Author Topic: Welcoming newbie posts  (Read 5451 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Welcoming newbie posts
« on: June 04, 2006, 08:18:22 pm »
Hey Buds,

I've noticed a few instances of postings by newbies being "discouraged" because the particular discussion has already taken place. I know that many of us have pretty much covered it all but not everyone here has had that great experience. Newbies provide new blood and, perhaps, different perspectives-which should be welcomed. Unless the topic is currently active in another post, let 'em roll I say!

O0

Heathen

Offline YaadPyar

Re: Welcoming newbie posts
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 08:20:58 pm »
Hey Buds,

I've noticed a few instances of postings by newbies being "discouraged" because the particular discussion has already taken place. I know that many of us have pretty much covered it all but not everyone here has had that great experience. Newbies provide new blood and, perhaps, different perspectives-which should be welcomed. Unless the topic is currently active in another post, let 'em roll I say!

O0

Yup!

We were all there once, and probably not so long ago!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:05:55 pm »
Hey Buds,

I invite folks to post whatever they'd like about the film.  If you have a question about something from the film, you can search the forums using the search box up above and see if anyone else has brought something up, if only to add to that thread or at least get your question answered.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 01:55:58 am »
I have had at least three experiences within the past week or so in which someone posts some stunning and brilliant observation that in four months on this board and imdb I have never heard anybody mention before ... and then I look at their identity and notice that it is literally the person's very first post.

These incidents involved three different people.

Newbies are awesome.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 03:13:14 am »
We're all newbies.  The eldest statespeople here are only from October, I think.  Thanks for posting this, Ruby.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 01:32:34 pm »
I agree, Ruby.  And thanks for posting this.  And I'm with you, Katherine - I've seen some observations by newbies in the past week that have blown me away.

I don't mind if someone brings up something that's been brought up before.  There's always a chance for a new angle to be taken on any "old" topic.  And farbeit for me to ever tire of talking about any aspect of this movie, anyway.  :)
No more beans!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 02:48:45 pm »
I still keep coming across new posts and discussions that I haven't seen before that just blow my mind.  POST POST DISCUSS DISCUSS. !   :D

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 02:55:08 pm »
There have been so many good points made by new posters in the past week or so that I can't keep up with them! I read through a thread, nodding and nodding and saying "wow!", and then I don't have time to respond, and I forget what I wanted to respond to.

So, yay!

And one of the reasons I finally settled here was the sense that I didn't have to read four month's worth of posts before I could jump into conversations. (I mean, I'm on a discussion board because I need to talk through this. Ummmm, maybe I'm not so Ennis-like after all...)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

vkm91941

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:00:34 pm »
I love and wholeheartedly welcome all new posters.  Please share your thoughts and feelings, rekindle our spirits, touch our hearts and sit a spell.  It's a pleasure having you here and so many of you have touched me and shown me things I never realized before and I've be dissecting this film almost daily since the Venice Film Festival in August 2005 :)

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 03:02:59 pm »
I've be dissecting this film almost daily since the Venice Film Festival in August 2005 :)

Wow, Victoria, you must be one of the longest-term Brokeback devotees here. Your one-year anniversary will be coming up in just a couple of months!

vkm91941

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 03:08:19 pm »
Wow, Victoria, you must be one of the longest-term Brokeback devotees here. Your one-year anniversary will be coming up in just a couple of months!

Yep Chris (slayers) and I were some of the very first posters on the BBM board at IMDb.  ::)

Offline Karan13

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Fun loving open minded the future Mrs Depp or Gyll
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 08:38:57 pm »
I`m new posting as i spent a lot of time on the IMDb , it is always nice to see a different view , after all we`ve all got em !
I look foward to reading new and old posts on this forum ,all to serve my BBM addiction !. xx kaz

;D
It`s not the breaths you take , it`s what makes you lose one !

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 08:32:39 pm »
Agreed Ruby!  Thanks for posting!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 12:01:24 am »
I agree.  All of us at BetterMost have been here less than a year. 

One way of looking at it is none of us are oldtimers.  Another way of looking at it is just stick around and keep posting and your newness will wear off quickly.  Some of our most active and interesting posters have been here only a couple of months, but seem like they've always been part of the gang.

injest

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 11:43:38 am »
one of the very best things about Bettermost is we don't have limits and requirements...you can jump in on an ongoing discussion... start your own threads...pm whoever...start a poll...or just lurk if you want!!

'sok!!
'sok!!

:laugh: :laugh: