Author Topic: Roberta Maxwell  (Read 25225 times)

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Roberta Maxwell
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 05:29:52 pm »
Good sleuthing, Paul!  8)

Thanks, Priestess!

Here she is again:  Richard III  opens June 2, 2011 at the Tom Patterson Theatre in Stratford, Ontario.  Titus Andronicus  opens July 14.

November 15, 2010… The Stratford Shakespeare Festival is pleased to announce that Roberta Maxwell will return to the acting company to play the Duchess of York in Richard III and the Nurse in Titus Andronicus.

“Roberta Maxwell is one of the greats,” says Artistic Director Des McAnuff. “She started at the Festival as a child actress. A few years later, when I came to Stratford on one of those yellow school buses, I saw her play Anne Page in The Merry Wives of Windsor. A decade or so after that I was directing her in the title role of Mary Stuart at New York’s Public Theatre. What an absolute delight it is to be working with her once more.”

Ms Maxwell was last at Stratford in 2009, when she played Oenone in Phèdre, which featured Seana McKenna in the title role. Ms McKenna will also play the title role in Richard III as previously announced.

In 14 seasons at Stratford, Ms Maxwell’s roles have included Lady Macbeth, Rosalind in As You Like It, Olivia in Twelfth Night, Nina in The Seagull, Elmire in Tartuffe and Mistress Ford in The Merry Wives of Windsor. An award-winning actor, she has performed across the U.S. and on Broadway, in such productions as Equus, Our Town and The Carpetbaggers’ Children. Her films include Brokeback Mountain, Popeye and Dead Man Walking.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:59 pm »
And, she played with Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard in Chekhov's Three Sisters  this winter off-Broadway.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 10:52:32 pm »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ObXzrP4wdc[/youtube]

Here's a delightful look back at the Algonquin Round Table. 

Roberta Maxwell plays the voice of Dorothy Parker.