Author Topic: Friends... Romans... Tremblayans... it's cool, I'm calm, just a note on invites.  (Read 10352 times)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Just feel like saying: I shall invite no one without talking to Elle or Yaad.

I miss the three grey cats.  I'd put a few up here right now.

JeffWrangler... which Jeff are you?

I'll check the directory for your city.  Hee hee.

Sssss/Hhhhh

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
I know we all have a lot of concerns about this sparkling new place becoming polluted, but I have to stand up and say I'm with Leslie on this one.  We've all been so spooked by what's happened, I don't think anybody's inviting anyone who isn't an Old Hand (Old Paw in Henrypie's case).  I certainly am not taking any chances. 

I do have to admit to being a bit leery of the idea of getting permission from anyone to issue invites.  I mean to cast no slurs on Elle and Yad, who have done such a stellar job of leading the way.  But we're all grown-ups.  We can exercise good judgement, especially for the next little while.  If anyone is in doubt, propose a prospective Tremblayer, and we'll have a little peer review.

Speaking as the Poli Sci student, I guess I'm saying I'd prefer direct democracy rather than representative government.  We're all friends here, and I'm sure everyone will be careful.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Tremblayan Government
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 12:39:49 am »
LOL, I'm with you, Celeste!
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Invitations
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2006, 12:57:16 am »
OK - updated thought on this.  This is not my site.  We have a creator and uber-moderator in Phil, and he's wonderful.  This space has been lent to us out of his generosity and is all of ours to use carefully and responsibly and the folks here are the kind who will do that.

Please invite absolutely anyone as long as you know and trust them for certain.  They can have posted at CT or IMDb or anywhere else, but please, please, please just make sure they are a friend.  The count of who has been invited has been completely lost even from me.

ENJOY!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
I'm way behind, just found this.

First off, thank you David, my 20 year old friend, for suggesting I be a board mother.  While it might seem appropriate for me to be your board mother, I think our 52 year old friend and 62 year old friend might feel differently.

Here's what I want re who to invite: I want us all to invite anyone we want as long as -

a) they have a LONG posting history, where they actually show they saw the movie, not just "I saw two cowboys today and it made me think of Brokeback Mountain."

And b) you really want them here.

I invited about 40 people today, and would have invited more, but I knew one or another person was inviting them. I don't perceive that I was doing it in an official capacity, I did it just because I wanted those people here and thought they would love it.  (And it took a long time, with the "have to wait 90 seconds between PMs" at IMDb.)

Invite any LONGTIMERS you WANT, I say.

Love,

Clarissa

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Perhaps you two could post who you have already invited and we could all PM you with suggestions and links to their IMDB profiles for you to check out yourself?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

Hi Kelda, it would be shorter to say that almost everyone I invited is here now, except (as far as I know):

Tremblayans move on    You-Bet    Thu Mar 30 2006 21:48:26
Tremblayans move on    sunmoonstars-1    Thu Mar 30 2006 21:46:16
Tremblayans move on    Shuggy    Thu Mar 30 2006 21:39:11
Tremblayans move on    sfulk    Thu Mar 30 2006 21:31:18
Tremblayans move on    naun    Thu Mar 30 2006 21:17:14
Tremblayans move on    Rontrigger    Thu Mar 30 2006 21:12:06
Tremblayans move on    mlewisusc    Thu Mar 30 2006 20:45:17
Tremblayans move on    momoro    Thu Mar 30 2006 20:15:15
Tremblayans move on    lucise    Thu Mar 30 2006 20:03:47
Tremblayans move on    bkamberger    Thu Mar 30 2006 18:35:01
Tremblayans move on    jshane2002    Thu Mar 30 2006 17:51:37
Tremblayans move on    HobokenJeff    Thu Mar 30 2006 17:45:17
Tremblayans move on    EnnisLovesJack    Thu Mar 30 2006 17:24:39
Tremblay next steps    NYCx    Tue Mar 28 2006 19:32:01
Tremblay next steps    amy7769    Mon Mar 27 2006 22:23:28
Tremblay next steps    jeffhanna3    Mon Mar 27 2006 17:45:01

TheStudDuck

I'm pretty sure Shuggy is here... when I was lurking a while back, up in my top right corner it said... "Latest Member: Shuggy"

So if that accounts for anything...