Author Topic: Are you a Heathen or a Gyllenhaalic?  (Read 28343 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Are you a Heathen or a Gyllenhaalic?
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2006, 02:33:28 pm »
The title of the most boringnest actor in the world is taken by Orlando Bloom, Barb. That reminds me of an anecdote. I was driving along the road to the Denver airport one time and saw out of my rearview a Ferrari Testarosa quickly coming up on me. I said to myself, That has got to be Don Johnson heading from the Centennial Airport, where his plane is, to DIA (Don has a house in Aspen). So, I slowed down to let him pass and give me an eyeful. But it was not Don, it was Kevin Costner.

I am also a Gyllenhaalic, because there is so much Ennis in my personality already that I dare not allow in any more. So, I had a dream about Jake last night (my first, always before, I've dreamed about Jack). He was visiting some kind of institution as part of a fund-raising program, and I was part of the staff. When he walked into the room, the rest of the staff got all googly-eyed and shy, but not me. I barged right up to him and welcomed him to the place and offered to give him a tour. I just couldn't keep my hands off of him! I kept shaking his hand (with two of my own), touching his back to steer him, and even pulling his hair, which seemed to tickle his funny bone. Then, he said he had to use the bathroom and would I show him the way. Instead, I got behind him and was gently pushing him toward the basement! Then he started to resist, and sob, I woke up!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2006, 02:40:33 pm »
:snork:

Yeah, Orlando Bloom is right up there with KC.  Blah City.

Tell you what, I started watching "Rumor Has It" one night last week, and as much as I like Mark Ruffalo (and always sort of perversely enjoy how eerily like my last boyfriend before meeting my husband he looks and acts), as soon as Kevin Costner started taking up screen time, I couldn't watch it any longer.  He just bored me senseless.  It's actually creepy just how boring he is.  And to see him in an interview, it's even moreso.

Nice dream, by the way (except for your untimely wake-up call).  I never seem to have those celebrity dreams.  And not for the lack of trying, believe me.
No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2006, 02:48:10 pm »
I swear there is something interesting going on up there in heaven because I've not only been having weird dreams but have been replaying parts of the movie in my head nonstop. And there is something in the air, particularly at night, like electricity, and the wildlife around my place has been going crazy, elk bugling, coyotes yipping, wild turkeys screaming, etc. etc. It's a zoo!!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006, 02:53:20 pm »
I swear there is something interesting going on up there in heaven because I've not only been having weird dreams but have been replaying parts of the movie in my head nonstop. And there is something in the air, particularly at night, like electricity, and the wildlife around my place has been going crazy, elk bugling, coyotes yipping, wild turkeys screaming, etc. etc. It's a zoo!!

It may not exactly be going on up there in heaven.  Not to be all doom and gloom, but I'm starting to think this whole global warming thing is coming to a head, and like Al Gore says, we're going to see massive changes to our planet because of it not in our children's lifetimes, but in *our* lifetimes.  I keep telling Ed we need to buy some land in northern Florida because in about 10 years, everything in the peninsula is going to be under water when that Greenland ice shelf goes.  This is one case in which I really don't want to be right, but I fear I might be.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 02:54:57 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2006, 03:32:18 pm »
The title of the most boringnest actor in the world is taken by Orlando Bloom, Barb. 

I'd agree with that. And at one time -- post LOR, probably -- I considered Orlando hot. Now I feel sorry for him, because in interviews he seems very sweet and well-meaning and polite if, well, kind of boring. And onscreen, he's still handsome, but YAWN. There's no there there.

As for Kevin Costner, I respectfully disagree. I think he's wonderful in those light romantic comedies like Bull Durham, Tin Cup, The Upside of Anger and even (to a lesser degree), Rumor Has It. He's sort of casual and light convincing and sexy in a (now) aging way. I usually don't like him in dramas, though.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2006, 06:54:08 pm »
So, did you get to see Broken Trail on TV with KC? If so, what did you think?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2006, 07:01:27 pm »
So, did you get to see Broken Trail on TV with KC? If so, what did you think?

No, I didn't see it.

I forgot to mention earlier that KC may well be boring in real life. I've never read or watched him interviewed.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2006, 07:26:18 pm »
Orlando Bloom is another actor where I like his character of Legoles more.  Much more.  Yeah Legoles is awesome, of course not nearly as awesome as Jack Twist is to me, but he is great and I like him.  Orlando Bloom?  Big deal.  I hope I won't offend any Orlando lovers but I'm neutral regarding him.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2006, 07:22:07 pm »
Have U ever tried lucid dreaming, Barb? I recommend it highly!! I have a book called The Dream Game which tells how to do it, and I got a few others from the library. You just have to train yourself. Once U do, you'll enjoy bedtime much more, I promise! And Jake will be visiting U as often as U want!!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2006, 07:40:00 pm »
As a character I lusted more for Jack than Ennis. In person I would much perfer Heath over Jake. :P :P :P

But I would'nt turn either of them down believe me!!  if one time in my life I could have a threesome it might be now  Jake as Jack and Ennis as Heath..and of coarse me as me! : ;) ;)
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "