Author Topic: OT: Kind of bad news for Zodiac/Jake fans...  (Read 11555 times)

slayers_creek_oth

OT: Kind of bad news for Zodiac/Jake fans...
« on: June 12, 2006, 04:44:42 pm »
I recieved an email today telling me that Zodiac's original release date of 11/22/06 has now been pushed back to 1/19/07 for unknown reasons...that will remain its scheduled run date until further notice...Paramount gave no reasons...

I was kinda bummed...  :'(

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: OT: Kind of bad news for Zodiac/Jake fans...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 04:50:23 pm »
If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it Chris!
It'll be ok, don't worry!  :P

When I saw "bad news" - I thought Jake was off the project or something!
Phewwww...!  ;D

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 04:52:36 pm »
When I saw "bad news" - I thought Jake was off the project or something!
Phewwww...!  ;D

Oh no...thats why I said kind of bad news!  LOL  That would have been really bad news...

The project is done...he finished filming it...so it would be hard to back out now!  Its in post-production...which is why it baffles me that they are pushing it back so far....oh well!  What can you do?

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 04:58:16 pm »
I recieved an email today telling me that Zodiac's original release date of 11/22/06 has now been pushed back to 1/19/07 for unknown reasons...that will remain its scheduled run date until further notice...Paramount gave no reasons...

I was kinda bummed...  :'(

Bummed?  You think I'm bummed?  I'm not bummed.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 04:59:30 pm »

Bummed?  You think I'm bummed?  I'm not bummed.

OK.....LOL

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 05:00:41 pm »
Damn it! God that means we won't get it over here until about Feburary or even worse March! Which means not in time for the BAFTAs, which means no me and Jake sharing the same square and most importantly: no wet Jake this year. :'(

I hope it is in time for the Oscars though, cause it has already been getting Oscar buffs.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:08:17 pm »
I hope it is in time for the Oscars though, cause it has already been getting Oscar buffs.

Thats another thing that shocks me...they aren't releasing it intime for the 06/07 Oscars!  And you're right - it has been getting lots of Oscar buzz already!  My distributor expected it to be this generations The Silence of the Lambs....kinda strange!

We're talkin about studios though and they have already changed its date 3 times...so this may not be set in stone yet..

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:09:07 pm »
NO!!!! Damn, november was already too long a wait....  :-\

I guess it could be worse, thanks for letting us know!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 05:10:34 pm »
Thats another thing that shocks me...they aren't releasing it intime for the 06/07 Oscars!  And you're right - it has been getting lots of Oscar buzz already!  My distributor expected it to be this generations The Silence of the Lambs....kinda strange!

We're talkin about studios though and they have already changed its date 3 times...so this may not be set in stone yet..

It isn't in time for the oscars?? no way... I mean, we all know after this year that the oscars are a sham anyway, but still, I was excited that Jake might have another chance.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 05:14:06 pm »
It isn't in time for the oscars?? no way... I mean, we all know after this year that the oscars are a sham anyway, but still, I was excited that Jake might have another chance.

NOPE...because its being released in 2007...so it will be eligible for the 07/08 Oscars in a year and a half...but not the ones coming up in February....

It was originally being release in November...right at the beginning of the Oscar seaons for that reason...but I'm not sure what the motivation is now...doesn't make sense to me...