Author Topic: So what do we look like, anyway?  (Read 229600 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: So what do we look like, anyway?
« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2006, 03:55:14 am »
I was just blowing smoke!  Let enquiring minds boggle I say!  I forgot that I wasn't on the slopbucket forum for a brief moment!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2006, 03:55:56 am »
Sheyne....

lets just say it involved butts.

La la la la....la la..la....
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2006, 04:04:01 am »

*Inquiring minds decide that its p*ssing down with rain and KFC sounds good for dinner* mmm...

Butts? Interesting...  Come to think of it... I don't wanna know...

Speaking of butts... doncha just love Ray's cuddly, naked yellow one???  Although its the half-mast eyes that kill me..  ;D
Chut up!

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2006, 05:14:09 am »

Kirk you are insane with all those CDs.  You're a musician!  Where do you get the time to listen to them?

I have cds I haven't listened to in years.  There are a lot I've only listened to once and put away.  It's cool 'cause, like recently when I saw the Pretenders and listened to their first album 3 times in preparation, I can rediscover great music I wasn't very familiar with.  And the really great thing - when I get a song stuck in my head, I can go home and listen to it. ;D

roboy - I have a little bit of pre rock stuff.  Sometimes I'll start collecting big hits from certain years, which will have me tracking down some artists that no one who wasn't there at the time would know unless they looked back at the charts like I do.  I'm talking Gale Storm, the Fontaine Sisters, Horace Heidt, Freddy Martin, etc.  It's fun.

And hey!  If you ever come across a recording of Bing Crosby's version of "Dolores," let me know.  #2 hit in '41 and I've only ever seen the Sinatra/Dorsey version, which only made #7.

I grew up singing pop and musical theatre but my heart's always been with the rock songwriters: U2, Elton John, Prince, Joni Mitchell, even Madonna from '89 on.  You should have seen the cabaret show I did.  Bobby Darrin, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Suzanne Vega, Sting, Tony Bennett, I was all over the map.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2006, 05:51:00 am »
my heart's always been with the rock songwriters: U2, Elton John, Prince, Joni Mitchell, even Madonna from '89 on.  You should have seen the cabaret show I did.  Bobby Darrin, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Suzanne Vega, Sting, Tony Bennett, I was all over the map.

I'd like to.  That sounds good.  I perform at least twice daily, and cover some of the same material.  Hunh?  Whuh?  Well, at naptime and bedtime, of course, for my three year old.  She has a huge repertoire already, for her age, no foolin.  She can sing nearly all the words to all the verses of "Leavin on a Jet Plane," and is workin on "Hey, Mr. Tambourine  Man," as well as many others.  I adore it.

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2006, 08:55:51 am »
kirk, your avatar reminds me of eric bana.  that's definitely a compliment.

i also have a huge music collection.  there's this site, i'm hesitant to post because it might consume your life for a while like it did mine, but at www.listal.com you can make a list of your music, dvd, book, and video game collections.  if you want to see mine i can pm you. 

i'm not really big into pre-80s stuff as far as collecting goes (i do love me some dolly parton, patti smith, david bowie, etc.)  i'm more into imports and singles and vinyl collecting, especially bjork stuff.

hooray for music.
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2006, 09:53:10 am »
I just have to point out that I was the first to say that Paul looks like Jack Johnson!   :P  I said it in the avatar thread he created, so there!  I am so smart - S M R T!  (Homer reference for Simpsons-addicts).

And Ray - damn!  That is a hot picture.  I went through a serious James Dean obsession in high school and your pic totally brought it all back, lol. 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2006, 10:03:22 am »
Glad I could dredge up your past Nicole, hehehe.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2006, 10:40:11 am »

Wow, Reanna is HOT..  :o   And I mean that in a strictly NON Jack-Ennis kinda way...  :-[  ;D

I would! ;)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2006, 12:01:57 pm »
Is it too late to post pictures of our beloved pets?  Ah, even if it is, I'm gonna anyway.  Here's another photo of our dearly departed Layla.  She died in August of 2003 at 13 years of age.  I still miss her every single day.

I call this one "The Essence of Layla."  It just captures everything she was about so beautifully.  That's our other shepherd, Beauty, giving her a kiss at the same time as she was giving me a "shake."  She looks so put upon, yet accepting of it all, there.  Beauty died in 2002.  Poor Layla mourned her solidly for a month - she fell into such a depression, we were sure we would lose her.  Then she perked up a little, but never did return to her old self.  She died a year later almost to the day.  I don't think her heart ever fully mended.

And because that's just so sad, here's a funny little picture of my son from about a year ago, looking in this one like the spitting image of his Dad:

All my babies have just been such old souls.  :)
No more beans!