Author Topic: C.S.I: Anything and Everything!  (Read 240706 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: C.S.I: Anything and Everything!
« Reply #540 on: November 12, 2010, 02:19:29 pm »
Well, I had a good laugh watching last night's (11/11/10) episode.

The C.S.I.s were investigating the death of a man named Walter Burns, which had something to do with water being polluted by a company that was drilling for natural gas. The deceased, Walter Burns, was working with a newspaper editor named Rosalind Johnson.

Well, like a good fan of cinema screwball comedy, I immediately recognized Walter Burns as the name of the conniving newspaper editor played by Cary Grant in the wonderful movie His Girl Friday (1940). Moreover, the exwife and nemesis of Grant's character, the ace reporter Hildy Johnson, was played by Rosalind Russell.  ;D

Here's a link to the IMDb entry for His Girl Friday:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032599/

Of course, His Girl Friday was in turn based on the stage play The Front Page, by Charles MacArthur (father of James "Danno" MacArthur) and Ben Hecht. In the play, Burns and Johnson are both men.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:27:08 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #541 on: April 01, 2011, 10:52:06 am »
OK, seriously, this is NOT an April Fool's joke.

I was out of the room at the conclusion of last night's episode, when they ran the promo for next week's episode. I could hear the TV--sort of--but I couldn't see it. Swear to God I heard some voice-over say Lady Heather is back next week!  :o

Of course, she won't be interacting with Grissom  :(  --at least I presume not--though it might be interesting to watch her interact with Sara  ;D but any reappearance of Lady Heather is a Good Thing.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #542 on: April 06, 2011, 09:09:17 am »
Lady Heather is definitely back!  :D  Tonight!  :D

And she is now Dr. Heather Kessler!  :D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #543 on: September 29, 2011, 09:05:02 am »
Well, I guess I've given up on C.S.I.  :-\

It's now airing opposite Law & Order: SVU, and it seems I'm sticking with SVU. I had to check out SVU, and I've been very impressed with the first two episodes of this season. I like the way they've been handling Chris Meloni's departure from the series, and I love the way Mariska Hargitay now seems to be the star. Plus, they've added the hot-hot-hot Danny Pino as Det. Nick Amaro, Eliot Stabler's replacement. (I used to watch Cold Case just for Danny Pino.  ::) )

Maybe I'll catch C.S.I. in reruns, but for now it appears to be, "Good-bye, old friend. It's been a good run."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #544 on: January 25, 2012, 02:33:25 pm »
I believe tonight is the broadcast of Marg Helgenberger's last episode of C.S.I.

:'(

It's difficult watching this show die a slow death. I think they made a big mistake when they tried to bring in another alpha male to replace Grissom (who, of course, was irreplaceable). The show has lacked a "center" ever since Billy Peterson left. They should have made Catherine the "center."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #545 on: November 15, 2012, 03:17:23 pm »
George Eads is ... getting fat.  :(

I realized this watching last night's episode.

Well, we're all getting older. ...  :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #546 on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:42 pm »
So, tonight was the series-ending two-hour special of C.S.I.

Grissom was back--and so was Lady Heather!

Ted Danson and his character are moving over to C.S.I. Cyber with former Medium Patricia Arquette.