Author Topic: How long were you on the IMDb boards?  (Read 15402 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Re: How long were you on the IMDb boards?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 02:11:40 am »
What was your screen name on IMDb Phillip?  I'm tryin to remember if I remember you...

Was it Phillip?   :)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 02:14:34 am »
What was your screen name on IMDb Phillip?  I'm tryin to remember if I remember you...

Was it Phillip?   :)

Almost as creative... it was dampier, my last name.  I suck at handles, what can I say.  I started my involvement by launching a computer bulletin board back in 1986 and have been involved in this online communications thing ever since.  Except my handle has always been my real name.  I suppose deep down I see more built-in credibility when someone puts their name on something they write.  Yeah, that's the best excuse I can come up with for having zero creativity in the handle department.  :)

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 02:16:11 am »
ROFL.....hey makes things simple and cuts down on confusion right?  ;D

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 02:36:48 am »
My IMDb profile says I registered last July, but I don't even remember that. I started posting on the BBM board after seeing it in January, then I moved to the Tremblay board after getting an invite (I think that was only a few days after it was started).

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 03:22:46 am »
I started on IMDB right after seeing BBM for the first time. that was mid December. Have been going there everyday since.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 12:06:13 am »
I started IMDB around Dec. 20th.  The (legit) posts were real helpful in dealing with all the emotions and questions about the film.  Could have done without the trolls, but if you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 12:31:16 am »
I started on IMDb for the movie 'Alexander'.  That was early in 2005, I don't recall what month.  February maybe?

I was there very ferociously for a few months, then I had to go onto my other fandoms;  the last Star Wars movie came out in May and I was on TF.net for the entire summer, then in the fall, I went to another board for another interest, then in November, I think it was, I saw a trailer for BBM, got all bent out of shape and hit IMBd running full throttle.

I still visit there.  Went to the 'DaVinci Code' boards, but they're crazier than the BBM boards.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 01:22:42 am »
I remember going to IMDb (before I knew about the message boards I think) back in the late 90's, to look at actors' filmographies and biographies....but it wasn't until I saw Before Sunrise last year that I began to really read message boards. I stayed up a few nights reading the boards for both Before Sunrise and Before Sunset (two of my favorites) but it never got "out of hand" so to speak.

Then I saw Brokeback opening night on December 9th, talked about it with my friend for an hour and a half, got up the next day and spent the whole weekend on IMDb, seeing names like dellaluvia, rtprod, slayers creek oth, hibbler, and sweetlilgygy for the first time :) .....the longest I stayed away since then was probably during the holidays. I missed a couple days around my birthday in February, too. Otherwise, pretty much attached at the hip.
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 07:36:46 am »
IMDb -> registered on : 7 JUNE 2001
BBM -> first posts in : DECEMBER 2005 (but they are gone..)
PT -> joined on : 7 MARCH 2006
BMost -> joined on : 31 MARCH 2006

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 11:57:15 am »
I've been going to IMDb for as long as I can remember, it's *such* a great resource once you wade through the crap.  But I think I registered in June 2005 because it started requiring me to do so to read the boards.

I first went to the BBM board on Jan. 1, 2006, the day after seeing it for the first time!  I think my first post there was shortly afterwards, but it's gone from my history.  I was fortunate enough to get rescued to PT about a week before the Oscars - thank god, because I don't know how I would have survived Black Sunday without it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 11:58:54 am by amh625 »
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.