Author Topic: Halloween Costume Party - Join the Costume Parade Here!  (Read 127724 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Halloween Costume Party - Join the Costume Parade Here!
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2010, 10:13:17 pm »
OK, this is weird and frustrating. I just tried to change my avatar for Halloween, and the picture wouldn't load.  >:(

But then, I've been having problems with the site for at least a month now.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2010, 11:10:58 pm »
OK, this is weird and frustrating. I just tried to change my avatar for Halloween, and the picture wouldn't load.  >:(

Must be the Ghost in the Machine.  :o  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2010, 12:56:58 am »
Must be the Ghost in the Machine.  :o  :)
:laugh:
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2010, 08:55:46 pm »

Heya,
OK, so I now have my costume on until Halloween!  ;D

Let me tell you, I'm regretting buying Halloween candy early this year... having all of these Reese's peanut butter cups lying around is a horrible temptation.
 :P

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2010, 11:28:42 pm »

But then, I've been having problems with the site for at least a month now.  >:(

Jeff, did you try different browsers for Bettermost if you were having that problem?  Sometimes that fixes it for me even though it is not the browser in isolation, and certainly not Bettermost itself, which has a problem.  One of my friends was having problems in Facebook ever since her Internet Explorer went to version 8 - broken links, back arrows just going back one or two pages before getting lost and the like.  She tried Firefox and had none of those problems.   It was probably neither IE 8 nor Facebook but those in combination with her settings for them, or in combination with other programs.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2010, 04:15:43 am »

What problems, darlin?

Like Andrew's friend, I had problems after upgrading to IE 8. Anyway, Chuck told me about a little button, and Lee told me the name (so thanks to both! :)). It's the compability button directly to the right of your browerser's address field (if you have IE, that is). It looks like a torn sheet of paper. For me, it fixed the problems.

About the picture loading: there may be a restriction of size for avatar pics (not sure). Maybe shrinking the pic before uploading could help?

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2010, 11:13:18 am »
Interesting, that compatibility button.  I see it on Bettermost.  But when I bring up IE before going to a site, it's not there and was trying to figure out what you have to do to get it.  Apparently IE puts it there only if you go to a site that was created under an earlier version of IE.  And, it is also an option which has to be checked, although the default may be to have it checked.  I right clicked in the Menu Bar/Favorites Bar/Commands Bar area at the top of the window and saw that showing the Compatibility View Button was yet another option which has to be checked.  If it is unchecked it does not show up, even on Bettermost.

Thanks for the information, Chrissi, I will forward it to my friend for her to play with.

That said, the compatibility view is mostly supposed to affect page formatting.  So chances are the Halloween avatar problem was something else, like what you said.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »

Dogs
Looking
Depressed
in
Their
Halloween
Costumes

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/10/dog_halloween_parade.html#photo=17x67331

"Oh Gawd..."

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:54 pm »
 :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I love the Corgie dressed like Queen Elizabeth.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2010, 08:48:57 am »
Heya,
OK, so I now have my costume on until Halloween!  ;D

Let me tell you, I'm regretting buying Halloween candy early this year... having all of these Reese's peanut butter cups lying around is a horrible temptation.
 :P

Yes, but chocolate and peanut butter are major food groups. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.