Author Topic: I'm freakin' out here  (Read 12749 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: I'm freakin' out here
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 11:15:26 pm »
And my tuxedo cat Oreo has fallen in love with an old dish rag. He's been carrying it around with him for months and I have no idea why he's doing it. He has plenty of toys too, and he plays with them, but he INSISTS on packing that rag with him everywhere he goes.  ???

David, have you read the performance thread?  Where Jack's tube of lube fell in love with the green warshrag, and sang this song?

Sometimes it's hard to be a butt cream
Giving all your lotion to just one rag
You'll have bad times, and he'll have good times
With JAMMY PANTS in the laundry bag

But if you love him please forgive him
Even though he makes you wanna nag
And if you love him, whoa be proud of him
Cause after all he's just a rag

Stand by your rag
Give him two loops to cling to
And wefts so warm to come to
When laundromats are cold and lonely

Stand by your rag
And show Brokenarse you love him
Keep following the care instructions on his tag
Staaaaand byyyyyyyyy your raaaaaaaag!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 11:16:55 pm »
Fiona and Sue, you should float a cheerio in the toilet and tell them to try and pee through it. I never could understand why some men have problems hitting the toilet bowl when they pee. And often times they don't want to put the seat up either, or they leave the seat up and forget to put it back down, inevitably causing the next person to fall in if they don't look before sitting.

SPLASH!! :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 11:22:18 pm »
David, have you read the performance thread?  Where Jack's tube of lube fell in love with the green warshrag, and sang this song?

Sometimes it's hard to be a butt cream
Giving all your lotion to just one rag
You'll have bad times, and he'll have good times
With JAMMY PANTS in the laundry bag

But if you love him please forgive him
Even though he makes you wanna nag
And if you love him, whoa be proud of him
Cause after all he's just a rag

Stand by your rag
Give him two loops to cling to
And wefts so warm to come to
When laundromats are cold and lonely

Stand by your rag
And show Brokenarse you love him
Keep following the care instructions on his tag
Staaaaand byyyyyyyyy your raaaaaaaag!

That is cute Laura! I don't think I read that, but I remember hearing something about the butt cream! lol

My cat Vivien has a "security blanket" or "wobbie" type toy too.  In her case, it's a green feather on a long stick... it's a tickling toy designed for cats.  My parents gave it to her as a gift the very first time they met her when she was a 2 month old kitten.  And immediately... and I really mean immediately, she picked up the toy from the feather part and carried/ dragged it around the apartment with her.  It was soooooooooo cute because the toy was so much bigger than she was.  And, now that she's 3 years old, she still drags the same toy around with her all the time.  She hates it when people mess with it and has no interest in me "dangling" it or playing with it for her in the manner it was intended.  She also likes to sleep with it.  The green feather part is disgusting and matted from all the times she's carried it around in her mouth.  But, she loves it even in it's current, sort of sad condition.

I bought her two other identical green feather toys on sticks and she has no interest in them.  Some how that first one she got as the present from my parents has the magic touch for her.

As far as Vivien turning things on and off... she definitely knows how to flush the toilet.  She goes through phases where she finds that fun.  And, she also knows how to turn the light on and off in my kitchen.  The light switch is right above the counter, so all she needs to do is sit on the counter and it's easy for her to reach the switch.  It's really funny and surprising when she gets into a mood to play with the light because she rarely does it and it can be quite a shock at first to see the light flickering on and off rapidly (she likes to flick it on and off repeatedly when she's in the mood to mess with the light).

Lately, her bad-cat habit has been opening cabinet doors and climbing in.  She seems to be able to push her way out of the cabinet doors with no problem... but this new habit really worries me.  I would really hate to think of her getting stuck in a cabinet when I'm at work or something.  I'm seriously thinking about child proofing some of my cabinets.

Maybe I should get one of those toys for Oreo, and he'd forget about the dishrag. But probably not. I'd really like to get it away from him and launder it, but he doesn't like it if I try to mess with it. He'll growl or hiss at me. I think he believes it's his baby. I really don't know WHAT is going on in his little kitty mind.

But he's attached to it, that's for sure!

It's kind of embarrassing when people come over and see him walking across the room with that nasty rag in his mouth. The first thing they'll ask is "Don't you buy your cat any toys?" and then I'll haul out the box FULL of cat toys. Like I said, he plays with those too, but he LOVES that nasty old dishrag for some reason! :laugh: ::) :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 11:16:22 am »
He comes to our place sometimes when the grandkids are here, when I ask "who left that torch on and flattened the battery".......they shrug and say  "not me"........so I know from experience, that there is such a thing as the phantom torch turner onner..... ::) ::)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 07:37:14 pm »
I think I need to borrow Cody and Vivien,flushing toilets and putting toys away, that's more than I can get my kids to do.
 We have the magic cleany uppy fairy in our house.She's an absoloute gem, she can  pick up the clothes and get them washed, while mopping the floor with a broom up her rear, and cook a delicious meal for 5.Only one problem, she does seem to be running up one hell of a phone bill.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 05:20:27 am »
I think I need to borrow Cody and Vivien,flushing toilets and putting toys away, that's more than I can get my kids to do.
 We have the magic cleany uppy fairy in our house.She's an absoloute gem, she can  pick up the clothes and get them washed, while mopping the floor with a broom up her rear, and cook a delicious meal for 5.Only one problem, she does seem to be running up one hell of a phone bill.

Yeah know that fairy well........shes the one who picks up after that other dam naughty fairy, who drops the wet towels on the floor, and cant change a toilet roll....

And Fiona, just wanted to let you know.....we own a pet shop, and I worked in there today, and I told your story about what your cats do to a couple of our customers, and they were quite amazed....So if your ears were burnin, it was because someone was talking about you in Australia...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 10:18:45 am »
We have the magic cleany uppy fairy in our house.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 10:31:28 am »

O.K where does he live and how much is his hourly rate.I want him, in fact he does not even have to clean up, I don't even mind if he leaves the toilet seet up.I'LL clean up after him!!!!!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 10:37:19 am »
 :P   Yeah, damn!   (As long as he 'works' for the ladies too!)    ;)

Offline optom3

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 10:37:31 am »
Yeah know that fairy well........shes the one who picks up after that other dam naughty fairy, who drops the wet towels on the floor, and cant change a toilet roll....

And Fiona, just wanted to let you know.....we own a pet shop, and I worked in there today, and I told your story about what your cats do to a couple of our customers, and they were quite amazed....So if your ears were burnin, it was because someone was talking about you in Australia...

So that's waht it was.I just thought it was the bank manager, before he left a less than cordial message on my answerphone.Something about unauthoried and ovwedraft.I get the feeling I am not top of his hit parade at the moment. Some people, how rude and now he expects me to ring him back!!!! Not without several vodkas,and a large dose of Valium.