Author Topic: Is it back???? Time again for moustaches?  (Read 11512 times)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Re: Is it back???? Time again for moustaches?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 02:30:11 am »
Gettin' back to the topic of "staches"...   Since the movie, I grew one, a long "Poncho Villa stache" and someone actually said I look like a cowboy now... 

HMMMMMMMMMMMM... Now why don't I wonder why!  Hollywood!     
But I've noted a lot of men wearing face hair lately.  I think it's a trend right now.

Rayn

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 02:31:23 am »

Annie said she thought Jake was "too pretty" for the part. If you've read the book, you know he is,
but I don't mind that at all!   ;)

Rayn

Rayn.. I agree! I don't mind either. But if Hollywood HAD picked someone more exact to Annie Proulx character... I wonder who on earth they would have picked?

I wonder.... :o
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 02:53:15 am »
How about ...

Tim Blake Nelson ("Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"). He's how I kind of picture Story Jack. Still trying to think of a Story Ennis, though. Any ideas?

Like you, Rayn and David, I have no complaints about the casting choices they made.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:01:25 am by latjoreme »

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 01:17:49 pm »
if Hollywood HAD picked someone more exact to Annie Proulx character... I wonder who on earth they would have picked?  I wonder.... :o

I don' know...   I mean, in the book, Jack is kinda homely, buck teeth and all.  It's not until later, when he comes into money through marriage, that he changes his looks to something "better".   The interesting thing is, after Jack's death, when Ennis dreams of him, he dreams of how he was when they first met, not the "improved Jack", but Jack just as he was naturally.  That's sweet. 

Hollywood doesn't do homely too well, does it?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 11:51:28 pm »
I don' know...   I mean, in the book, Jack is kinda homely, buck teeth and all.  It's not until later, when he comes into money through marriage, that he changes his looks to something "better".   The interesting thing is, after Jack's death, when Ennis dreams of him, he dreams of how he was when they first met, not the "improved Jack", but Jack just as he was naturally.  That's sweet. 

Hollywood doesn't do homely too well, does it?

I agree with  you Rayn. They really don't unless it is absolutely neccessary to the story line I suppose. I alway thought Sissy Spacek look really cute in "Coalminer's Daughter". But, this homely look was vital to the storyline. But just like somebody pointed out earlier,  Jake sure did look good playing Jack. :)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 11:34:15 am »
I think they do kind of imply that in the last scene -- that quick shot of them together in the tent -- and I am glad that shot made it into the movie. Still, I wish it had been a little more, um, intense.

OMG! I so agree with you, latjoreme. I think we had agreed on this before. I only wish I would have seen more .... sigh.

As for that moustache .... I remember the 70's a bit too well. You know, the whole Burt Reynolds thing with the moustache and the hairy chest? I was in jr. high school when "Smokey and the Bandit" came out and I thought he was totally hot. Have times changed! I am not crazy about too much facial hair (or chest hair, for that matter) ... it's too painful and kind of ticklish at the same time. It's difficult to kiss. Of course ... I don't know what it would be like for a man to kiss a man with all that hair. Can any of you enlighten me?  ::)
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 11:46:12 pm »
OMG! I so agree with you, latjoreme. I think we had agreed on this before. I only wish I would have seen more .... sigh.

As for that moustache .... I remember the 70's a bit too well. You know, the whole Burt Reynolds thing with the moustache and the hairy chest? I was in jr. high school when "Smokey and the Bandit" came out and I thought he was totally hot. Have times changed! I am not crazy about too much facial hair (or chest hair, for that matter) ... it's too painful and kind of ticklish at the same time. It's difficult to kiss. Of course ... I don't know what it would be like for a man to kiss a man with all that hair. Can any of you enlighten me?  ::)

Diane - I remember Smokey and the Bandit too. I was a sophmore in high school. They sold posters of Burt Reynolds everywhere after that movie was released. I know this for a fact because I bought a bunch of them! Yes, he was certainly considered a sex god back then. I still think a moustache looks good on a guy; just as long as I don't have to kiss it. They tickle my face too much! ;)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 09:24:52 am »
I still think a moustache looks good on a guy; just as long as I don't have to kiss it. They tickle my face too much! ;)

Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks moustaches are ticklish.
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 02:47:05 am »
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks moustaches are ticklish.

Nope! You're certainly not the only one. :D

It's embarrassing too. I hate it when I have to sneeze as I am kissing someone with a moustache. :P

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 03:30:34 am »

Gotta say, I'm not a fan of facial hair, period. I don't like the look or the feel.

Nup, not even on Jake G..

*ducks avalanches of rotten tomatoes*
Chut up!