Author Topic: Sarah Palin- John McCain's Pick For VP - Is Homophobic  (Read 35287 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Sarah Palin- John McCain's Pick For VP - Is Homophobic
« on: August 31, 2008, 02:16:29 am »
Let's all vote for John McCain and Sarah Palin this coming November and turn the clock back a few years, shall we? After all she's homophobic and she kills innocent animals.

Come on! Let's vote Republican this November and give the homophobes and the rest of the world a good laugh.

http://www.examiner.com/x-391-Denver-Gay-Examiner~y2008m8d29-Gov-Sarah-Palin-Pretty-and-pretty-antigay--a-winning-combination-for-McCain

Because gay people deserve it, don't we?  ;)  ::)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: Sarah Palin- John McCain's Pick For VP - Is Homophobic
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 02:32:44 am »
oh David... :( :( :(

please dont do this to yourself.

{{{David}}}}

dont' let that stuff hurt you like this. Everything will work out. It will.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 02:36:36 am »
To paraphrase a line from one of my favorite movies....

"Because queers don't matter. Queer's don't love. And those that do DESERVE WHAT THEY GET!!"

injest

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 02:39:15 am »

"Because queers don't matter. Queer's don't love. And those that do DESERVE WHAT THE GET!!"

David, I love you....I think you need to get some sleep and things will look better in the morning...

is Jan and Cory over tonight?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:40:03 am »
oh David... :( :( :(

please dont do this to yourself.

{{{David}}}}

dont' let that stuff hurt you like this. Everything will work out. It will.

Do you really think so Jess? I wonder?

Lord knows I'm not mad at you. :-*

But I'm really scared what will happen this coming November. Not just about gay people. But the rest of the world too. I care too much to vote for someone who jokes about "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran". I suppose I posted this to appeal to folks like you. Maybe you'll be infuenced by it. And then again, maybe not.

I don't really know. :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 02:41:43 am »
David, I love you....I think you need to get some sleep and things will look better in the morning...

is Jan and Cory over tonight?

Jan is here...asleep with his head on my knee! :laugh:  Cory is at work but he should be home soon.

injest

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 02:48:10 am »
Do you really think so Jess? I wonder?

Lord knows I'm not mad at you. :-*

But I'm really scared what will happen this coming November. Not just about gay people. But the rest of the world too. I care too much to vote for someone who jokes about "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran". I suppose I posted this to appeal to folks like you. Maybe you'll be infuenced by it. And then again, maybe not.

I don't really know. :(

do you think I dont' care? Do you think I want something bad to happen? we all just do the best we can. If we were at peace and had good standing in the world, I would vote for Obama...

but we aren't. and I dont' know how he will act if Putin decides to invade Poland. McCain has worked with the Democrats....he isn't someone that is caught up in "I am a Republican!! and we are always right!" I trust him to be able to stand up to Putin or Iran...

too bad we can't have TWO presidents...one for domestic affairs and one for foreign....

injest

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 02:49:30 am »
Jan is here...asleep with his head on my knee! :laugh:  Cory is at work but he should be home soon.

Jan is sweet....and I know Cory takes good care of you so that is good.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 03:35:48 am »
Let's think about this for a minute and the ramifications thereof:

Not Iran nor Syria nor Iraq nor North Korea, but perhaps America doing this around the world...

And let's not forget these shocking scenes as well....

Charming isn't it?

All Hail to the GOP!! ::) >:(  >:(

JudgeHolden

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 04:18:46 am »
Scratching my head...what does Gov. Palin got to do with Fred Phelps Church (of Kansas, not Alaska, BTW).

Or a series of photos of mushroom clouds. That middle one looks like the University of Texas Longhorns logo was photoshopped in there (by a disgruntled A'n'M fan).

So the lady goes moose hunting and has a huge snow crab on her coffee table.  Brace yourselves for this, but there are a few gay men around here who have been known to 1) go hunting 2)eat crab and 3).....hold NRA memeberships. If anything, she seems a lot more feminist than Michelle Obama, who when you get down to it, more or less gave up her career an s stay home with the kiddies while her husband pursued his dream (and so she gave up hers, whatever that might of been, though I doubt it was to be First Lady).

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 04:22:47 am »
Scratching my head...what does Gov. Palin got to do with Fred Phelps Church (of Kansas, not Alaska, BTW).

Or a series of photos of mushroom clouds. That middle one looks like the University of Texas Longhorns logo was photoshopped in there (by a disgruntled A'n'M fan).

So the lady goes moose hunting and has a huge snow crab on her coffee table.  Brace yourselves for this, but there are a few gay men around here who have been known to 1) go hunting 2)eat crab and 3).....hold NRA memeberships. If anything, she seems a lot more feminist than Michelle Obama, who when you get down to it, more or less gave up her career an s stay home with the kiddies while her husband pursued his dream (and so she gave up hers, whatever that might of been, though I doubt it was to be First Lady).

If you don't like what I say then you need not enter my private blog anymore.

Thank you for visiting but I have every right to express my opinions within my own private blog. Sarah Palin is homophobic. So is the Westboro Baptist Church. Connect the dots for yourself.  ::)

And she murders innocent animals.  >:(  >:(

injest

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 02:10:55 pm »
but what about the GOOD things that have happened in this country lately, David?

Can we agree that George Bush is pretty durn bad? and the Congress has BEEN Republican...BUT! California has gay marriage. In Texas a gay man was murdered and the townspeople rallied around his partner. Everywhere you look people are waking up, that won't stop. More and more companies are offering domestic partnerships to their employees.

That has happened while Bush was in office with a Republican Congress. McCain is not Bush, he has shown he will go against his own party to work with Democrats.

Democrats have control of Congress and it is projected they will have a non filibusterable majority....THEY pass the laws...all McCain can do is veto them. and if they are really important bills the Congress can pass them WITHOUT his signature.

Congress approves judges....so even if he DOES offer an extreme judge for the Supreme Court, Congress can block him.

Please don't believe the hype about us being a mean horrible country. We have problems but the best thing about us is we ARE working on them!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 08:32:18 pm »
oh come on, do we really need to go down this road?

injest

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 09:14:13 pm »

I respect Davids view on hunting, although my own family hunts. He stands up for his principle there in the face of some pretty stiff opposition in real life. So I support his opposition to Sarah on that point. I appreciate that he has concrete and clear reasons (not ginned up 'issues') to oppose her.

that is to be respected.

He is also gracious enough to accept my friendship although we are at odds on this issue. We agree to disagree. I just don't like to see him so upset.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 09:34:28 pm »
I respect Davids view on hunting, although my own family hunts. He stands up for his principle there in the face of some pretty stiff opposition in real life. So I support his opposition to Sarah on that point. I appreciate that he has concrete and clear reasons (not ginned up 'issues') to oppose her.

that is to be respected.

He is also gracious enough to accept my friendship although we are at odds on this issue. We agree to disagree. I just don't like to see him so upset.

I WUV MY JESS!! :-* :-*

{{{JESS}}}

It IS possible to disagree and still be friends and care about each other. :)

injest

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 09:54:26 pm »

I WUV MY JESS!! :-* :-*

{{{JESS}}}

It IS possible to disagree and still be friends and care about each other. :)

yes it is. I am trying to limit my interactions in the political forum some because I don't like how I feel when I am in there. I get too caught up and say things in black and white that actually are very grey.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 01:18:03 am »
yes it is. I am trying to limit my interactions in the political forum some because I don't like how I feel when I am in there. I get too caught up and say things in black and white that actually are very grey.

One thing you must understand. My family is extremely conservative. Typical Midwestern mentality. My Dad is conservative. My sister is conservative. Her two children (now grown) are conservative. My brother-in-law is conservative. My aunts, uncles and cousins are conservative. My Mother and I were the two liberals in the family, and Mom is now dead and gone.

My family is also either indifferent or against gay rights. You'd think they would be a little more open minded about it since they have a gay person in their family. But no. Many in my family are adamantly against it. Not just gay marriage, but gay rights in general.

I don't know. I suppose this is one of the reasons I get so up and arms about this sometimes. And I can't bear the thought of this country reversing what little progress has been made over the years.

injest

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 01:19:35 am »
I think I understand...and we won't LET them turn back the clock! remember CONGRESS makes the laws. and state governments....

injest

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 01:23:38 am »
My family isnt' political at all. They just don't talk about anything. But they are strongly religious (when it suits them and they can beat someone over the head with it) so I do understand being different from the rest of the family. Kinda leaves you feeling lost and drifting...

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 01:28:43 am »
Wow, I gravitated towards this thread, as I was on your blog, and have to reply <sigh>

I'm actually thinking very positively about this VP choice.  You see, imo, McCain has made a grave error, and he will pay for it.  He's just alienated so many women, minorities, gun haters, etc.

I think Pallin (sp?) is a great choice!  She's so unknown, inexperienced, anti-everything, even to the point of forcing women to go through pregnancies of incest and rape, so anti-science, et cetera, she's going to turn off many, many people.  Just because she's a woman doesn't mean all of us women will vote for this "beauty queen"!  ACK.

Btw, I have to also add, I'm from a farm/ranch family, and we do hunt, but for use of meat, and I have very strong ideas about what kinds of guns should be allowed in this country.

Vi

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 01:39:46 am »
Wow, I gravitated towards this thread, as I was on your blog, and have to reply <sigh>

I'm actually thinking very positively about this VP choice.  You see, imo, McCain has made a grave error, and he will pay for it.  He's just alienated so many women, minorities, gun haters, etc.

I think Pallin (sp?) is a great choice!  She's so unknown, inexperienced, anti-everything, even to the point of forcing women to go through pregnancies of incest and rape, so anti-science, et cetera, she's going to turn off many, many people.  Just because she's a woman doesn't mean all of us women will vote for this "beauty queen"!  ACK.

Btw, I have to also add, I'm from a farm/ranch family, and we do hunt, but for use of meat, and I have very strong ideas about what kinds of guns should be allowed in this country.

Vi

Well, it's just like I told Jess in a PM (she lives on a farm with animals they use for food), it's a little different if you hunt for survival, or kill animals on a farm because this is the way your lifestyle is set up. Could I do it? No. I highly doubt it. But I don't fault those who need to do it in order to live.

We have Kroger, Marsh and Meijer here thank God! :laugh:

I get very upset when people kill animals for trophies. Did you see that picture up there Viper? She has a bear skin on the back of her sofa! I find that extremely appalling. >:(

injest

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 01:42:47 am »
I also have a real problem with guns in this country. There is no need for people to have half the guns they have. I won't have a handgun on the place for example. We DO have shotguns and rifles though

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 01:47:03 am »
I also have a real problem with guns in this country. There is no need for people to have half the guns they have. I won't have a handgun on the place for example. We DO have shotguns and rifles though

I agree with you Jess. Hand guns are bad because they are easily consealed. Many of the gangs here in Indianapolis pack handguns. They hide them down their britches, inside coat pockets and God knows where else.

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 02:04:37 am »
Yes David, I did see that pic, and have seen others in my reading about this gal.
I'm NOT into trophy hunting.  That is WRONG.  My family is a true farm/ranch family of many generations.  We raise the stuff for supermarkets, but we also have hunted through the generations.  We put the meat to good use.....although I have to admit, I married a guy who's never shot anything in his life, and I don't actively hunt anymore.  We do fill our freezer w/ our own produce and meat every year about this time. 

I do believe in gun ownership for hunting purposes.  But the proliferation of high tech, over powered, semi-auto/automatic weapons these days scares the hell outta me. 

I'm also a pet lover.....rescuer.  2 big dogs atm, 4 cats who own the house, horses too!

lol.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 02:10:25 am »
Yes David, I did see that pic, and have seen others in my reading about this gal.
I'm NOT into trophy hunting.  That is WRONG.  My family is a true farm/ranch family of many generations.  We raise the stuff for supermarkets, but we also have hunted through the generations.  We put the meat to good use.....although I have to admit, I married a guy who's never shot anything in his life, and I don't actively hunt anymore.   We do fill our freezer w/ our own produce and meat every year about this time. 

I do believe in gun ownership for hunting purposes.  But the proliferation of high tech, over powered, semi-auto/automatic weapons these days scares the hell outta me. 

I'm also a pet lover.....rescuer.  2 big dogs atm, 4 cats who own the house, horses too!
lol.

So then it's people like you who feed ME!! :D

How can I find fault in that? Although (and please don't hit me upside the head) I buy soy whenever possible!  ;D

Now I KNOW we're gonna be really good friends! Good for you Viper! And thank you! :-*

injest

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 02:16:50 am »
*whispers to David*

tell her she mentioned her pets so now she has to post pics of them for us or we will cry like BABIES...

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 02:19:05 am »
*whispers to David*

tell her she mentioned her pets so now she has to post pics of them for us or we will cry like BABIES...

Pssstttt.....David, tell injest that I'm almost 50, and that tiny print will KILL my eyes!  lolol...

I have pics of them all.  I'll have to figure out how to do such here.   ;D

Edit to add:  Also WHERE to do it, on this humongous site!   ???

injest

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 02:20:38 am »

Pssstttt.....David, tell injest that I'm almost 50, and that tiny print will KILL my eyes!  lolol...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok then I will be looking forward to seeing them!

now I gotta go to bed or tomorrow I will be WORTHLESS...

good night kids!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 02:33:31 am »

Edit to add:  Also WHERE to do it, on this humongous site!   ???

:laugh: :laugh:

OMG I just saw that!! :laugh:

Jess is a trip! Okay, I'll tell her for you Viper! ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 02:35:59 am »
BTW Viper, here's what Jess whispered...

tell her she mentioned her pets so now she has to post pics of them for us or we will cry like BABIES.

Jess is a big animal lover too! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 02:37:41 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok then I will be looking forward to seeing them!

now I gotta go to bed or tomorrow I will be WORTHLESS...

good night kids!

Good night Jess! Sleep tight sweetie! :-*

And don't let that mean old hurricane Gustav torment you too much, you hear me?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 02:46:24 am »

Edit to add:  Also WHERE to do it, on this humongous site!   ???

Here's a good thread to post animal pictures...

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,11451.260.html

Or you can post them in my photography thread! :D

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16098.740.html

If you have any trouble uploading your animal pics, just let me or any moderator know!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 09:55:20 am »
Heya David,

I just discovered this thread.  And, I sympathize with your worry about Palin.  Most of what she stands for (as far as I know so far) really scares me too.

And, Viper, I really agree with this too.  As a Hillary supporter, I'm really offended by the McCain campaign's seeming idea that women will blindly turn to another woman candidate simply because she's female.  The fact that Hillary and Sarah hold such opposite opinions on nearly everything is just so worrisome.  And, I bet that Hillary is appalled that her name/ efforts in her own campaign could be twisted and used by the McCain campaign... but for diametrically opposite ideological concerns for which Hillary stands for.
:(

The nomination of Palin, I'm sure is firing up a lot of Democrats to become more adamant in their support of Obama.  That's what happened to me.  Ever since the end of the primary, I've been certain that I'd vote for Obama.  But, I was very passive in my support and not super enthusiastic about the election.  Now, I'm at a stage of concern where I'm seriously considering doing something to volunteer for the Obama campaign.  Palin scares me that much.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 10:01:21 pm »
Heya David,

I just discovered this thread.  And, I sympathize with your worry about Palin.  Most of what she stands for (as far as I know so far) really scares me too.

And, Viper, I really agree with this too.  As a Hillary supporter, I'm really offended by the McCain campaign's seeming idea that women will blindly turn to another woman candidate simply because she's female.  The fact that Hillary and Sarah hold such opposite opinions on nearly everything is just so worrisome.  And, I bet that Hillary is appalled that her name/ efforts in her own campaign could be twisted and used by the McCain campaign... but for diametrically opposite ideological concerns for which Hillary stands for.
:(

The nomination of Palin, I'm sure is firing up a lot of Democrats to become more adamant in their support of Obama.  That's what happened to me.  Ever since the end of the primary, I've been certain that I'd vote for Obama.  But, I was very passive in my support and not super enthusiastic about the election.  Now, I'm at a stage of concern where I'm seriously considering doing something to volunteer for the Obama campaign.  Palin scares me that much.

Good, get involved.

If for nothing else but the supreme court appointees, we can't afford the likes of McCain/Palin. 
Personally, I'd like to see this country move FORWARDS, not backwards, especially where personal rights are concerned.

jmo...

Vi

injest

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 10:14:26 pm »

Good, get involved.

If for nothing else but the supreme court appointees, we can't afford the likes of McCain/Palin. 
Personally, I'd like to see this country move FORWARDS, not backwards, especially where personal rights are concerned.

jmo...

Vi

you DO realize that Congress has to approve Supreme Court justices? and McCain has a reputation for being more than willing to work with the Democrats. I am not worried about the Supreme Court.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 10:31:17 pm »

Good, get involved.

jmo...

Vi

:)

I've started looking into it (trying to navigate the sea of Obama websites and to find out how things are organized here in Pittsburgh... being in PA we sure do get a lot of attention from both campaigns).  I think it would be fun to work for the Obama campaign somehow a little bit too.  I've never done anything like join a campaign officially before.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 12:27:51 am »
you DO realize that Congress has to approve Supreme Court justices? and McCain has a reputation for being more than willing to work with the Democrats. I am not worried about the Supreme Court.

Yes, we realize it Jess. But we also remember the Court justices appointed during President Bush's reign. It seems often times Congress is willing to side with the choice of the President rather than going through the whole rigamaroll of not approving him or her and then quarreling with the president about it. I think they figure it's just easier to go ahead and put them on through. They'd probably lose in the long run anyhow. :-\

It doesn't always turn out that way, but it seems to happen often enough.

injest

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 12:30:14 am »
they are saying this next Congress will be so Democrat that they will be filibuster proof. That is a good sign for getting legislation passed!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 01:41:20 pm »

"Because queers don't matter. Queer's don't love. And those that do DESERVE WHAT THEY GET!!"

That's the exact quote David, from Torch Song Trilogy.  That play/movie changed my life....
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 11:43:35 pm »

I'm glad you aren't worried .

I am.

Call me a crazy leftist (although I'm not really, in fact, quite conservative in some ways), but I've seen such things in elections the last decade I'd have sworn could never happen here, including fraud in our presidential elections, including a judgement from the supreme court, out of their jurisdiction
I'm a cynic I guess. 
I don't need more justices on the supreme court who erode our constitution, personal/civil liberties and rights. 

jmo.

;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 02:50:19 am »
I'm glad you aren't worried .

I am.

Call me a crazy leftist (although I'm not really, in fact, quite conservative in some ways), but I've seen such things in elections the last decade I'd have sworn could never happen here, including fraud in our presidential elections, including a judgement from the supreme court, out of their jurisdiction
I'm a cynic I guess. 
I don't need more justices on the supreme court who erode our constitution, personal/civil liberties and rights. 

jmo.

;)

I'm worried about it too Vi.  :-\

In other news....

September 5, 2008

Palin church promotes converting gays

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 8:41 p.m. ET

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a
conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the
power of prayer.

''You'll be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to
transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality,'' according to the
insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed
for about six years.

Palin's conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP
electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain's candidacy before he named
her as his vice presidential choice. She is staunchly anti-abortion,
opposing exceptions for rape and incest, and opposes gay marriage and
spousal rights for gay couples.

Focus on the Family, a national Christian fundamentalist organization, is
conducting the ''Love Won Out'' Conference in Anchorage, about 30 miles from
Wasilla.

Palin, campaigning with McCain in the Midwest on Friday, has not publicly
expressed a view on the so-called ''pray away the gay'' movement. Larry
Kroon, senior pastor at Palin's church, was not available to discuss the
matter Friday, said a church worker who declined to give her name.

Gay activists in Alaska said Palin has not worked actively against their
interests, but early in her administration she supported a bill to overrule
a court decision to block state benefits for gay partners of public
employees. At the time, less than one-half of 1 percent of state employees
had applied for the benefits, which were ordered by a 2005 ruling by the
Alaska Supreme Court.

Palin reversed her position and vetoed the bill after the state attorney
general said it was unconstitutional. But her reluctant support didn't win
fans among Alaska's gay population, said Scott Turner, a gay activist in
Anchorage.

''Less than 1 percent of state employees would even apply for benefits, so
why make a big deal out of such a small number?'' he said.

''I think gay Republicans are going to run away'' if Palin supports efforts
like the prayers to convert gays, said Wayne Besen, founder of the New
York-based Truth Wins Out, a gay rights advocacy group. Besen called on
Palin to publicly express her views now that she's a vice presidential
nominee.

''People are looking at Sarah Palin as someone who might feasibly be in the
White House,'' he said.

http://www.petitiononline.com/palin/petition.html