Author Topic: Alternate Ending  (Read 3764 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Alternate Ending
« on: March 30, 2006, 07:37:42 pm »
We know Leslie's alternate endings...how about yours? (Poll)
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

Re: Alternate Ending
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:22:33 pm »
I had written some FanFiction a while back with Jack and Ennis living up in Lightning Flat together.     Mama Twist making Cherry cake and the boys celebrating their one year anniversary together. 

YEEHAW!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:29:49 pm »
Bump

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:33:45 pm »
Bump

I believe, ladies and gentlemen, that we have the first bump of this fine forum!!   :o

We've grown so fast and furious that bumping is already a necessity.  YAY!!  G*d - how much do I just love all ya'll?!?!?!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 11:50:24 pm »
Tragically, I lost my original post and must now start anew.

My alternate ending is more of an alternate middle because poor dear Jack still dies (but not for a bit). After parting after the fight, Ennis heads back to whereever the hell he lives-Riverton or Signal, and Jack heads up to LF. The restaurant scene with Cassie happens that evening. It is the despair and auguish on Cassie's face that finally starts the wheels turning in sad daddy Ennis' head-it is the same look he saw on Jack's face during the confrontation. Cassie's avowel of "girl's don't fall in love with fun" clicks-Jack loved him. So, borrowing a truck from Stoutamire, he heads to Lightning Flat-not yet sure why or what he will say but knowing that this crossroads is the last he will have.

Gets to the Twists and the scene there is as filmed because it is too beautiful to mess with-coffe, no cake and no ashes. The mention of tha' other fella-Randall-tells Ennis he is too late. JT tells him Jack has left (lying bastard), Mrs. T sends the despondent ranch hand up to Jack's room where he finds the shirts and his devastation is complete. Ennis takes the shirts back down, Mrs. T bags them with the invitation to return. As Jack is climbing into the rental truck, he hears a horse make a horse noise (okay, I'm kinda crackin' myself up-too much Savignon Blanc) in the barn and a voice "better get a move on-got a long drive back to Childress." Ennis quietly enters and approaches his love, wraps loving arms around him. Jack, very familiar with the smell of Ennis leans back into his arms-the dozy embrace that keep him going for nearly 20 years.

That is as far as I needed to go to be happy.

Now, where is my damn Chinese delivery?

Heathen

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 10:20:29 pm »
bump-lost in the excitement yesterday

Heathen

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 10:40:52 pm »
A happy ending would have been them together, far away from anyone else.

The way Juli and Ashok end up in 'The Far Pavillions'

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:44:51 pm »
We know Leslie's alternate endings...how about yours? (Poll)

yes, and Leslie where is that next installment?? I seriously cannot wait until chapter 4....
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73