Author Topic: OT: About 'Brangelina': Warning: NC-17 thread (I think)  (Read 15923 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: OT: About 'Brangelina': Warning: NC-17 thread (I think)
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 08:38:21 pm »
Actually, Will almost came into the world by C-section.  In a lot of ways, I wish he had (and not because of any impact on our sex life, thankyouverymuch - the doc helped out with that in her, uh, stitching technique).

Warning:  Possible TMI Ahead (as if that wasn't enough, already):

I mostly wish he had because the umbilical cord was compressed against him in the birth canal and he started losing oxygen rapidly - they were this || close to doing an emergency one on me.  If I could have foreseen that, I'd have opted for a planned one.  I still blame myself in a way for that bit of oxygen getting cut off to him and perhaps causing the developmental delays he's had his whole short life, not to mention the attention deficit problems (God, I so hate to say that term - I used to think it was overdiagnosed, but now I swear we're all seeing it in him) we're seeing now.

C-sections take longer to recover from, I hear.  But vaginal births ain't no walk in the park in that respect, either.  No one tells you that - it's just something some of us women, lucky us, get to experience.   :-\
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 08:40:32 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 08:45:34 pm »

C-sections take longer to recover from, I hear.  But vaginal births ain't no walk in the park in that respect, either.  No one tells you that - it's just something some of us women, lucky us, get to experience.   :-\

I had one of each and let me tell you, they both take a while to recover from...you are just recovering from different things! LOL

Each birth was absolutely transcendent, in its own way, and each was meant to be the way it was...

And neither one (ie, the birth procedure) was "planned" although both required medical intervention. IMO, there is a big difference....
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 09:01:59 pm »
Each birth was absolutely transcendent, in its own way, and each was meant to be the way it was...

I hear you there, soul sistah.  I shouldn't fault myself - I did the best I could.  And look at the reward - I have a *beautiful* son.  He is just what he was meant to be.  And then some.  :)
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 09:16:51 pm »
I hear you there, soul sistah.  I shouldn't fault myself - I did the best I could.  And look at the reward - I have a *beautiful* son.  He is just what he was meant to be.  And then some.  :)

They all are perfect and all meant to be...even with the little uphill battles we all face...

That is why I actually don't envy alot of rich & famous people...having nannies and all that...part of having kids means being with your kids...
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 09:33:11 pm »
Butterfly continues: It's cut the pain right in two!

In my Lamaze calss (for my second child; in Chicago, they did the old fashioned way, and knocked me out withg a crowbar), everything was fine, except they forgot to mention one word:

PAIN...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 09:34:41 pm »
Butterfly continues: It's cut the pain right in two!

In my Lamaze calss (for my second child; in Chicago, they did the old fashioned way, and knocked me out withg a crowbar), everything was fine, except they forgot to mention one word:

PAIN...

Sorta like poor Ennis, waiting in the waiting room, doc comes out and says, "You have a baby girl..."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 09:47:47 pm by lnicoll »

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 09:45:16 pm »
 ::)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 09:55:30 pm »
::)

Mandy is like whatever with these "old" ladies talking about child birth :)

I did not have a c-section.  Glad that I did not need one.  I thank whoever invented Epidural.  It’s my advice for every first time mom.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 10:03:03 pm by JennyC »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 01:14:23 am »
The first few weeks of my daughter's life were so exhausting and overwhelming (AND transcendent, etc. of course), so exhausting, that I can't imagine what it would have been like to tackle it while recuperating from the most major body event most people ever go through.  My hat's off to you.

It's funny (not quite the right word), in those early months, I was kind of worried I would feel left out when attending new mom support groups, because we are an adoptive family.  Come to find that yes, I did not have anything to add to the discussions of all the physical miseries of swollen ankles, ripped labias, cracked and splitting nipples, etc.  Then gradually all the women healed, and I tend to feel one hundred per cent a mom, just like them.

And re herpes - it's very common, I think, now, not just among wild life style people.  Or formerly wild life style people. Dum dee dum.....[Ellemeno whistles an innocent little tune]   ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 04:53:08 am »
The first few weeks of my daughter's life were so exhausting and overwhelming (AND transcendent, etc. of course), so exhausting, that I can't imagine what it would have been like to tackle it while recuperating from the most major body event most people ever go through.  My hat's off to you.

Breastfeeding helps...alot. It gives you an excuse to plunk down every hour or two and do nothing but feed the baby. "Sorry, can't answer the phone, I'm feeding the baby." "Sorry, can't do whatever...I'm feeding the baby."

I loved breastfeeding, btw. Didn't want to quit--Lureen doesn't know what she missed!