Author Topic: The "Gay Agenda"  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
The "Gay Agenda"
« on: August 23, 2008, 11:29:23 am »
Not so much recently, but over the past few years there has been all this talk about a "Gay Agenda", coming primarily from the right. There has been numerous claims that gays are out to change everything and counter claims that gays are not organized enough to put an agenda together.

It got me to wondering, if there actually was one, what would be in it? I'd like to ask you all, regardless of your orientation, what do you think a "Gay Agenda" should include? I'll start the ball rolling:

1. In schools, when it comes time to choose up teams at recess, the choice will be done in such a way that no one feels deliberately left for last. The instructor shall divide the class up what ever way seems fair and level, but under no circumstances should team captains be allowed to whittle down a group until the chubby and awkward are left for last.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

Re: The "Gay Agenda"
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:41:51 am »
Not so much recently, but over the past few years there has been all this talk about a "Gay Agenda", coming primarily from the right. There has been numerous claims that gays are out to change everything and counter claims that gays are not organized enough to put an agenda together.

It got me to wondering, if there actually was one, what would be in it? I'd like to ask you all, regardless of your orientation, what do you think a "Gay Agenda" should include? I'll start the ball rolling:

1. In schools, when it comes time to choose up teams at recess, the choice will be done in such a way that no one feels deliberately left for last. The instructor shall divide the class up what ever way seems fair and level, but under no circumstances should team captains be allowed to whittle down a group until the chubby and awkward are left for last.

I would go for that, DEFINITELY....

injest

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:45:06 am »
2) Sex ed would either be strictly biological or include everyone. If you are going to discuss straight relationships, you must include homosexual relationships.

3) If a couple live together and choose to combine assets, other relatives can't come in at the death or incapacity of one or the other and take all the assest.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:42:45 pm »
Truman,

There is a Gay Agenda. Didn't you get your copy in the mail??

:laugh:

But seriously, what some of us call the Gay Party is most definitely a force for change in this country. Some of I like, some of it makes me squick. But its happening all the same. The same-sex marriage movement is a big part of it. As is the push for tougher hate-crime legislation to "protect" gays. If you surf around the GLAAD website, you will get pretty much the agenda laid out for you. I mean look at the media resources to see how GLAAD wants gays to look on TV and the movies. And then there is the part of the rule book about what words can and cannot be used around us. It is a bit daunting.

Now if I was going to take out my tool kit and "fix" the Gay Agenda, I would turn back the clock and take a different approach to the same-sex marriage issue. The powers that be have made it all about love, and the idea that we're just as good as "them." That was 2 mistakes. I would have made it all about civil rights and legal parity. I also think it is a mistake to continually beat back at the opponents with the message that they are haters. OK...they are, but there's got to be a better way to engage them in debate. I know that religion plays a big part in that debate, and I see very little of anyone having a conversation on that level. And its not for lack of a grounded counter-argument either. There are several theologians out there who have delved into the scriptures and come out with ideas that support homosexuality. I think that the Gay Party is simply not comfortable with religion at all, and they are not all that accustomed to having theological conversations. Add to that a general air of elitism when it comes to how gays view religion, and you end up with hard-headed gays talking back at hard-headed Christians. Nobody can win that one.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.