Author Topic: Lead Me to Your Door by marakeshsparrow  (Read 63888 times)

Offline jmstwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Lead Me to Your Door by marakeshsparrow
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2007, 04:03:16 pm »
Oh it's a long read, but worth it I guess

Oh yeah! Very Well worth the long read! I read it to my partner during the holidays while he was driving. As I've mentioned in other posts, I think this is the best fanfic, it touched me deeply and continues to do so.

Jim

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2007, 04:10:02 pm »
Oh it's a long read, but worth it I guess

Oh yeah! Very Well worth the long read! I read it to my partner during the holidays while he was driving. As I've mentioned in other posts, I think this is the best fanfic, it touched me deeply and continues to do so.

Jim

It's almost a little bit your story, isn't it, Jim? I thought of you as I read it, especially the epilogue.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline jmstwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2007, 04:22:19 pm »
It's almost a little bit your story, isn't it, Jim? I thought of you as I read it, especially the epilogue.

Leslie

Yeah, I'm still not believing the whole Brokeback phenomenon, when my co-worker first dragged me to the movies to see it, and then finding out about LMtYD, it was like reading a book about reading a book about a portion of my life with a few twists. When I found the name Twist in print, as you can imagine it really grabbed me, nevermind mentioning the gay under current.  I was fortunate like Jack in Jess's story, I got to meet and fall in love with the guy heaven intended me to have!

Jim

mvansand76

« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2007, 04:30:57 pm »

Yeah, I'm still not believing the whole Brokeback phenomenon, when my co-worker first dragged me to the movies to see it, and then finding out about LMtYD, it was like reading a book about reading a book about a portion of my life with a few twists. When I found the name Twist in print, as you can imagine it really grabbed me, nevermind mentioning the gay under current.  I was fortunate like Jack in Jess's story, I got to meet and fall in love with the guy heaven intended me to have!

Jim

Oh welcome back Jim, so good to see you here again, you've been away for a while, haven't you?

Offline jmstwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2007, 04:36:49 pm »
Oh welcome back Jim, so good to see you here again, you've been away for a while, haven't you?

Hi, yeah, life has a way of keeping you well entertained!  I'm having a slow day at work and thought to check out Bettermost and visited my favorite threads here.  Thanks for the welcome back.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2007, 02:02:43 pm »
THANK YOU girls for kicking my butt and dragging me out from under the bed!!  ;D This story truly is wonderful and special and so so different. I love it so far, only up to chapter 4 but will probably read straight through this evening  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2007, 04:35:36 pm »
THANK YOU girls for kicking my butt and dragging me out from under the bed!!  ;D This story truly is wonderful and special and so so different. I love it so far, only up to chapter 4 but will probably read straight through this evening  :)

I can't believe you haven't read it till now. The girls were right kickin' you about it  ;).
How lucky you are to be able to read it without marakesch's darned cliffhangers. I remember how good they were - and how frustrating sometimes. Queen of cliffs - she sure deserved that title. So be warned, this could be a verrrry long night for you  ;).
LMTYD is definitely one of the best stories out there IMO.

Have fun  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2007, 05:51:50 pm »
I can't believe you haven't read it till now. The girls were right kickin' you about it  ;).
How lucky you are to be able to read it without marakesch's darned cliffhangers. I remember how good they were - and how frustrating sometimes. Queen of cliffs - she sure deserved that title. So be warned, this could be a verrrry long night for you  ;).
LMTYD is definitely one of the best stories out there IMO.

Have fun  :)

LOL! Yeah ~ I can't believe myself for being so stupid either  ::) And I'm just so HAPPY and GRATEFUL that I've FINALLY read it all *SIGH* it was everything and so so much more everybody had been telling me about it. Just SO WONDERFUL and BRILLIANT and AMAZING and CLEVER and BEAUTIFUL  :) *sighs again* I deserve all the kicks I got for not reading till now!!  :D And indeed, how lucky was I for just being able to read straight through! Jesus! those cliffhangers were awful!

Yeah ~ most definitely one of the best stories out there  :) I LOVED it to death  :) *warm happy glow*  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2007, 06:00:53 pm »
LOL! Yeah ~ I can't believe myself for being so stupid either  ::) And I'm just so HAPPY and GRATEFUL that I've FINALLY read it all *SIGH* it was everything and so so much more everybody had been telling me about it. Just SO WONDERFUL and BRILLIANT and AMAZING and CLEVER and BEAUTIFUL  :) *sighs again* I deserve all the kicks I got for not reading till now!!  :D And indeed, how lucky was I for just being able to read straight through! Jesus! those cliffhangers were awful!

Yeah ~ most definitely one of the best stories out there  :) I LOVED it to death  :) *warm happy glow*  :)

Yeeeeeeh you did it June!  :-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2007, 06:26:19 pm »
Yeeeeeeh you did it June!  :-*

LOL Mel! Thanks for encouraging me! Sometimes I really need that!  ::)

:-*