Author Topic: Daily Life Pet Peeves  (Read 15053 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Daily Life Pet Peeves
« on: September 03, 2008, 11:07:28 pm »
Heya,

I've just returned this evening from a long trip to California and Chicago that involved lots of air travel, lots of driving and lots of eating at restaurants.  So, the urge to make this poll was at least somewhat inspired by recent experience.

Please select up to 5 options or add your own suggestions to this thread.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Daily Life Pet Peeves
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 11:23:58 pm »
I always attract the weirdo, who wants to have a conversation.Even as a kid on the bus home from school, they would always make a beeline for me.
So that was one I chose.

injest

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:41:28 pm »
Pdas...that covers so much....I love to see two people holding hands or a quick peck...but I have seen men laying over the back of their 'whatevers' like capes being dragged around....people making out with the guy with a leg up on a table and the girl between his legs...that stuff REALLY gets on my nerves...

funny thing it always happens in Walmart or Kmart...you never see anyone acting like that in Dillards!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 11:26:22 am »
Heya,

I added a few options to this poll just now.  And, I made it so that folks can change their vote if they would like.

:)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 02:21:52 pm »
people who leave the stickers on their shoes

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 02:45:11 pm »
I always attract the weirdo, who wants to have a conversation.Even as a kid on the bus home from school, they would always make a beeline for me.
So that was one I chose.

:laugh: :laugh:

The same thing happens to me too! I've always been a magnet for odd people and weird occurances.  I once got stuck in an airplane bathroom. The lock somehow jammed and I couldn't get back out. I was standing in there for what seemed like HOURS. It took three stewardesses and a bunch of staring passengers to get the door unjammed. God was I ever embarrassed. >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 02:50:30 pm »
People who don't clean up after their pets is definately one of my peeves. I take a roll of toilet paper and a baggie with me when I walk Cody. Somebody else shouldn't have to clean up after my pet.

And there's nothing more annoying than stepping in a nice soft pile of puppy shit in your dress shoes. :P

Rude drivers is another one. Here in the Midwest we are TERRIBLE drivers. But for the most part we are polite. Honking of car horns is considered extremely rude here. Car horns are only used for emergencies here. It's rare to hear a car horn in most parts of the Midwest, even in the downtown areas. Chicago and Detroit would be exceptions though. ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 02:58:44 pm »
Ooooooooooooo, I just thought of another one related to shoes and stepping in stuff... wet gum on the sidewalk or pavement!  So annoying to get wet gum stuck to the bottoms of nice shoes!
 :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 03:14:37 pm »
Ooooooooooooo, I just thought of another one related to shoes and stepping in stuff... wet gum on the sidewalk or pavement!  So annoying to get wet gum stuck to the bottoms of nice shoes!
 :P

Oh yeah that is bad! Especially during the summer when it's all bubbly and gooey. You step on it and it creates a fine string and when you try to pick it off you have to contend with all those nasty little gum strings too. They get all over your hands, all over the paper you're using to clean it off, and even after you've managed to remove it, a sticky film remains on the bottom of your shoe and your shoe makes an annoying snapping sound as you walk across the floor. >:(

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 06:12:11 pm »
people who leave the stickers on their shoes

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kelda I'm going to slap you down again, friend.  ;)

The sticker is under my foot on the liner or on the sole!!!!  How can that possibly bother someone?!?!?!  Is a pet peeve for people to leave the label on their underwear as well?!?

:laugh: :laugh: