Author Topic: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! The World of Soccer  (Read 101619 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2006, 03:31:44 am »

Keep in mind, I have nothing against the French people. Only against its government and cup team.

Everybody knows football is an opportunity to make statements about peoples. And I did read you against the French people, back in our IMDb days. But let's stop here.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 07:09:24 am by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2006, 03:32:20 am »
And, uh... do I have a dirty mind, or do you see the same as I do when you look at Henry's shorts? :P
(Do football players wear some sort of protection there, and could it have slipped sideways in all this running after the ball?)

Which one is Henry? Oh wait... never mind... I see him! :)

He looks good too! ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Giancarlo

« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2006, 03:33:10 am »
Everybody knows football is a way of making statements about peoples. And I did read you against the French people, back in our IMDb days. But let's stop here.

Okay.. so if I don't like the French team I don't like the French people?  ::)

Well you read incorrectly. I am only against the French government. Afterall, I never seen a government neglect a large portion of its population so badly in a developed country.

I guess you guys just go with the forum bandwagon. Too bad for you... not my fault you appreciate a penalty kick victory over two awesome high flying Italian goals made against Germany.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2006, 03:35:58 am »
HOW DISGRACEFUL.

Why do you people hate the Italian team so much?

Giancarlo! Now you know me better than that!

I don't hate the Italian team at all. But I am part French, so naturally I am going to cheer for them!

But I have some Italian friends too. If Italy wins I will be very happy for them.

I do wish the Netherlands was still in it though! :(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #214 on: July 06, 2006, 03:39:54 am »
Gian, I happen to read English as well as I write it and speak it, and yes, you did write you do not like the French (as a Spaniard, I remember you said). I'd find it just as offensive if you'd stated the same about "THE" Swiss, or "THE" Belgians, or "THE" Peruvians...

So yes, we are enjoying our penalty victory, and Bartez is a bloody fantastic goal keeper anyway. :)
" - I'm vegan now."

Giancarlo

« Reply #215 on: July 06, 2006, 03:41:30 am »
Gian, I happen to read English as well as I write it and speak it, and yes, you did write you do not like the French (as a Spaniard, I remember you said). I'd find it just as offensive if you'd stated the same about "THE" Swiss, or "THE" Belgians, or "THE" Peruvians...

So yes, we are enjoying our penalty victory, and Bartez is a bloody fantastic goal keeper anyway. :)

Incorrect. I never said such a thing. I said I do not like the French government. THE government.

Your penalty kick victory was rather weak, and your team was disorganized and all over the place. Really, Italy has a lot more going for it. Say how many goals have teams made against Italy so far (discounting that disaster own goal)? ZERO.

The way Portugal and France played was disgraceful and awful. I thought it was supposed to be a semi-final game.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2006, 03:56:35 am »
There really is no point arguing with you Gian, you just will not admit to one tiny mistake, but still see plenty in others.

The Portuguese goal keeper was not in great shape though, I still say  ;).
" - I'm vegan now."

Giancarlo

« Reply #217 on: July 06, 2006, 03:58:13 am »
There really is no point arguing with you Gian, you just will not admit to one tiny mistake, but still see plenty in others.

The Portuguese goal keeper was not in great shape though, I still say  ;).

I'm not xenophobic. And I will never admit that I said I hate or dislike the french people. I'm sorry but I just don't like being accused of such things.

France really struggled against Portugal.

I was actually fearing Portugal versus Italy more, then France versus Italy. France just got lucky with one penalty kick.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #218 on: July 06, 2006, 06:10:01 am »
And, uh... do I have a dirty mind, or do you see the same as I do when you look at Henry's shorts? :P
(Do football players wear some sort of protection there, and could it have slipped sideways in all this running after the ball?)

Haha! Isabelle, I thought the same thing when I posted that picture. Well, I guess success is just sexy, hunh?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2006, 07:08:38 am »
Well, I guess success is just sexy, hunh?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh definitely! You should see ME today, with that success by proxy (and after seeing this pic of Henry!) :laugh:
" - I'm vegan now."