more* likeable than people like George Clooney, Chris Pratt, Seth Rogen, Justin Timberlake, Cameron Diaz, etc. But then, that list seems seriously questionable -- how did Adam Sandler rank that high?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #681 on: November 07, 2014, 05:42:12 pm »
I know what you mean, I can't stand Adam Sandler!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #682 on: November 12, 2014, 01:53:38 pm »
 ;D  Anne Hathaway is 32 years old today.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #683 on: November 13, 2014, 08:52:10 am »
Happy Birthday Anne!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #684 on: December 08, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »
Anybody see Anne in "Interstellar?"  I really liked that movie.  I saw it in the IMAX near Lincoln Center, which they say is the biggest screen in the U.S.  The shots of the spaceships next to the Earth and Saturn were beautiful.  The story is not the easiest to follow, but Christopher Nolan is never satisfied with a simple tale, bless him, and on top of being complex, it was very moving.  Anne aced it, and so did Matthew McConnaughey.  The little girl who played his daughter was super, and there's a scene at the end with Ellen Burstyn that's great.

Reading the end credits, I saw that there was an Alberta location unit.  Made me feel all Brokieish again, knowing Anne was out there on the grieving plain.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #685 on: December 09, 2014, 05:59:02 pm »
Anybody see Anne in "Interstellar?"  I really liked that movie.  I saw it in the IMAX near Lincoln Center, which they say is the biggest screen in the U.S.  The shots of the spaceships next to the Earth and Saturn were beautiful.  The story is not the easiest to follow, but Christopher Nolan is never satisfied with a simple tale, bless him, and on top of being complex, it was very moving.  Anne aced it, and so did Matthew McConnaughey.  The little girl who played his daughter was super, and there's a scene at the end with Ellen Burstyn that's great.

Reading the end credits, I saw that there was an Alberta location unit.  Made me feel all Brokieish again, knowing Anne was out there on the grieving plain.

Wonder if Anne thought about it too.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Anne Anne Anne! will star in a limited TV series titled The Ambassador's Wife
« Reply #686 on: August 19, 2015, 08:31:15 pm »
http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/anne-hathaway-to-do-tv.html

THE INDUSTRY
Anne Hathaway
to Star in TV Series

Arguably Becoming the Largest
Current Movie-Star Ever to Do TV

By E. Alex Jung Follow @e_alexjung
August 18, 2015 3:48 p.m.

Is it too soon to be on #EGOT watch?
Photo: Rob Kim/Getty Images

Television is all grown up! Like Matthew McConaughey and Scarlett Johansson before her, Anne Hathaway will star in a limited TV series titled The Ambassador's Wife, based on the novel of the same name published less than a month ago. The Mark Gordon Company, which currently produces such shows as Ray Donovan and Grey's Anatomy, will finance and produce the adaptation of Jennifer Steil's book, which tells the story of a woman named Miranda, the wife of a diplomat, who's kidnapped in a fictional Middle Eastern country called Mazrooq. There's no network attached yet, but you best believe broadcasters will be clamoring for a TV series starring an Oscar winner at the height of her powers. If you think this will move her one step closer to her eventual EGOT, you're wrong! She already has an Emmy for a Simpsons voice-over performance, but she can always starting thinking about a double EGOT.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #687 on: August 20, 2015, 12:11:54 am »
"Largest" is a weird word for Vulture to use. "Anne Hathaway is a large movie star!"

Anyway, I'm not sure I'd necessarily call her that much larger than Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Collin Farrell, Toni Collette, Kevin Spacey, Laura Linney, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Jeff Daniels, Michael Sheen ... But they did say "arguably."

In any case, congratulations to Anne! However large she is compared to the others, she's great, and TV is where it's happening these days.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #688 on: August 20, 2015, 01:38:37 pm »
I had to look up what an EGOT is. It stands for Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony. The list of those who have won is impressive. Congrats, Anne!

http://news.moviefone.com/2015/02/17/stars-close-to-egot/
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #689 on: August 21, 2015, 08:27:28 am »
EGOT, I hadn't heard of that either.