Author Topic: Bug Cuisine  (Read 26247 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Bug Cuisine
« on: September 10, 2008, 01:23:14 am »

Bug Cuisine

David George Gordon, a biologist and writer from Seattle, is the author of the Eat-a-Bug Cookbook, a collection of recipes for grasshoppers, ants, water bugs, spiders and more. Gordon and David Gracer, another chef specializing in insect cuisine, recently held a cook-off at a food fair in Richmond, Virginia.

In many countries around the world, insects are a regular part of a well-balanced diet.

With the global livestock sector responsible for 18% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions, insects offer an easily sustainable option for food. They require little room and few resources to grow, and yet they contain great amounts of protein and other nutrients.

So, do tell, would you be happy to chow-down on tasty Orthopteran Orzo and succulent Tarantula   Tempura? Yep, that’s right, folks, creepy crawly spiders sautéed just the way you like ‘em!

Click the link below to view the full, mouth-watering menu . . . . . if you dare!
  :o

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

Re: Bug Cuisine
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:41:25 am »
oh gggggeeeerrrrroooooooossssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

yuck!

double yuck!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 01:59:00 am »
oh gggggeeeerrrrroooooooossssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

yuck!

double yuck!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You suuuuure I can't tempt you, Jess!   ;)   ;D

:laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:09:31 am »
You suuuuure I can't tempt you, Jess!   ;)   ;D

Eww! Yuck Kerry! :P

What ever made you post something like THIS?!! :laugh:

Ugh! :P

They sell deep fried grasshoppers and crickets at the Indiana State Fair. I've never tried any of them. But I just thought it was because people in Indiana are weird! :laugh:

But apparently many others do it too. Just look at that picture up there! Yuck! :P :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 02:58:53 am »
Eww! Yuck Kerry! :P

What ever made you post something like THIS?!! :laugh:

Ugh! :P

They sell deep fried grasshoppers and crickets at the Indiana State Fair. I've never tried any of them. But I just thought it was because people in Indiana are weird! :laugh:

But apparently many others do it too. Just look at that picture up there! Yuck! :P :P

:laugh:  I was going through some back issues of Time magazine the other day, David, when I came across the article about the bug food fair in Richmond, Virginia.   :(  I wasn't sure if I should post it or not.   ???  It certainly is very gross. :P   But there are other gross food-related threads here, so I figured this'd probably be in good company haha.  :laugh: Should I delete the yucky food pic and just leave the funny pic of the woman attempting to eat the food? What should I do?   ??? 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 03:10:47 am »
:laugh:  I was going through some back issues of Time magazine the other day, David, when I came across the article about the bug food fair in Richmond, Virginia.   :(  I wasn't sure if I should post it or not.   ???  It certainly is very gross. :P   But there are other gross food-related threads here, so I figured this'd probably be in good company haha.  :laugh: Should I delete the yucky food pic and just leave the funny pic of the woman attempting to eat the food? What should I do?    ??? 

No! Please leave it up there Kerry! We're morbidly intruiged by it. :laugh:

At least I am. ;D

I can't stop looking at it for some strange reason.

injest

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:32:00 am »
No! Please leave it up there Kerry! We're morbidly intruiged by it. :laugh:

At least I am. ;D

I can't stop looking at it for some strange reason.

If I went to someone's house and saw that on the counter? I would be like EWWW!! do you not have an exterminator?? Clean your house more often!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 09:35:51 am »
If I went to someone's house and saw that on the counter? I would be like EWWW!! do you not have an exterminator?? Clean your house more often!

;D ;D ;D There is a programme on the food network with Andrew Zimmerman, think that is his name.He travels the world eating the most gross "food" items imaginable.
When my husband was on tour in HongKong playing hockey, they asked to be taken to a really authentic restaurant.There they were served deep fried worms, and some things so gross I will not mention them.He was also treated to some equally, to our palate revolting food items in Saudi.He had no option but to eat them there, as it is really offensive to the host to refuse!!!

In England there is an insect food club where people meet once a month to consume meals consisting entirely of insects, including chocolate dipped, locusts.YUM YUM I can feel my mouth watering as I write, NOT !!!!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 09:52:09 am »
Personally, I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would even consider  eating insects. Yetch.  :P

Even if all meat - beef, lamb, pork - were to be banned tomorrow, I would happily eat fruit, vegetables, berries, nuts, grains, bread, rice, pasta, etc., rather than consuming insects.

Had I visited that food fair in Richmond, Virginia, my cynical, skeptical, suspicious mind would have immediately suspected the bug chefs were having a little joke at their clients' expense. I would have been looking around for the candid cameras  and insisted on seeing THEM eat some of their own concoctions before considering trying any of it myself. And even then, I still wouldn't try it.  :(  I'm just not an adventurous eater, I guess.  ::)

I figured most everyone would have the same reaction as me, but I was curious to find out if there was anyone here who would actually seriously consider eating bugs and if so, why? Anyone? ???   
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline optom3

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 02:10:52 pm »
Speaking  for myself,the only time I would eat bugs, would be if I was abandoned in the middle of nowhere,with absoloutely nothing else to eat and I do mean nothing.I would rather bash a snake and eat that than insects.
I really would have to be on deaths door and desparate though.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 02:41:15 pm »
It seems like their little legs would be hard to swallow. Like hair. I think they would probably get stuck in my throat. :P

Ewww. Now I think I really AM sick! :P :P

Hopefully people have a really big drink of something when they eat them, so they can chase it down.

Yuck.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 02:42:39 pm »
Ohhhhhhhh man!   yucky yucky yucky!!!!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 06:31:34 pm »
so it would be safe to say none of ya'll want to be on Survivor then??

can I mark ya'll off the list?

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:58:14 pm »
Gag.  :P

injest

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 07:19:10 pm »
Gag.  :P

striking Del off her Amazing Race possibilities..

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 07:19:58 pm »
yeah, you can cut me from the list!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 07:38:26 pm »
striking Del off her Amazing Race possibilities..

I'm only into bugs if I were starving and there was nothing else.  Then, hey, a little leggy protein would be OK.  But in the meantime, I have plenty of dead chicken, pork and cow parts wrapped in plastic in the freezer that were martyred whose sacrifices I will make sure were not in vain.  ;)

injest

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 07:48:55 pm »

I'm only into bugs if I were starving and there was nothing else.  Then, hey, a little leggy protein would be OK.  But in the meantime, I have plenty of dead chicken, pork and cow parts wrapped in plastic in the freezer that were martyred whose sacrifices I will make sure were not in vain.  ;)

dead cow is my favorite!!

Offline optom3

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 09:39:23 pm »
I don't know why I keep comming back here,it is so gross yet I keep comming to take another peek.

I don't think you get it here, but in Britain there is a programme called I am a celebrity(C/D list mainly) get me out of here. The basics are, the celebrities are dropped in a jungle with no facilities.They have to earn food by doing horrendous tasks.Each day the public vote for the celeb.they want to see do the task.The more points they get for the task,the more food they get,

I am getting to the point now.One of the tasks always involves eating truly gross items.One is a massive grub called a witchity grub.It is about 2inches long and pretty fat, and wait for it alive !!!!! I will not say any more,it is beyond disgusting, but I always watche it, in the way you can't help looking at a road crash.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:28 pm »
I don't know why I keep comming back here,it is so gross yet I keep comming to take another peek.

I don't think you get it here, but in Britain there is a programme called I am a celebrity(C/D list mainly) get me out of here. The basics are, the celebrities are dropped in a jungle with no facilities.They have to earn food by doing horrendous tasks.Each day the public vote for the celeb.they want to see do the task.The more points they get for the task,the more food they get,

I am getting to the point now.One of the tasks always involves eating truly gross items. One is a massive grub called a witchity grub.It is about 2inches long and pretty fat, and wait for it alive !!!!! I will not say any more,it is beyond disgusting, but I always watche it, in the way you can't help looking at a road crash.

Witchetty grubs are considered a delicacy by Australia's aboriginal peoples. They dig them out of tree bark and swallow them down while they're still alive and wriggling.  :o They're quite huge and disgusting in appearance.  :P They must taste yummy, though, because there seems to be a lot of smiles all round, from the diners.  ;D  Personally, if I was starving in the wilderness, I'm inclined to think I'd prefer to go looking for some wild berries, in preference to giving serious thought to pilfering the contents of a spider's web. Barf!  :P
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 10:57:37 am »

Offline optom3

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 12:27:30 pm »
Witchetty grubs are considered a delicacy by Australia's aboriginal peoples. They dig them out of tree bark and swallow them down while they're still alive and wriggling.  :o They're quite huge and disgusting in appearance.  :P They must taste yummy, though, because there seems to be a lot of smiles all round, from the diners.  ;D  Personally, if I was starving in the wilderness, I'm inclined to think I'd prefer to go looking for some wild berries, in preference to giving serious thought to pilfering the contents of a spider's web. Barf!  :P

Those grubs are soo gross I had to turn away from the T.V when the poor celeb ate them.You are quite right they eat them alive !!!!  They look like giant mutated maggots.Quite frankly, if it was those or death,I think I would probably just turn my toes up.!!!! I hope to goodness it is not a situation I am ever faced with.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 02:17:57 pm »
they are nasty lookin'!  Eat them alive?    :o  ewwwwh

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 09:28:51 pm »
Those grubs are soo gross I had to turn away from the T.V when the poor celeb ate them.You are quite right they eat them alive !!!!  They look like giant mutated maggots.Quite frankly, if it was those or death,I think I would probably just turn my toes up.!!!! I hope to goodness it is not a situation I am ever faced with.

I'm with you, Fiona!  :P
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 08:59:31 am »
Personally, I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would even consider  eating insects. Yetch.  :P

Even if all meat - beef, lamb, pork - were to be banned tomorrow, I would happily eat fruit, vegetables, berries, nuts, grains, bread, rice, pasta, etc., rather than consuming insects.

Had I visited that food fair in Richmond, Virginia, my cynical, skeptical, suspicious mind would have immediately suspected the bug chefs were having a little joke at their clients' expense. I would have been looking around for the candid cameras  and insisted on seeing THEM eat some of their own concoctions before considering trying any of it myself. And even then, I still wouldn't try it.  :(  I'm just not an adventurous eater, I guess.  ::)

I figured most everyone would have the same reaction as me, but I was curious to find out if there was anyone here who would actually seriously consider eating bugs and if so, why? Anyone? ???   

Well........I have had the occassional fly get sucked down my throat if Ive been yawning in a cow paddock..... ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline optom3

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 09:23:36 am »
Well........I have had the occassional fly get sucked down my throat if Ive been yawning in a cow paddock..... ::)

Isn't there an old wives tale/urban myth that tou swallow x no. of flies while you are asleep !!

injest

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 11:06:01 am »

Isn't there an old wives tale/urban myth that tou swallow x no. of flies while you are asleep !!

spiders....they say we swallow spiders!

*shudder*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 11:51:22 am »
spiders....they say we swallow spiders!

*shudder*

Yet another excellent reason to sleep with a mosquito net over one's bed.  :-\   :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 08:57:52 pm »
I'm sure we swallow that stuff.  Yucky as it may be.

and if we knew about how some of our food is prepared (peanut butter, twinkies) we'd never eat them again!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 09:05:38 pm »
I'm sure we swallow that stuff.  Yucky as it may be.

and if we knew about how some of our food is prepared (peanut butter, twinkies) we'd never eat them again!

Confucius say, "He who work in frankfurt factory NEVER eat frankfurt."   
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 09:24:32 pm »
Interesting thread.

Made me laugh. 

I cringe at some of the "cuisine items" too, but I know from friends around the globe, they cringe at some of our habits as well! 
Cheese, for some! 
Go figure!

I have done quite a few survival courses here in the NW of America.  Two were very strenuous, and yup, I had to eat grubs and worms. 

Imo, it's all mental folks. 

It's not much more than getting over the idea that eating sushi is eating "raw" fish....(btw, I love sushi, although many years ago, I didn't).

I've had some interesting items in my diet over the years, including bear, rattlesnake, goat, squirrel, crayfish, et cetera....
I'm still alive! lolol...

And YUP, I still cringe at most bugs! 

But to survive?  You bet I'd have no problem.

jmo.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 10:49:14 pm »

Why is it that it's okay to eat prawns/shrimp . . . . . .

But it is NOT okay to eat grasshoppers . . . . . .

I can't see a lot of difference in their physical appearance.

If anything, the prawn/shrimp probably has an even higher Ewww factor than the grasshopper because it's slimy and has lots more creepy, crawly legs. Double-Ewww!

Personally, I can't imagine eating either of the above. IMHO prawns/shrimp not only look gross, they also stink. How anyone can eat them, I'll never know LOL. I probably have a somewhat jaundiced view on that subject, however, because I'm allergic to prawns/shrimp and suffer anaphylaxis; i.e., I go into anaphylactic shock; if I eat them. I have to be particularly careful eating Asian food, because they put shrimp paste in a lot of their food, as a flavour enhancer.

Nope, I'll pass on the prawns/shrimp, thanks all the same. More for you!

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 11:12:31 pm »
Eww YUCK!! Look at their red eyes! :P

We don't eat prawns over here Kerry, at least not in Indiana. Many people eat shrimp and lobster though, which probably isn't much better! :laugh:

But grasshoppers are BUGS! They hop around on dog poopie! :P

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 12:02:44 am »
lolol....

While I won't grab first hand for a grasshopper, I sure would go for a lobster or crawdad(crayfish)...

They are great! 

Just had a wonderful dinner tonight (thanks to our wonderful neighbor) of fresh Oregon Dungeness crab.

I can't imagine life w/o fresh seafood. 

I guess it's all in where we are!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 12:18:00 am »
lolol....

While I won't grab first hand for a grasshopper, I sure would go for a lobster or crawdad(crayfish)...

They are great! 

Just had a wonderful dinner tonight (thanks to our wonderful neighbor) of fresh Oregon Dungeness crab.

I can't imagine life w/o fresh seafood. 

I guess it's all in where we are!

Steak and lobster is good! So is steak and shrimp. But I'd have to be starving and knocking on death's door before I'd eat a bug! I can't believe people pay their hard earned money to eat one.

Fried grasshoppers at the Indiana State Fair are $5.00 a piece... err... a bug. I must admit I've been intrigued by it, but I've never actually gone for it. They look really gross when they are deep fried like that. Probably better to just eat them raw. Bug sushi! ;) :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 01:16:08 am »

I just noticed something. It looks like that bug is grinning! :o

Oh my god! :P

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 01:35:38 am »
I just noticed something. It looks like that bug is grinning! :o

Oh my god! :P

LOLOL David.  That's the top of this worm!  hehe.....Nature makes it that way to scare predators.

Btw, you do realize a lobster is a big BUG?   ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 01:52:01 am »

LOLOL David.  That's the top of this worm!  hehe.....Nature makes it that way to scare predators.

Btw, you do realize a lobster is a big BUG?   ;D

Lobsters look like great big SCORPIONS!! :P

Or scorpions look like little bitty lobsters. ???

Which way is it? LOL

I'm gonna swear off lobsters from now on! :laugh:

Offline Katie77

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 02:07:07 am »
We have a seafood here in Australia which are actually called bugs ...Depending on which waters they are found in, they carry the name Balmain Bugs, or Moreton Bay Bugs......they are like a little lobster....and delicious.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 02:15:00 am »
I have hesitated putting up any more pics from the Chinese Buffet in Beijing, as I have posted some others elsewhere of some of the awful stuff that they eat over there.....but heres a couple more....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 02:15:29 am »
We have a seafood here in Australia which are actually called bugs ...Depending on which waters they are found in, they carry the name Balmain Bugs, or Moreton Bay Bugs......they are like a little lobster....and delicious.

Those sound like crawfish Sue.

Some of my relatives live in South Louisiana and crawfish are a delicacy down there too. Very Cajun. I wonder if Balmain Bugs or Moreton Bay Bugs and crawfish are the same thing or perhaps related? :)

Offline Katie77

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 02:26:16 am »
Moreton Bay Bug.....sometimes called Bay Lobster....

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 03:01:52 am »
Moreton Bay Bug.....sometimes called Bay Lobster....

I think they may all be the same "genus"....is that the right term?

And yes they are Awesome to eat...........and yes..............they are "bugs".

hehe :laugh:

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 05:17:23 am »

Oh, yetch, that Chinese fast-food stand has just put me off my dinner. I think I may never eat again. Anything! Ever! Bletch!  :P   ;)   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 09:17:26 am »
Oh, yetch, that Chinese fast-food stand has just put me off my dinner. I think I may never eat again. Anything! Ever! Bletch!  :P   ;)   :laugh:

Hey Kerry, those pics are the best of a worse lot, which I WONT post again, they are on some other threads here, showing Chinese people eating dog brain soup, cow and horse stew and goat livers.....I can tell ya.....it aint pretty.... ::)

injest

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 11:17:59 am »
Confucius say, "He who work in frankfurt factory NEVER eat frankfurt."   

ya'll ever see those big harvesters out there gathering grain and stuff? there is guidelines that tell you how much bug parts per ton you are allowed to have...there is simply no way to get them all out..

;D ;D

injest

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 11:20:52 am »
so in reality we have all eaten plenty of bugs....

I dont like eating anything that you have to eat the whole thing....eyes, ears, tongues, noses....YUCKYUCKYUCK

Offline optom3

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 12:13:21 pm »
GROSS !!!

That's it, I surrender,waving white flag around. I don't care how curious I get I am going to stay away from this thread.but then again !!

injest

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 12:15:19 pm »
GROSS !!!

That's it, I surrender,waving white flag around. I don't care how curious I get I am going to stay away from this thread.but then again !!

peanut butter is the worst....whenever I eat it I try not to look too close and if I see anything by accident I just tell myself it is some of that little 'skin' they have.... ;)

Offline optom3

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 07:35:29 pm »
peanut butter is the worst....whenever I eat it I try not to look too close and if I see anything by accident I just tell myself it is some of that little 'skin' they have.... ;)

O.K so I fibbed, I came back for a sly look.
You have me worried now, what i sso bad about peanut butter.I have it nearly every morning on toast with banana on top.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 07:44:22 pm »
I've never thought anything bad about peanut butter,and we dont have any little "skin" things in ours. I get the smooth, and its just ALL peanuts, mashed into a smooth paste.....nothing more......Im sure about that......I really am.......no bugs in our peanut butter......no way.......just peanuts.....no bugs....no bugs at all.......i know....... :o :o

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 07:48:52 pm »
I've never thought anything bad about peanut butter,and we dont have any little "skin" things in ours. I get the smooth, and its just ALL peanuts, mashed into a smooth paste.....nothing more......Im sure about that......I really am.......no bugs in our peanut butter......no way.......just peanuts.....no bugs....no bugs at all.......i know....... :o :o

Uh Oh, I cannot read this thread..   I dont want to be grossed out.  I know bugs, rats, and all sorts of things end up in the packaged, canned or whatever food we have.  Oh no no no Im not reading htis thread

Offline Katie77

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 07:58:04 pm »
Talking about things ending up in packaged food.........all I can say, is its a good thing he is still whole, and not mashed up in the lettuce.

injest

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 09:37:45 pm »
Talking about things ending up in packaged food.........all I can say, is its a good thing he is still whole, and not mashed up in the lettuce.

AAEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 03:25:04 pm »

:laugh: :laugh:

Jess!  Don't ruin peanut butter for me!   :laugh:   I love it, have a taste of it almost daily.

I just keep telling myselfl "There's ONLY peanut butter in here."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 03:28:07 pm »

Ok, I soooo didn't need to see that.  But is it real?  I mean, it's in a sealed bag, how did the poor little guy get air to breathe?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2008, 11:12:14 am »
I'm reading a good article on this subject by John McPhee in the fall "food issue" of The New Yorker. So far he has described eating puffin, Rocky Mountain Oysters, bear, Pop Tarts, and the gob of fat behind a caribou's eye.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008, 04:02:59 pm »
I'm reading a good article on this subject by John McPhee in the fall "food issue" of The New Yorker. So far he has described eating puffin, Rocky Mountain Oysters, bear, Pop Tarts, and the gob of fat behind a caribou's eye.

Yetch!   :P   :(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2008, 03:09:34 pm »
Yeah there was a Gordon Ramsay The F Word epsiode where he catches puffins and eats them prety much ithin minutes of killing them
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2008, 05:23:13 pm »
Yeah there was a Gordon Ramsay The F Word epsiode where he catches puffins and eats them prety much ithin minutes of killing them

Hmmm, sounds like something Ransay'd do. F Word? F Wit, more like! Can't abide that crass, vulgar obscenity of a man!  >:(  Ya'll can tell I'm not a fan!  ::)   ;)   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν