Author Topic: Pridefest 2006--NYC (still need a little help--see latest posts)  (Read 12366 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Pridefest 2006--Can you help a brokie out?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 01:02:48 am »
Jenny that is all just good news...I hope the weather holds out.  Will keep you in my thoughts.  I wonder what Phillip would think of us making up business cards of sorts to promote BetterMost with the web info?  I've been writing it on cocktail napkins, and that's not as classy as it could be...I'd like to see us make that 500 members by the end-of-month.
-Lynne
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 05:37:08 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 10:35:56 am »
Well, as a matter of fact, I have made business cards for my shop and will be handing them out on Sunday, and I do have a plug for the bettermost and davecullen boards on them (it felt right to me to put both, somehow).

It's on the back of my cards, where I explain a little more about the mission, and at the end I put "For online communities of Brokeback fans, go to www.bettermost.net and www.brokeback.davecullen.com."  I will also have a thank you sign at the table that highlights bettermost specifically and everyone here for helping me make this happen. Hope those two things will bring some new members our way!

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 12:55:18 pm »
Jenny, congratulations on a job well done!  You have all the makings of a very successful booth!  8)

I'm hoping to stop by around mid-afternoon, but I can't say yet for sure.  Two friends are coming in from abroad on Saturday, and I'm going to suggest having lunch in the Village and then walking down to see you.  I'll give you a call on your cell and let you know the final plan. 

I'll pray for no rain, but it might be a good idea to grab one of those plastic sheets that hardware stores sell as a dropcloth for painters.  They're cheap, and it would cover a rack of T-shirts.  Good luck!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 02:00:47 pm »
Has anybody ever told you that you're a real thinker, Meryl? Well, you are.

thanks for the great suggestion, I will get on that pronto.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 09:47:24 pm »
BEST OF LUCK, JENNY, on what will have to be a sunny, clear Sunday.  Mother Nature would not want to mess with Planet Brokie, would She?  You are doing a terrific job.
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 05:39:04 pm »
I posted this on the thread in the Open Forum, too:

I saw Jenny today!  She was manning her "booth," which was basically a table and a clothes rack down on Hudson Street amongst many, many food and merchandise booths and lots of people.  A very nice display, and a terrific banner, too!  She had sold around 10 shirts when we stopped by about 2:30 and had a list of e-mail addresses for orders.  Though it had rained earlier, she survived by putting plastic over the merch.   8)

I just missed seeing Dee Dee, but I got to talk to her by cellphone.  It was so crowded and sticky-humid, neither of us wanted to walk the blocks necessary to meet up!  We'll connect later, I'm sure.   ;D

My friends from London and I ate at the Spotted Pig, just around the corner from the Cowgirl, and I recommend it.  Good food and a charming cottage-y atmosphere.  Both Heath and Jake have been known to eat there, so that gives it an added pizzazz!    ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 11:14:15 pm »
Hi Meryl!

Glad you liked the Spotted Pig--I went there for the first opening night and unfortunately I've never had the chance to go back--hope we go again!

Jenny!

I'm sorry I didn't go to your booth today, I got overtired--slept from 1:00 to 4:00, oops! I want to buy two tee-shirts from you next week, one for me and one to give my friend Judy, visiting from San Francisco (woman's medium). By the way, thought you might be interested, Judy's dog, Peanut, is an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) like Brokeback!

See you soon,

xxxxx
John
 :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:16:35 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 11:26:34 pm »

Jenny, what do you think--another shirt for Revolutiontees?

John
xxxx
 ;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:29:39 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 11:31:20 pm »
Hi John!  :-*

So you've been to the Spotted Pig, too?  Jake and Heath must have heard, and that's why they tried it out!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Pridefest 2006--NYC (still need a little help--see latest posts)
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 12:14:11 am »
Hello everyone! I am back from my LOOOOOOOOOONG day at Pridefest 2006. Before I turn my weary ass in, thought I'd stop by and check in (uh-oh, this performace thread is obviously going to my head! (and that's a double rhyme right there!)). There'll be more details forthcoming soon as I can get some sleep, but what a day. I was under the great fortune of being visited by three tremblayans--Juan, Meryl (with two guests), and DeeDee (along with her husband and friend), at various parts of the day. These were definitely the highlights for me. DeeDee's friend and co-worker blew me away with her take-charge positive attitude--within 3 minutes of my meeting her, she was standing next to my booth on the "walking side" holding up shirts for people to read as they walked by, and she did so for over an hour!

Juan came by at one point and met DeeDee for the first time. At different times, both these parties gave me great help, brought me food and water, and let me take the all important pee breaks while they watched the booth for me. Meryl's visit was also a delight, though a bit more brief, as she had guests to show around and it was quite humid.

In the morning it poured rain on me for about 30 minutes, but because of Meryl's excellent advice, I had come prepared with my ground cloths, which kept my shirts and everything else from getting totally drenched. Thanks Meryl!!

Unfortunately, and to my surprise, I did *not* sell out as I hoped to. So, that's where you could come in if you want to get a great shirt at a great price. I will post more about this when I can think straight, but I am about 8 shirt-sales short of making a profit, and after that a couple dozen shirts are left, which I'd love to sell if I want to turn a sizeable profit for the Foundation. Tomorrow I will start posting some pictures of the shirts I have yet to sell, and you guys can see which one's you might like to get. I'll try to do this on the other boards too, and with any luck we'll soon be in the black rather than redlining it still (not that that wouldn't be a fine state to be in under a different context  ;))

So goodnight sweet tremlayans, and bettermosters; I thought of you and spoke of you today several times, and will be forever grateful for your generosity to me and the cause I'm championing.

love,

Jenny
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:23:59 pm by newyearsday »