Author Topic: David's "What Is It" For September (Part 4) ** ANSWER POSTED!! **  (Read 36460 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: David's "What Is It" For September (Part 4) ** ANSWER POSTED!! **
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2008, 03:13:10 am »
Well, all these stories about our injured animals, might be OT, but there are some lovely stories, that not only show the survival abilities of animals, but the caring of people who give them another chance, regardless of their disablities. Something that seems to be passed on from generation to generation.

I've always felt bad about being scared of that cat being the animal lover I am today. But I couldn't help it. That cat was really scary to a youngster. And I credit Mom and Dad for trying to save him. It worked for awhile, but like I said he ended up dying. I think he was 8 when he passed away. :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2008, 03:34:32 am »
I've always felt bad about being scared of that cat being the animal lover I am today. But I couldn't help it. That cat was really scary to a youngster. And I credit Mom and Dad for trying to save him. It worked for awhile, but like I said he ended up dying. I think he was 8 when he passed away. :(

Maybe he knew you were scared of him, and tried to reassure you, that he was OK, by coming up onto your bed......or maybe he just tried to scare you even more...... :laugh:
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2008, 03:38:29 am »
Hey David, Ive often noticed you are here at this time.....late afternoon here in Oz and most everyone over there in USA is sound asleep.

Do you work shift work, or do you just stay up late?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2008, 03:39:29 am »
Maybe he knew you were scared of him, and tried to reassure you, that he was OK, by coming up onto your bed......or maybe he just tried to scare you even more...... :laugh:

Hmmm..... maybe...... :-\

:laugh:

God, now I can't stop thinking about it! :P

Muffin is one of my worst childhood memories. >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2008, 03:43:17 am »
Hey David, Ive often noticed you are here at this time.....late afternoon here in Oz and most everyone over there in USA is sound asleep.

Do you work shift work, or do you just stay up late?

My Dad is sick and I stay with him during the week. Fortunately my employer lets me work from home so I can keep an eye on him. So often times I'm up working late. I minimize Bettermost and if a new post comes through on a thread I've marked, I expand it and take a look. :)

I cat nap mostly Sue. I'll sleep for about 2 or 3 hours, get up to let Cody out, do some work and then lay down again around 10:00 am once Dad is up, had breakfast and is comfortable. Then I'm up again sometime after 1:00 pm. :)

Offline Katie77

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2008, 04:00:25 am »
My Dad is sick and I stay with him during the week. Fortunately my employer lets me work from home so I can keep an eye on him. So often times I'm up working late. I minimize Bettermost and if a new post comes through on a thread I've marked, I expand it and take a look. :)

I cat nap mostly Sue. I'll sleep for about 2 or 3 hours, get up to let Cody out, do some work and then lay down again around 10:00 am once Dad is up, had breakfast and is comfortable. Then I'm up again sometime after 1:00 pm. :)

Oh, I am so sorry your Dad is sick. He is fortunate to have someone like you there to look after him, and you too fortunate that your employer lets you work from home.......once again, another case of how hardship can be overcome by caring people.