Author Topic: So what do we look like, anyway?  (Read 229658 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: So what do we look like, anyway?
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2006, 12:23:47 pm »
by exact location, you mean the location where they filmed, or the location described in the books?

The exact location where they filmed!        :D

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2006, 05:08:46 pm »
David and Ray - Be sure to look me up when you come to San Francisco, or in David's case, come back to San Francisco.  Now that I mention it, eveyrbody look me up when they come to San Francisco!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2006, 05:37:27 pm »
David and Ray - Be sure to look me up when you come to San Francisco, or in David's case, come back to San Francisco.  Now that I mention it, eveyrbody look me up when they come to San Francisco!

I was in San Francisco years back.  It was spring, everything was still green, though there was still water rationing going on.

I was confused about the billboards I saw that said 'Know when to say when' and my hosts - a gay couple - explained to me that the diripping faucet meant that the billboard was about water convervation.

So much so, a little jingle went around about the toilets 'If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down."  :P

Me and my friends offered to take baths together to save water.   ;D

San Francisco was a lovely town.  Got a crick in my neck from looking up all the time at the houses and builidngs.  What a great place you live in Kirk.

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2006, 11:05:09 pm »
You ain't kiddin' Delluvia.  I loved San Francisco when I first came here with my high school show choir at 17.  When I got the chance to move here in '94 I jumped at it and haven't looked back.  I love my city.  And I grew up in Orange County, CA.

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2006, 11:34:33 pm »
You ain't kiddin' Delluvia.  I loved San Francisco when I first came here with my high school show choir at 17.  When I got the chance to move here in '94 I jumped at it and haven't looked back.  I love my city.  And I grew up in Orange County, CA.

what part of OC?
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #435 on: April 15, 2006, 12:19:21 am »
Irvine mostly.  Garden Grove before that, Costa Mesa after.  Was in Hollywood for less than two years.

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #436 on: April 15, 2006, 12:35:03 am »
I need photo hlep.  I have a picture I want to post.  The file is too big.  I don't want to reduce the actual size of the photo but I know there's a way to reduce the number of pixels for internet use.  I sent out a flier in an email once, huge file, and a friend sent it back reduced in file size but not viewing size.  Anyone know how that's done?

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #437 on: April 15, 2006, 08:07:07 am »
Hello everybody!

This is my first post on this website, but some of you might know me from the IMDB-board already. Polite person that I am, I thought I should introduce myself first before doing anything else. Hope it works out with the picture. It shows me and my little sweetie during a summer vacation. She's 4 years old now and still sweet, of course (this also should make it very obvious why I have such a faible for lovely brown eyes, like Ennis has... ;)).

It's nice to meet you all! Of course, I have yet to find my way through all these threads. Really just got started here...

See you around!

Pipedream (in real life: Anke)   :)

edit, Oct./12th: I've removed this picture for personal reasons.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 06:51:17 am by Pipedream »

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #438 on: April 15, 2006, 08:30:15 am »
I need photo hlep.  I have a picture I want to post.  The file is too big.  I don't want to reduce the actual size of the photo but I know there's a way to reduce the number of pixels for internet use.  I sent out a flier in an email once, huge file, and a friend sent it back reduced in file size but not viewing size.  Anyone know how that's done?

Kirk, what I do with mine (some of the pictures of my drawings end up as 2MG Bitmaps) I transfer it into ArcSoft PhotoStudio and on the Edit menu, it has Image Size.  It prompts me to specify a % of its current size - I usually select 50 or 60% and it reduces it down to a JPEG file - around 120kb and I save it and can then upload it.  This doesn't appear to affect the size of the image I post cause if you look at some of the drawings I have posted, they come out quite large.  I believe you can do this same process with Adobe PhotoShop but as I don't have it, I couldn't tell you how.  This may be of absolutely no help to you whatsoever  ???  but this is how I manage to do it - so if you have PhotoStudio on your computer you might be able to try it.

Cheers,
S.
Chut up!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #439 on: April 15, 2006, 09:58:04 am »
pipedream

She's a real beauty  :) - Great picture

and welcome again  :D
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer