Author Topic: Brokies 'Neath the Full Moon--Central Park Picnic, Sunday June 11  (Read 12461 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Hey, New York area Brokies, on Sunday evenin' we can all smarten up and head over to Central Park for the social!   No fire and brimstone crowd here, though.  Just Brokies chowing down on beans and potato salad and apple pie.  As Alma says, "I think it'd be nice."  :D

So far it's just Jenny (newyearsday) and me, since John Gallagher has a date with a hot nurse that night.  ;)  (We'll paw some white outta the moon for you, John!).  But we're hoping some more of you will come out, like the Buffalo Gals, and dance by the light of the moon with us.  8)

Moonrise is 9:02 pm, so we should count on being there at least as late as 10:00, I think.  How about we meet at an agreed spot (to be determined by PM) and head into the park with our gear at about 6:00?  The sun sets at 8:28, so we'll have plenty of time before we light the symbolic campfire (candles, that is).

Out-of-towners, if you're worried about getting back that night, you might think of staying over with me.  I live not far from the park and have a sofabed that sleeps two, and we can make shift for a couple more, if it comes to that.  My roommate is an incredibly understanding soul and will just step over the bodies on her way to work the next day.  ;)  I don't have to work on Monday, so we could all go out for a hearty cowboy breakfast before heading our separate ways. (And we could watch a certain DVD into the wee hours, too).  8)

So, can y'all join us?  Say "You bet!"   ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Brokies 'Neath the Full Moon--Central Park Picnic, Sunday June 11
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:26:14 pm »
Howcome there are never any get togethers in Utah?  LOL

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:14:01 pm »
Awww, wish I could be there!  :'( That's my birthday, that would be a great way to spend it!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:12:21 pm »
Oboy, I'd come to Utah, Chris!  Just tell me the time and place.  ;D

We'll raise a glass to you, littleguitar, and to the San Francisco Brokies, and John Gallagher, and everybody on Chez Tremblay, and everybody on BetterMost, and Jack, and Ennis, and Annie Proulx, and Ang Lee.......and, well, by then it'll be too late to go up to them sheep, so we'll raise a glass to them, too..... :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:57:44 am »
Hey Meryl and all Northeast area brokies! Come on down to Central Park on Sunday and we'll have ourselves some high class entertainment!

I'll look for a cherry cake recipe, so we can finally offer some real cake 'stead a virtual cake and coffee all a time.

Where's Amy, HobokenJeff, Jeff Wrangler, Fopper, Karl, David, and all the rest of our NY vicinity brokies?

Guess we gotta start PMin' people!

I'm setting up a booth at the Brooklyn Pride festival on Saturday so I'll have some good stories I hope.

And I just got drunk last night with DeeDee, so I'm on a roll here. We had a blast! I'm still recovering. Thanks for a great time talkin and drinkin, D!

See you all for supper Sunday!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 10:11:23 am »
Howcome there are never any get togethers in Utah?  LOL

You just gotta organize one, Chris. Ain't that hard, pick a date, pick a place...brokies are like lemmings, someone will show up!

L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:14:50 pm »
Aww man...that's the weekend I'll be in San Fran....well maybe the next time around!  Have fun yall!

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 03:52:07 pm »
Aww man...that's the weekend I'll be in San Fran....well maybe the next time around!  Have fun yall!

Juan

Darn it!   And I was going to crash at Juans house!    ::)

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 05:47:10 pm »
Oh now he tells me!  Why I oughtta.....  ::)
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 06:24:56 pm »
Stop it! Just stop it right there! Why do you guys always have things like this that I couldn't come to even if I had all the money in the world? Actually more importantly: Why don't I live in the US? I wish more of you would live in Europe, I know we are meeting in September but that is so far away and I want to meet you now damn it. Also if we are doing the Alberta thing that still means I have to wait until next summer cause even if you guys don't come I am still going hell or high-water.
I really want to meet you guys, it is so frustrating!  >:(

But I hope you all have fun....even if it is without me so you wont have as much fun as you would, but I am sure you can live with yourselves. ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline David

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 06:34:35 pm »
Well,  believe it or not, we were talking about this yesterday at lunch.   

Tell you what, we need one central place for ALL Brokies to gather for a big convention.     Not this year.  This will take a year to plan.   We will need to join forces with the other BBM groups.  Mainly the Dave Cullen group.

Goals:  For all of us to get our scrawny asses together where we can see the mountains!   

Requirements:   It must be a big city with a major airport and major hotels.

This rules out Riverton, WY.   Alberta is a choice, but still out of the way for the majority of people.     We were thinking DENVER, Colorado.     Fairly centralized,  lots of Hotels and a huge airport.   Plenty of Country Western appeal.  And a view of the Rockie Mountains that will make you think you are on Brokeback!   

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 08:12:54 pm »
So near yet how so far!

Hey Meryl and Jenny, I'm so sad I can't make the full moon festivities in Central Park, but I'm stuck in the hospital (New York's Lenox Hill, 77th Street and Park, can you believe it!), and I've been told that I can't even eat or drink after Sunday night--I'm thinking I WILL need whiskey after this!

I know you will all have a wonderful time, and I'll look and see if I can see a sliver of the moon out the window. Just one thing--

Are there any male nurses who look any like Jake or Ennis?

Looking forward to the next one--and beyond (in 2007, Alberta, Colorado, Wyoming, wherever you like)!

John
xxxxxxxx
 ;D 
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 08:57:12 pm »
Oh, John, we'll try to arrange for an Ennis or Jake-like nurse to look in  on you!  We'll miss you mightily.  Can't wait for that wonderful Alberta rendezvous!  :-*  :-*  :-*

David, it's all well and good to talk about next year, but what about Sunday?  Are you going to grace us with your presence?  Please say yes!  8)

Juan, I'm so glad you'll be with the West Coast Brokies.  I know you will represent us honorably!  Have a wonderful time!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Hey, Becky, hold on girl!  The time will come when you'll be with us, and then we'll have a right Yeehaw! good time!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 05:34:27 am »

Are there any male nurses who look any like Jake or Ennis?

I have a premonition of a new thread over on Anything Goes..."Just for John: Hot Male Nurses..."

L
xoxo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 10:16:19 am »
Requirements:   It must be a big city with a major airport and major hotels.

This rules out Riverton, WY.   Alberta is a choice, but still out of the way for the majority of people.     We were thinking DENVER, Colorado.     Fairly centralized,  lots of Hotels and a huge airport.   Plenty of Country Western appeal.  And a view of the Rockie Mountains that will make you think you are on Brokeback!   

How about a dude ranch/guest ranch within driving distance of a major airport? Someplace that a big group could take over but be isolated from the rest of the world? How many people are you thinking of... I know one place (though about four hours from a major airport) that can house something like 100, 150 people.

Denver's so... crowded. Sterile. Smoggy. Bad traffic. Can't feel the wind, can't see the rocks there. Conventions there are cheaper than in San Francisco, but still really expensive.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 10:20:58 am »
I'd love love love to do a dude ranch!!

I would sooooo save to do this and even better I'd meet you guys too!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 11:06:48 pm »
Wouldn't it be great? Nakymaton Mel and Kelda have the idea there, I think--wouldn't it be great if Ennis and Jack could open a dude ranch?!

Wait a minute--aren't I getting Alternate Universe fanfic mixed up with (so-called) "reality"--???

Leslie, you got me for a moment--and Meryl was just saying if there were any male nurses who look any like Jake or Ennis for me at the hospital!

So, why DON'T Ennis and think about nursing as a profession, I think they'd be great!

Uh-oh--hmmm. I think the Heparin is a little high again!

Anyway, I DO think a dude ranch is a great idea!

xxxx
John
 ::)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:10:38 pm by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 11:55:53 pm »
Wouldn't it be great? Nakymaton Mel and Kelda have the idea there, I think--wouldn't it be great if Ennis and Jack could open a dude ranch?!

Wait a minute--aren't I getting Alternate Universe fanfic mixed up with (so-called) "reality"--???

Leslie, you got me for a moment--and Meryl was just saying if there were any male nurses who look any like Jake or Ennis for me at the hospital!

So, why DON'T Ennis and think about nursing as a profession, I think they'd be great!

Uh-oh--hmmm. I think the Heparin is a little high again!

Anyway, I DO think a dude ranch is a great idea!

John, it sounds like Heparin has an effect similar to Brokeback Fever!  ;D

I think Jack and Ennis would look very fetching in those scrubs that male nurses wear.  They could flip me over and give me a sponge bath any time.  ;)

Boy howdy, a dude ranch sounds lots more fun than a hotel!  I still think it'd be worth looking into the accommodations near Calgary, though.  They're used to hosting the Calgary Stampede ever summer, which is a huge rodeo, so there would be plenty of places to stay.   We could visit the film locations, too.  8)

Well, it looks like just Jenny and me will be sitting under the full moon this Sunday in the park, unless some more NY Brokies sign up.  C'mon you guys!  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 12:15:06 am »
http://www.kananaskisguestranch.com/accommodations.htm

http://www.tourismcanmore.com/

http://www1.travelalberta.com/Stories/index.cfm?action=display&storyID=180

Have google, will travel. Or something. (Lookit the pictures, ok? Lookit. *drools* Meryl knows what those kinds of pictures do to me.)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 02:04:40 am »
Thanks for those links, mel.  They make me even more eager to head out to Alberta, especially the third one with all the film locations listed.  The mountains ain't bad either!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 04:49:21 am »
Dear John--

I just read this on a nurse bulletin board, thought it would make you smile:

"You remember that horrible song "Where have all the cowboys gone"? They have all become nurses, that's where."

LOL

Leslie
xoxoxo

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 07:00:26 am »
I'd love love love to do a dude ranch!!

I would sooooo save to do this and even better I'd meet you guys too!!

LOVE that idea too! I'm actually planning to take riding lessons again, so that I'll be fit for Alberta (or wherever you plan the big gathering!).

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Brokies Energy Will Be Very High this Weekend
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 09:40:24 am »
HOw did Central Park morph into a dude ranch in Alberta!?! But, anyway, there will be brokie meetings in 3 places in the U.S. this weekend. Latjoreme (Katherine) and I (Lee) will have a Rocky Mountain high meeting on Saturday at high noon, and we'll raise a toast to you guys in SF and NY. For you who are meeting in NY, please wave to my daughter (dubbed Front-Ranger Jr. by Will) who will be passing over about that time on her way to Ireland for her graduation celebration tour and vacation. Thanks!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 09:50:12 am »
HOw did Central Park morph into a dude ranch in Alberta!?! But, anyway, there will be brokie meetings in 3 places in the U.S. this weekend. Latjoreme (Katherine) and I (Lee) will have a Rocky Mountain high meeting on Saturday at high noon, and we'll raise a toast to you guys in SF and NY. For you who are meeting in NY, please wave to my daughter (dubbed Front-Ranger Jr. by Will) who will be passing over about that time on her way to Ireland for her graduation celebration tour and vacation. Thanks!!
LOL--that's what I was thinking Lee! ;D ;D

But hey, I'm glad we are talking about this finally. Me and Becky have been dreaming about Alberta next summer and her parents even agreed to change their travel plans to come in JULY instead of AUGUST since Aug is an unhappy month in our BBM calendar--if that ain't love, what is? So I am still pulling for a Canadian meeting next July, but I love the direction this thread is going nevertheless!

Now as for the Central Park meeting, it might just be me and the high priestess! Meryl, we could get down to some ceremonial business but it would be a little lonely  :'(

Maybe a kay-yote will come to keep us company.  ;)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 09:06:17 am »
Love to everyone tonight in the park, Lenox Hill, dude ranches, and under the full moon.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 10:49:50 am »

Now as for the Central Park meeting, it might just be me and the high priestess! Meryl, we could get down to some ceremonial business but it would be a little lonely  :'(

Maybe a kay-yote will come to keep us company.  ;)

We are, all of us, there in spirit.  I swear.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 11:28:39 am »
I want a full and I mean FULL report when you come back. And pictures, lots of them!

But hey, I'm glad we are talking about this finally. Me and Becky have been dreaming about Alberta next summer and her parents even agreed to change their travel plans to come in JULY instead of AUGUST since Aug is an unhappy month in our BBM calendar--if that ain't love, what is? So I am still pulling for a Canadian meeting next July, but I love the direction this thread is going nevertheless!

Yep that meant alot of begging on my part but they eventually agreed on July. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it for the rodeo as I am still doing exams at that time(exams or trying to spot potential Jack's...I know which one I would prefer) but I have scheduled our holiday so that I don't miss my exams(wouldn't want to do that now, would I?), we are there long enough(although 2weeks doesn't seem long enough to me) and I am back in time to collect my results. We may not be in kananaskis when there is a full moon 30th July, but if you want I can try and jiggle it about a bit.

Anyway sorry I am interupting this thread again, please continue.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 12:01:51 pm »
Elle and Becky, thanks for the good wishes!   :-*

Jenny and I just talked, and we're going to visit John in the hospital this afternoon.  We'll raise a glass or cup of something non-alcoholic to the Brokies out west and all over the world, and to Jack and Ennis, and to the full moon.   8)

We're going to postpone the picnic, however, til John is well enough to join us and we can hopefully get a few more Brokies to come.  Maybe in July, if the army don't get us.  ;)

So from the High Priestess, here's a solemn Yeehaw and three S'alright's for tonight's Feast of the Consummation.  Go ye and have fun!  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 01:55:42 pm »
Excellent ideas forming on this thread ... who knows what could come of it.  I was thinking about inviting everyone to watch BBM projected drive-in movie style on the 40 foot wall of a barn I own near Niagara Falls, but I just found out that the foundation is rotted and the whole building has to come down (UGH, nightmare).   Anyone else have a really big wall?  Picture us around campfires, drinkin' whiskey or whatever, cheering for our heroes .... could happen!  Cheers to all.
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 02:58:58 pm »
We have full moon (in Eastern seaboard) as of 2:03pm--and it will rise over Central Park at 9:02pm and rises tomorrow morning at 5:39am after daylight--

Beautiful!

U.S. Naval Observatory
Astronomical Applications Department

Sun and Moon Data for One Day
The following information is provided for New York, New York (longitude W73.9, latitude N40.7):

Sunday   
        11 June 2006          Eastern Daylight Time         

SUN
        Begin civil twilight       4:51 a.m.                 
        Sunrise                    5:24 a.m.                 
        Sun transit               12:55 p.m.                 
        Sunset                     8:27 p.m.                 
        End civil twilight         9:00 p.m.                 

MOON
        Moonrise                   7:54 p.m. on preceding day
        Moon transit              12:21 a.m.                 
        Moonset                    4:45 a.m.                 
        Moonrise                   9:02 p.m.                 
        Moonset                    5:39 a.m. on following day

Full Moon on 11 June 2006 at 2:03 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

(Can you believe--the 'Powers That Be' just gave me an untethered to the IV for a WHOLE HOUR (my Heparin count was a leetle bit high)--FREEDOM! Moon Power--I believe!)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 03:01:01 pm by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 03:10:07 pm »
U.S. Naval Observatory
Astronomical Applications Department

Sun and Moon Data for One Day
The following information is provided for San Francisco, San Francisco County, California (longitude W122.4, latitude N37.8):

Monday   
        12 June 2006          Pacific Daylight Time         

SUN
        Begin civil twilight       5:16 a.m.                 
        Sunrise                    5:47 a.m.                 
        Sun transit                1:10 p.m.                 
        Sunset                     8:32 p.m.                 
        End civil twilight         9:03 p.m.                 

MOON
        Moonrise                   9:12 p.m. on preceding day
        Moon transit               1:43 a.m.                 
        Moonset                    6:14 a.m.                 
        Moonrise                  10:12 p.m.                 
        Moonset                    7:21 a.m. on following day

Phase of the Moon on 12 June:   waning gibbous with 98% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated.

Full Moon on 11 June 2006 at 11:03 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Census Bureau map of San Francisco area

Have a blast, San Francisco Brokies!  We'll be thinking about you! Yahoo!

"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 03:48:30 pm »
Yeehaw, John!  That's high class entertainment!  8)

So, we'll raise a glass to you San Francisco Brokies at 9:02 p.m. (6:02 p.m. your time) as the moon rises here, and you can raise a glass to us at 10:12 p.m. (1:12 a.m. our time).   That's late for us, but we'll still feel the vibes!  I know I'll probably still be up and online.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 06:41:48 am »
So now it is Monday morning...can we have a report on the event?

Leslie

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 07:43:30 am »

Bugger!!

Can't y'all wait till September?? I'll be in NY in September!!!!

;D ;D
Chut up!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 08:40:52 am »
Bugger!!

Can't y'all wait till September?? I'll be in NY in September!!!!

;D ;D

Maybe if you (we?) asked her really nicely, Meryl would organize another brunch for sometime in September, when you're in New York.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 11:47:18 am »
Good morning, Brokies  ;D

Leslie, Jenny and I didn't go to the park for our picnic.  It was too lonesome without more Brokies to share it, and frankly, it's better to be in a group after dark in Central Park.  ;)  However, we braved the Puerto Rican Day Parade crowds to visit John over on the East Side in the afternoon.  Jenny brought coffee and cherry scones, and we had a wonderful, talky visit.

We listened to Anke's audio report on the Brunch, which John hadn't heard yet; and we met his friend Mark, who, besides being the one who got him to the hospital after his stroke and saved his life, is helping him with all the logistics of his hospital stay.  John is having his procedure today, and he may be home as early as Wednesday.  8)

We're still determined to make the picnic happen, though, and we have our eye on the full moon in July or thereabouts.  Will keep you all updated.  :)

Sheyne, that's fab that you'll be in New York in September!  Can you fit Ray into your suitcase, too?  Of course we'll plan to get together with as many Brokies as can manage to be here.  Just let us know the dates!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 11:54:27 am »
Most definitely!     I'll take the train in again.  I'm sure Jeff will too.    And we will get Juan and whoever else we can find!    Yee Haa!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 02:28:06 pm »
Most definitely!     I'll take the train in again.  I'm sure Jeff will too.    And we will get Juan and whoever else we can find!    Yee Haa!

Sure enough!  ;D

Added: And maybe by then John Gallagher will be able to join us!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 02:48:51 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 05:29:28 pm »
Sure enough!  ;D

Added: And maybe by then John Gallagher will be able to join us!

And who knows, maybe I'll even make the journey from the woods of Maine....

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 11:36:23 am »
And who knows, maybe I'll even make the journey from the woods of Maine....

Make the journey! Make the Journey! Take the risk!

by the way, Leslie, it's high time we started makin plans for a little visit during the weekend after the fourth of July--comin right up!

Jenny