Author Topic: Brokeback-esque Photographs  (Read 3189 times)

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Brokeback-esque Photographs
« on: September 15, 2008, 12:00:36 am »
My partner and I took a trip up to the Canadian Rockies a few weeks ago - stunningly beautiful! Here's a photo we took while visiting the Bar U Ranch just south of Longview, Alberta in the foothills just east of the Rockies... the ranch was started up in the 1880's and is now operated as a living museum of sorts... it was the highlight of the trip... and located very near the area where much of the movie was filmed. The whole time we were there I could feel the ghosts of Jack & Ennis... and all those cowboys from long ago... a tough life, to be sure... but, oh... a sweet life, too!

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Brokeback Photographs
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 12:19:16 am »
Here's a modern day cowboy at the Bar U... and two tents... does that mean twice the fun?!  ... heh heh

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Brokeback Photographs
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:27:38 am »
... and of course, everybody recognizes this place... photo taken 8/20/2008

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Brokeback-esque Photographs
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:59:28 pm »
Wow! Those are some beautiful pics! It's so beautiful up there in the Canadian Rockies, isn't? Wow. I love the view and the scenery. They're lovely! :D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:52:30 am »
.. The whole time we were there I could feel the ghosts of Jack & Ennis... and all those cowboys from long ago... a tough life, to be sure... but, oh... a sweet life, too!

What a touching thought.  It sounds like a great trip. Thanks so much for sharing your photos - they're wonderful!  :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 04:17:41 pm »
What a touching thought.  It sounds like a great trip. Thanks so much for sharing your photos - they're wonderful!  :)

Marie

I'll second that. Great pictures Tom. Thank you for posting.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 12:09:59 am »
I third that. Again, they're some lovely pictures. What a beautiful place to visit.

retropian

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 09:13:31 pm »
Great pictures. Isn't it amazing how a landscape can provoke an emotional reaction? Every time is see pictures of the Canadian Rockies or a dusty Wyoming plain, or a canvas tent for that matter I'm reminded.