Author Topic: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 163973 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 05:44:56 pm »
and here is chapter 5!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/276955.html

SPOILERS

Well, I'm glad Mr. Coyote didn't stay away too long!   ;D  After all they've been through recently, they really need this time away. 

All Ellery had to worry about was himself and Colson.

And that's more than enough!  Their new friend David sure is insistent, isn't he?  LOL!   I think it's time to put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign along with that deadbolt!  Thanks, Louise!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 07:52:31 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 08:17:22 pm »
Bonus chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/277063.html

SPOILERS

What a great surprise, Louise!  And we got to peek in on Jeremy and Nick, too, which I always appreciate.  We knew Nick had family issues, but it sounds like maybe something has happened recently? Nick was very defensive/sensitive, even more so than usual.  Or maybe it's just the idea of having to step into Ellery's world where he feels very insecure. 

Nice that the girls invited them to dinner - and we can always count on the Grey girls to embarrass each other and give us a good laugh! 

Thanks for the bonus!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 08:26:32 pm »
oh that's what those girls are good for - that awkward adolescent timing that always makes for lots of drama!

I decided that what it was I was woolgathering about was that I didn't want to get involved in another high stakes plot involving everybody and everything with mysterious plot twists and turns, but just a pretty much straight narrative for a while.

So far, so good!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 01:55:05 pm »

SPOILERS

What a great surprise, Louise!  And we got to peek in on Jeremy and Nick, too, which I always appreciate.  We knew Nick had family issues, but it sounds like maybe something has happened recently? Nick was very defensive/sensitive, even more so than usual.  Or maybe it's just the idea of having to step into Ellery's world where he feels very insecure. 

Nice that the girls invited them to dinner - and we can always count on the Grey girls to embarrass each other and give us a good laugh! 

Thanks for the bonus!

Marie

Yep, I think that's it. The fact that he still goes on about Jeremy's supposed crush on Ellery is telling enough. Nice of Jeremy to not go into it.

But I love the fact that even Nick couldn't say no to Edna's chili recipe.

I wonder why Pam calls her dad 'Colson' and not dad(dy)?

So far, so good!

You can say that again.

Thanks Louise.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 04:11:24 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 05:14:47 pm »
chapter 7 is up!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/277334.html

SPOILERS

"You said you didn’t want ta know the details. He is a passionate an skillful lover an pleasured me with virtuoso skill."

:laugh: :laugh:  Well, that'll teach, Wes.  If you don't want to know, don't ask!  And I'm also glad that Ellery pointed out that not everyone wants to spend Sunday afternoon with their boss and his wife  - even if they are a lovely couple like Wes and Edna. 

Louise, taking the boys out of Greenlea County is such a great idea.  Poor Colson, having spent his entire life in Arizona, visiting Calfornia for the first time is a bit of a baptism by fire.  And they haven't even hit the gay bars yet!  I'm really enjoying this, Louise. Thanks!

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 05:21:31 pm »
I am glad you're liking it.  I think you can see already that Ellery, now not constrained by the propriety of his position as a police officer, nor by the social conventions that keep him from being gay in the world at large, has every intention of dragging Colson out of the closet with him, if only for the duration of their vacation, and it is not going to be easy.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 07:07:48 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 09:33:36 pm »
Bonus gay bar chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/277696.html

Love when you're on a roll, Louise!

SPOILERS

I remember when Nick first showed up he made a remark to Jeremy about the word "queer" still being used in Tourmaline so I thought that was an interesting conversation and a good point to bring up. 

I had to laugh at Colson asking about "transvestals" but the fact that they've traveled all the way to California only to enounter another shrieking "Wayne" is absolutely hilarious!  :laugh:  Not sure it'll do much to improve Colson's mood though.... it might make him feel more at home, but not in a good way!  LOL!  Great stuff, Louise.  Thanks.

Marie