Author Topic: My Dad is gone.  (Read 9372 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: My Dad is gone.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 04:25:17 am »
Hey Barb, big hug to you and your son.  I remember nice stories you told about your dad and was it bonfires?

retropian

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 04:47:16 am »
I'm very sorry for your loss Barb.
Ian

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 06:12:36 am »
My thoughts are with you, Barb. And September's almost over.

Hugs,

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 08:42:49 am »
Im sorry for your loss Barb.  Both my parents have passed away.  Grief is a process and over time, your pain gets lessened

{{{{{{{Barb}}}}}}}

Dev

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 11:12:22 am »
I can only reiterate what others have said.I know how Bettermost helps at times like this. Peace is a state we all try and aim for. No need to feel guilty that your dad has found that peace, and that in doing so has given you some peace through relief.
No caring and loving child ever wants their parents to die, but then neither do they want them to be suffering and gradualy losing everything that made them who they are.
So no guilt.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 11:19:03 am »
Barb, I'm so sorry. ...  :'(

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 12:46:50 pm »
I'm so very sorry for your loss.  My condolences to you and your family.  I think anyone who has been through a similar experience understands your feeling of relief.  It's not cold at all; in fact, quite the opposite.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 01:40:48 pm »
Barb, thank you for sharing this sad news with us, so we can try to help you get through this pain.  I lost my dad to cancer 22 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day ago.  Today, my dear mom turned 80 years old, but she is in a nursing home, on her deathbed, we're told, with 6 kinds of cancer, including the brain, which seems to really take its toll the most.  I feel for you and your family, and please, like others here have said, do not beat yourself up for your relief.  When my mom passes in the next few days, I too will feel relief first, that she is no longer in pain and just a mere shadow of her self.  I am certain that relief is all that she wants right now, and is praying for it.  All the best from one Brokie to another in grief.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 02:37:16 pm »
Oh, Barb, I'm so sorry to hear this. And I do understand the sense of relief. Grief can be an overwhelming feeling. Please don't feel guilty for feeling the way you do. It's clear from your post that you cared deeply about your father. Take it one day at a time. The happy memories will come back, eventually.

Big hugs to you!

And big hugs to all brokies who've had to say goodbye to a loved one or are in the process of doing so.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 03:45:03 pm »
Oh Barb, I'm so sorry I didn't know.  :-\

You don't sound cold at all.

I'm sending my love and thoughts to you and the whole family just now.

I'm so glad the bettermost family is there for all those going through troubling times at home.

:-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/