Author Topic: OT: Kind of bad news for Zodiac/Jake fans...  (Read 11551 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: OT: Kind of bad news for Zodiac/Jake fans...
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 03:27:35 pm »
That's still odd as that's when movies like BBM opened nationwide, in the first week of January. Of course, they'd already had their premiere in the coastal cities in December to make it to the Oscars.  Then again, did they think a movie about a serial killer isn't exactly the perfect holiday movie?  Oh well, they put up Christmas tree decorations in some rather grim films, Die Hard, to let you know it's still December.

There was alot of buzz about ALL THE KING'S MEN, but that got pushed back to this year. I was interested because it was a remake of a movie that already won best picture. How often does that happen, a remake of a film that's already received top awards. A glut of political films last December, maybe they thought better to wait.

slayers_creek_oth

Re: OT: Kind of bad news for Zodiac/Jake fans...
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 03:29:19 pm »
That's still odd as that's when movies like BBM opened nationwide, in the first week of January. Of course, they'd already had their premiere in the coastal cities in December to make it to the Oscars.  Then again, did they think a movie about a serial killer isn't exactly the perfect holiday movie?  Oh well, they put up Christmas tree decorations in some rather grim films, Die Hard, to let you know it's still December.

There was alot of buzz about ALL THE KING'S MEN, but that got pushed back to this year. I was interested because it was a remake of a movie that already won best picture. How often does that happen, a remake of a film that's already received top awards. A glut of political films last December, maybe they thought better to wait.

Yeah...you can probably bet that this years Oscars are gonna be filled with blockbusters and 'fun' films...after the ratings slipped last years with the politically driven noms...