Author Topic: Brokeback Merchandise  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Brokeback Merchandise
« on: July 02, 2006, 09:32:51 am »
Question 1.....I know im missing something....but can someone explain where the Chez Tremblay comes from....

Question 2....Can people tell me where to buy Brokeback merchandise on the net....I wanted to buy a bag or a hat.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Brokeback Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 10:19:16 am »
Question 1.....I know im missing something....but can someone explain where the Chez Tremblay comes from....

Question 2....Can people tell me where to buy Brokeback merchandise on the net....I wanted to buy a bag or a hat.

Hi Katie. Welcome to the board. English is not my native language so I apologize in advance if something doesn't come out right. We all used to be part of the Brokeback Mountain board at IMDB (www.imdb.com), but the trolls made our life impossible, so we moved to Pierre Tremblay's  board, in search for some peace and quiet. Pierre Tremblay was assistant director to Brokeback Mountain, someone found him on the movie's credits list and decided to start a forum on the page dedicated to him and his work (He's canadian). We even had the chance to actually get to chat to him, and his wife Nicole. Pierre was very kind, and became an active member of our group. He didn't post much but took time to answer our questions about the movie. He and his wife would drop us a line from time to time. Unfortunately, the trolls found out about our little hiding place, made our lives impossible again, so we decided to come here to Bettermost, as the Pierre Tremblay Brokie Community. I don't know a word in French but I think Chez Tremblay stands for The House of Tremblay or At the House of Tremblay. Not sure though.

About the merchandise, I'm not sure but one of our members, Newyearsday, has designed T-shirts with Brokeback motifs. You can find some of her merchandising here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2660.30 Look for the last postings, pages 2 and 3, you'll see some pictures of the T-shirts she sells.

PS. Chez Tremblay is an international community. We have members from different countries, although mostly are from US. Some countries are: Canada, UK, France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Italy, China, Australia, India, New Zealand and others. I'm in Spain.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 12:41:08 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 12:04:40 pm »
Hey Katie,
Opinionista got the gist of the history of our Chez Tremblay board. Chez Tremblay doesn't translate well into English, it is sort of an affectionate term for one's home, ie, "We are all happy here chez Tremblay." It is very common in French and we started using it to describe our "new" IMDb home to honor Pierre's French-Canadian heritage.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 03:26:35 am »
Newyearsday makes only T-shirts, I think. A section in my online store, The Ataahua Shop, called A Force of Nature offers bags and hats, tile coasters, posters, greeting cards, T-shirts, sweatshirts and more! This is all unofficial merchandise, hence no title or pictures of the cast.

Re Q1, Pierre and Nicole are signed on here, but I haven't seen any postings from them.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 04:17:36 am »
hey..

re: merchandise. htere is no official merchandise that we know of.

Jenny makes pins too and has a US and Euro site.

her tagline gives details of her sites.. her profits on the merchandise goes to the Matthew Shepard Foundation.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 07:36:43 am »
Hi Katie,

Thanks Kelda and others for telling about my shirts and pins/buttons. I also make bumperstickers. And I could make a hat easily for you if you wanted me to. I can even do a messenger bag! Just let me know.

Also, I know that the Dave Cullen site just opened a store through cafe press, where they sell some hats and bags I think. You can try www.brokeback.davecullen.com and see the link to the store on that page.

As far as I know, I am the only person who's selling merchandise with the express mission to raise money for ending homophobia and hate crimes, and educating people about tolerance and diversity. All my profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation, since that is what they do, and it's my response to the film to try to make the world a better place.

Hope that is helpful, and you can click the link here at the bottom of my post to see my online store. PM me if you want me to make you anything, I do it for people all the time.

Cheers,

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."