Author Topic: The Cowboy Connection  (Read 10484 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The Cowboy Connection
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:02:03 am »
My favorite cowboy TV show was Allias Smith and Jones.  Does anyone remember that one?  who were those actors ???

I remember that show quite well. The stars were Ben Murphy and Peter Duel--who shot himself to death on New Year's Eve 1971. (See IMDb).  :(

I think that my favorite cowboys in a movie are Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.  Robert Reford's AND Paul Newman could have melted me.  They were a couple of hawt cowboys!  You think the real cowboys they portrayed were a COUPLE??!

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is unquestionably one of the best Westerns ever filmed! I never get tired of that movie! :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 08:35:45 pm »
I remember that show quite well. The stars were Ben Murphy and Peter Duel--who shot himself to death on New Year's Eve 1971. (See IMDb).  :(

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is unquestionably one of the best Westerns ever filmed! I never get tired of that movie! :D

I remember alias Smith and Jones,it was required Friday night viewing in our house.I had such a crush on Pete Duel, he was the slim dark haired one.I had forgotten all about him and the programme until this post.
That programme in England was after the Champions and before the Persuaders,year wise.I was in love with all of them.I actually had a crush on Alexandra Bastedo, and was really worried I might be gay.Completely in love with Roger Moore.Ah happy days.

Agree with you about Butch Cassidy,no matter howmany times I see it, I always think they will get out alive.Those 2 in jeans and cowboy boots, almost too much for rampant teenager hormones.
I feel sorry for todays teenagers, particularly girls, I mean Zac Effron is just not in the same league.We had Steve McQueen, Redford, Newman,Moore, Curtis,real men.!!!!
I love these trips down memeory lane.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 08:03:45 pm »
Ummmmmm....how to say this?

I  HATED western/cowboy movies when I was a kid.  I do remember dressing up as a cowboy for Halloween a few times, but other than that, never watched Western stuff.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 08:06:43 pm »
Ummmmmm....how to say this?

I  HATED western/cowboy movies when I was a kid.  I do remember dressing up as a cowboy for Halloween a few times, but other than that, never watched Western stuff.

What the hell did you watch then? :o :o
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 08:10:42 pm »
What the hell did you watch then? :o :o

cartoons!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Katie77

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 08:14:20 pm »
cartoons!  ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, all I can say, is , you missed out on a hell of a lot of cowboy eye candy...... :o :o

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 08:15:31 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, all I can say, is , you missed out on a hell of a lot of cowboy eye candy...... :o :o

What can I say.  I was bored with them......bunch of guys riding horses, shooting each other.

::)

Offline Katie77

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 08:18:57 pm »
What can I say.  I was bored with them......bunch of guys riding horses, shooting each other.

::)

Yeah, but at least the goodies always won.........

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 08:21:39 pm »
Yeah, but at least the goodies always won.........

My dad was always watching that shit when I was a kid.....Bonanza, Clint Eastwood movies, John Wayne movies.... I quickly learned to hate all Western Stuff.

It's a miracle I even went to see Brokeback in the first place.

:laugh:

Offline Katie77

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 08:32:04 pm »

My dad was always watching that shit when I was a kid.....Bonanza, Clint Eastwood movies, John Wayne movies.... I quickly learned to hate all Western Stuff.

It's a miracle I even went to see Brokeback in the first place.

:laugh:

Yeah, I was thinking that myself.........guess when you heard it was a GAY Cowboy Movie, the emphasis was NOT on the cowboy part. ::) ::)