Author Topic: Favorite Kind of Pizza?  (Read 9817 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Favorite Kind of Pizza?
« on: September 11, 2008, 03:22:14 pm »

So here's a food poll of the savory variety!  I was born near Chicago and raised near Chicago until I was 14, so I have strong opinions about pizza.
 ;D

This poll is making me hungry!
 :P

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Favorite Kind of Pizza?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:46:44 pm »
I have two faves (well, three) so I picked "other".

Tortellini pie (ricotta chese, tortellini, and mozzarella)

Buffalo chicken (tomato sauce, mozzarella, bits of buffalo chicken, drizzled with hot sauce and bleu cheese)

Other fave is a meat lovers pie.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:17:23 pm »
I love pizzas with goats cheese on it...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 05:32:13 pm »

Mushroom garlic chicken with garlic butter sauce for a dipper...           yum

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 05:52:17 pm »
Deep dish. Definately. Maybe it's because I live fairly close to Chicago. But people around here seem to love deep dish pizzas. And I'm no exception! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 05:54:21 pm »
I chose the thin crust and my favorite toppings are anchovies, mushrooms, olives, spinach, sun dried tomatoes - not necessarily all together!

This poll is making me hungry!
 :P

Me, too!  Now I have a hankering for pizza (and cake for dessert!)

Buffalo chicken (tomato sauce, mozzarella, bits of buffalo chicken, drizzled with hot sauce and bleu cheese)

Oh, that sounds good! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:28 pm »
Ooops! I forgot to mention the toppings. Well, like I said my favorite STYLE of pizza is deep dish, and I'm perfectly happy with lots and lots of tomato sauce. I like pizzas with just the crust and tomato sauce...dripping with tomato sauce! :D

Other toppings would be pepperoni, bacon, onions and sun dried tomatoes.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:38:03 pm »
I chose thin crust, red sauce, pepperoni, and sausage.

Really what I usually get is called "Supreme" -- it has all that, plus onions, mushrooms, and green peppers. Yum -- Mee.

We have Pizza Inn, Pizza Hut, Pizza Pro, and Domino's around here mostly. There is a Mazzio's not far away too.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 07:47:47 pm »
Sadly, I've lost my taste for pizza.  I used to love it, but after not having any for about 6 years - pizzas from delivery places invariably upset my gastrointestinal tract - I decided to order one from a local place after my sister gave it a rave review.

Nothing.  It tasted rather bland and not really satisfying.

As my sister moved from her last place, I offered to help - by buying her friends pizza  ;D (Momma didn't raise no fool).  The pizzas I bought were from the same place.  Most everyone there remarked how yummy the pizza was.

Apparently it's just me, I just don't enjoy pizza anymore.  :(

injest

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:52:54 pm »
Sadly, I've lost my taste for pizza.  I used to love it, but after not having any for about 6 years - pizzas from delivery places invariably upset my gastrointestinal tract - I decided to order one from a local place after my sister gave it a rave review.

Nothing.  It tasted rather bland and not really satisfying.

As my sister moved from her last place, I offered to help - by buying her friends pizza  ;D (Momma didn't raise no fool).  The pizzas I bought were from the same place.  Most everyone there remarked how yummy the pizza was.

Apparently it's just me, I just don't enjoy pizza anymore.  :(

oh please....these were your sisters friends....they dont' know good food! buncha dweebs....find another place...

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 08:06:22 pm »
oh please....these were your sisters friends....they dont' know good food! buncha dweebs....find another place...

Know any good ones round these parts?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:38:39 pm »
Deep dish. Definately. Maybe it's because I live fairly close to Chicago. But people around here seem to love deep dish pizzas. And I'm no exception! :)

I completely agree with you about the deep dish issue.  The Chicago deep-dish preference radius seems like it radiates pretty far out into other states in the general region of Illinois. 

I enjoy medium thickness and deep dish.  LOL, I just don't understand thin crust pizza at all.

And, I like lots of really strong flavors on pizza.  Pepperoni is my favorite meat on pizza.  And, I love things like peppers and onions.  And to me olives add the perfect finishing touch to a good pizza.

But, there are tons and tons of types of pizza that I like, toppings-wise.

I made this poll so that folks can only choose 4 toppings... and then also vote about their crust and sauce preferences.  But, I quickly learned that 4 choices wasn't really enough for me.  Since I would enjoy tons of the options on the list here.

Oooooooooooo, it just occurred to me that I forgot to add pineapple to the list.  I know there are some folks out there who like ham and pineapple pizzas.  Which I find to be an alarming idea.
 :o  One of my best friends from college liked pineapple pizza.  I think for this poll the pineapple idea can be just part of an "other" vote.

Another interesting topping that I'm realizing I left off the list is fried egg.  In pizza parlors in Paris I've noticed this to be a fairly common option.  I've never tried it though.  Is egg on pizza common elsewhere in Europe?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 11:39:23 pm »
I chose thin crust, red sauce, pepperoni, and sausage.

Really what I usually get is called "Supreme" -- it has all that, plus onions, mushrooms, and green peppers. Yum -- Mee.

We have Pizza Inn, Pizza Hut, Pizza Pro, and Domino's around here mostly. There is a Mazzio's not far away too.

We have Pizza Hut, Noble Romans, Papa Johns, Dominos and Donatos. Donatos is the one I normally order my pizzas from. They are really good. They use so much pepperoni you can't even see the pizza. It's totally covered. Yummy. Now I'm getting HUNGRY!!

They used to have a pizza parlor here called Shakey's. You could watch them make the pizzas through a window and they had a player piano in the restaurant with neon lights in it! :D

I think Shakey's left Indianapolis years ago. I haven't seen one since I was a teenager.

Then we also had a place called "Paramount Music Palace" and they served pizza. They had a huge pipe organ that rose out of the ground and they would take requests. The organ not only had pipes, but also real drums, trumpets, tubas and even mechanical birds and other things. It was real fun watching all the gadgets on the walls. :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 08:56:50 am »
We have Pizza Hut, Noble Romans, Papa Johns, Dominos and Donatos.

Here in NJ we have Papa Johns, Pizza Hut and Dominios.  Oh, and Sbarros.  None of them are considered "real" pizza.   If you want real pizza, you get it from a local pizzaria.

Although, I do like Pizza Hut.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 09:34:44 am »
I voted mozarella, mushrooms, ham and red sauce.

I would have voted for more things, had I been allowed :laugh:
I like artichokes, garlic, fresh tomatoes, and what else not.

I also like all kinds of crusts. Of course the Italian traditionalist in me shakes her head about the 'bad' American habit of making pizzas with thick crust ;). But I like it nonetheless :).

And I totally agree with Chuckie that you have to go to a local pizzeria if you want the real deal.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 11:14:06 pm »
I voted pepperoni, sausage, mushroom with thin crust...I also really like things like pesto, garlic, sundried tomatoes...

Pizza := Yummy.
 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 02:07:13 pm »
I voted,thin crust,red sauce, pepperoni, ham, mushrooms and olies, have ot be black though.Oh dang it,missed off the cheese,mozarella.We have the usual, dominos,pizza hut.Papa Johns and hungry Howies.Of those pizza hut would be my preference.

We are very lucky though to have a family run, Italian restaurant,Bella Coccina, and they do really yummy. takeout pizza.You can also eat in, it is very good.O.K its 2.0pm its official I am now very hungry.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 03:58:09 pm »
egg aint a stabdard item on pizza in the uk
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 04:17:49 pm »
thick crust pepperoni or supreme

I like Pizza Hut here in Longview..

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 08:55:27 pm »
And I totally agree with Chuckie that you have to go to a local pizzeria if you want the real deal.

;D