Author Topic: Weirding my friends out...  (Read 5261 times)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
Weirding my friends out...
« on: June 04, 2006, 11:04:49 am »
Alright long story... ordered my BBM DVD from the UK when it came out there. It finally arrived two weeks ago, but rionically my DVD player packed up simultaneously. We bought a new one today, but since I've been afraid to watch it (no clue why - possible reasons being: I don't feel like crying, or I'm worried I'll be disappointed if it's different from the big screen, or I don't want to be interrupted). Finally ventured to putting it in... it's been sitting on the menu for five minutes cos I'm already crying.

Off to finally watch now!
 ;D
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Weirding my friends out...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 11:09:39 am »
That's sweet, Fuzzy! Tissue? Hunh?
Enjoy your movie!

;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 11:11:18 am »
Along those same lines...I gave my sister the DVD over a month ago (April 24th, to be exact). She never got around to seeing the movie in the theater. Just this morning I was talking to her on the phone and asked, "Have you watched Brokeback Mountain yet?"

"No," she said, "I haven't gotten up the nerve to watch the gay cowboy movie."

I said, "Don't call it 'the gay cowboy movie.' It's a love story and a very good movie. You should watch it."

"Well," she said, "Tom doesn't really want to watch it." [Tom is her husband.]

I said, "So watch it by yourself. He doesn't watch every movie with you, does he?"

Then she said, "Well, I'm not ready to get incredibly sad and depressed. I don't want to watch a movie that will make me cry."

Oh brother....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 01:26:20 pm »
Fuzz. I'm feelin' ya Babe! I haven't seen it in over a month now because, originally, I was saving myself for the San Francisco big screen adventure. I am sooooooo excited to be seeing it LARGE but now I starting to get a little apprehensive. Since I haven't seen it, the emotional "hit" has dissipated quite a bit. What's gonna happen when I finally do see it again??? Uh oh...

Heathen

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 02:05:39 pm »
Just finished. My goodness I have missed that movie. My DVD version though is much better quality than the version we got in the cinema: the first tent scene was brighter (I saw more than silhouettes) and the sound was clearer (other than the muffled "Jack, I swear.")

So happy now  ;D
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 02:16:23 pm »
Damn it Chan, you sure know how to make a girl miss her DVD! God I thought spending 10 days away from you guys was hard, but now I have the torture of knowing my DVD is next door and not being able to watch it. Why do I have to be so kind, damn my neighbour! But I know there should be a Brokeback fan created any minute, so I am happy that there will be another Brokie in the world. But I gotta do something about this DVD situation, I see a Mission Impossible scenario soon ocurring using a zip wire and a catsuit, possibly some wall sucker pads. Let the mission comence:
"Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun....." ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 02:35:26 pm »
God I thought spending 10 days away from you guys was hard, but now I have the torture of knowing my DVD is next door and not being able to watch it.

Next door? Beckala, does this mean you have returned from across the Atlantic?

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 02:40:48 pm »
Chan I found a quote from TKM for you that I think you may find funny, cause I sure did:

"Summer was our best season: it was sleeping on the back screened porch in cots, or trying to sleep in the tree-house; Summer was everything good to eat; it was colours in a parched landscape; but most of all, it was Dill."
 ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh:

Anyway I hope you are having fun on your penultimate day of being 18, and your fingers aren't itching to open my present, I want it to be a very special surprise. Also don't knock it about or shake it as the big lump inside is very sensitive and needs looking after.
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The mistery continues!

Next door? Beckala, does this mean you have returned from across the Atlantic?
Yep, all in one piece and I can't wait to get back to school tomorrow.....NOT! I am still very jet lagged. But yes I am indeed back, go me.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 03:09:34 pm »
Chan I found a quote from TKM for you that I think you may find funny, cause I sure did:

"Summer was our best season: it was sleeping on the back screened porch in cots, or trying to sleep in the tree-house; Summer was everything good to eat; it was colours in a parched landscape; but most of all, it was Dill."
 ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh:

LOL, ahh, good old Dill. That you're only mentioning it now, does that mean you only just finished reading it??

Anyway I hope you are having fun on your penultimate day of being 18, and your fingers aren't itching to open my present, I want it to be a very special surprise. Also don't knock it about or shake it as the big lump inside is very sensitive and needs looking after.
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The mistery continues!

That package is damn huge!! When the woman at the collection counter gave to me she had to passs it through the door cos it wouldn't fit through the slip box. I've done a fair amount of shaking so I am sorry to hurt the big lump inside. I am dying to open it though, it's currently on my bed cos I almost opened it this afternoon. Thank you so much again. Don't scare me with "penultimate". I am yet to grasp the fact I will soon be 19.

Yep, all in one piece and I can't wait to get back to school tomorrow.....NOT! I am still very jet lagged. But yes I am indeed back, go me.

Yay, so glad you're back, but sorry you have to return to school! I've been reading your Travelogue so see you've had fun :D.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 04:58:50 pm »
LOL, ahh, good old Dill. That you're only mentioning it now, does that mean you only just finished reading it??

That package is damn huge!! When the woman at the collection counter gave to me she had to passs it through the door cos it wouldn't fit through the slip box. I've done a fair amount of shaking so I am sorry to hurt the big lump inside. I am dying to open it though, it's currently on my bed cos I almost opened it this afternoon. Thank you so much again. Don't scare me with "penultimate". I am yet to grasp the fact I will soon be 19.

Yay, so glad you're back, but sorry you have to return to school! I've been reading your Travelogue so see you've had fun :D.

Oh no I finished TKM ages ago. Although I have been told that I won't need to use it until the start of next year. Well it was a big mix-up and we were supposed to be reading Frankenstein instead and TKM was infact for my GCSE instead of for an essay. So guess what I have been made to read although my holiday: Frankenstien! But I am finding it so boring, I mean Shelly uses about 10 words when she could use 1, but I guess that is what you get when reading "Classics". ::) No the reason I found the quote was cause I was "tidying" my room so when I was "tidying" my book shelf  I started to read extracts until I found that one and I couldn't stop smiling. ;D

I know it is huge, I just feel sorry for the people who had to carry it, it may be light but it is arkward to carry. The presents inside are smaller, it is just that my genius mum decided to bring home a giant jiffy bag instead of the size I advised. She defended herself by saying, "But I didn't think that the *beep* would fit in if i got the one you told me to get.".....likely story. ::) (btw that beep is not a swear word it is the lump's true identity) :o
Ah I am sure the big lump is fine, he is a tough old dog so he should be fine. Damn it I just gave away aload of clues, ah well it will just make it even more painful for you to resist opening it. But you must resist because if you open it before 1 minute past midnight on the 6th you will be eaten by scarab beetles.  :laugh: Sorry, the mummy is on TV and that is the only punishment I could think of.

But yes tmy holiday was very fun, not very relaxing though. That is what I hate about my holidays they never seem to have any relaxation time scheduled in, it's always, "We are going here, then here, then here...oh yes and here." But even though my holidays aren't really relaxing they are always fun and exciting. Plus this time the highest temperature we experiecned was 94F which is about 40c if I am doing my maths right(which I am probably not). I know that may not seem that hot to you as you live so close to the equator, but it felt bloddy hot to me! So imagine racing about in that heat and then you may understand why I feel like I need a holiday now! ;D But all round good times.