Author Topic: C.S.I: Anything and Everything!  (Read 241578 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: C.S.I: Anything and Everything!
« Reply #290 on: January 19, 2007, 09:54:15 am »
OK, Gil Grissom needs to watch his back.

Mike Keppler proves that no one is indispensable.

(Besides which, I could just sit and listen to Liev Schreiber read the phone book. Damn, the man's got a helluva set of pipes.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2007, 11:47:40 am »
I have no idea who this Schreiber guy is.  What's he done?
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #292 on: January 19, 2007, 12:08:34 pm »
I have no idea who this Schreiber guy is.  What's he done?

He is mainly known as a stage actor. According to an article on him in this morning's Metro, last year the New York Times called him "the foremost Shakespearean actor of his generation in America." I'm pretty sure he's done Hamlet in Hamlet in New York, and I have a vague memory of reading that he's done Iago in Othello, but I shouldn't swear to either.

I also recognize the voice, the deep, silky tones, from documentary voice-overs--stuff you see on the History Channel, and so forth.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Momof2

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • BLISS
« Reply #293 on: January 19, 2007, 02:20:42 pm »
He was in the Omen and is/was dating Naomi Watts, who dated Heath at one time.  I have seen him a couple of things.
I wish I knew how to quit you.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #294 on: January 19, 2007, 02:28:34 pm »
Here's a link to Liev Schreiber's entry at IMDb.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000630/

He's done more film work than I realized.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #295 on: January 19, 2007, 02:34:42 pm »
Keppler is awesome and great to look at too ..  8)..

..but..

I miss Grissom!  :)
I'll get over it though!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #296 on: January 19, 2007, 02:41:44 pm »
Nicky and Griss Share a Moment ..   ;)
(cheers to the csi-caps site !)

That last picture cracks me up!  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #297 on: January 19, 2007, 03:00:15 pm »
"Stop hugging me!"  ;D  :laugh:

(I doubt they could have picked a better substitute while Grissom is away. That voice. I could listen to Liev Schreiber read the phone book.  :) )

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2007, 06:15:04 am »
PLEASE somebody tell me. What happens to Grissom. Why is he been replaced by Lieve Schreiber? I'm a CSI fan but in Spain the show is about two seasons behind and I can't wait to find out. Did William Peterson leave the show? If you don't want to spoil it for the others, pm but do tell me PLEASE  :-*
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2007, 10:07:13 am »
PLEASE somebody tell me. What happens to Grissom. Why is he been replaced by Lieve Schreiber? I'm a CSI fan but in Spain the show is about two seasons behind and I can't wait to find out. Did William Peterson leave the show? If you don't want to spoil it for the others, pm but do tell me PLEASE  :-*

Relax, Little Darlin'! I don't think this counts as a "spoiler" because it's been well publicized in the States in TV Guide magazine. Billy Peterson was allowed to take time off--sort of a sabbatical, just like Grissom--to do a stage play. The plot device is that Grissom was permitted to take a sabbatical from his job to teach a course, I think in entomology, at Williams College. He's only supposed to be away for something like three or four episodes.

I think I remember Catherine saying Liev Schreiber's character has been hired to be in charge of a different shift of C.S.I.s, but he's working with Catherine to get acclimated to the job.