Author Topic: Halloween Costume Party - Join the Costume Parade Here!  (Read 128672 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Halloween Costume Party - Join the Costume Parade Here!
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2014, 10:20:50 pm »
That's great, Sophia! But do you celebrate Samhain or Halloween, or do you call it something else?

I had to drop by my mom's retirement home so I decided to dress up. I wore some black leggings, a swanky top, pointy-toed shoes and my pointy witch hat. It was a big hit; all the elders had a big smile and/or laugh when they saw me. I took mom my kind of treats: some roses, a book, and a bag of raspberries and some Canadian bacon. I hope she substitutes them for at least some of the candy.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »
Sounds great, Lee!!   Went to the party at my friends' house, stayed there until about 11:30 or so.  :)  Good food, good drinks, lots of talking and laughing.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2014, 08:12:57 am »
Here I am as Grumpy Cat at the bowling league's party last night.

Yes, the hood is pulled over my face, so you could see Grumpy Cat's face.  LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Great costume, Chuck!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2014, 05:36:29 pm »
;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2014, 11:54:56 am »
That's great, Sophia! But do you celebrate Samhain or Halloween, or do you call it something else?

I had to drop by my mom's retirement home so I decided to dress up. I wore some black leggings, a swanky top, pointy-toed shoes and my pointy witch hat. It was a big hit; all the elders had a big smile and/or laugh when they saw me. I took mom my kind of treats: some roses, a book, and a bag of raspberries and some Canadian bacon. I hope she substitutes them for at least some of the candy.

I had never heard about Samhain before so I had to look it up....apparently it is a geltic tradition. In Sweden thou we celebrate Allhelgona...you could compare it to All saints day...which means we put candles on our loved once graves and celebrate our near and dear. But things are changing. For each new year, I think more people are celebrating the anglophile tradition and I can understand why. It sounds much more fun and entertaining.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2014, 12:26:35 pm »

I 'm glad you were such a great success. They appreciated your work. Hopefully next time you can some pictures...