Author Topic: Just when you thought it was safe to go to FINAL REHEARSAL!  (Read 17957 times)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
Re: Just when you thought it was safe to go to FINAL REHEARSAL!
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2006, 04:43:16 pm »
WE named them! They don't have names in the credits (at least I don't think they do.)

Right, now I really feel out...
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2006, 04:53:56 pm »
Is it too late to ask a question?

How come Melinda gets to be Jack's pants, but I'm not allowed to be Jack's cigarettes?

(OK, two questions.)

Thank you for that direction about my character (first post in thread), by the way.  Now my motivation is clear.
No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2006, 05:04:49 pm »
Right, now I really feel out...

Aww Channy,

Don't feel like that. I think they were named waaaaaayyyy back in early February, before I even knew about this place. Nobody hardly ever talks about them anymore so how could you know?

Just think how you can define our dusty lexicon of postage about them with this live performance you're about to partake in!

Listen, I felt all left out cause I was never invited to Chez Tremblay; I just found my way here. But once your're in, you ain't goin nowhere. Let it be!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2006, 06:25:46 pm »

(If an amendment is made to the rules about inanimate objects, I still claim the role of Jack's pants)

;D
Oh, now Ray, ya can't go and open up THAT kind o' chaos by letting me assume the position of Jack's pants....   ;D  that's breaking the rules!  Now....the pants and I can get together....once in awhal...out in the middle o' nowhere....but....  

If you change the rules now, we'll be casting for the parts of every cigarette, whiskey bottle, sock, warshrag (ooo..), toothbrush, jammie bottoms, saddle, body of water under the cliff-jump, and the danged saliva string!

Gotta draw the line somewhere, and I think Barb gets in under the wire, being a living critter and all.  (Of course, I've been spending long hours rehearsing for the role of Jack's pants....clinging just so....  sliding down after a quick left-handed unbuckle.....    yep, I think I almost have it right.....but I'd better keep practicing, and scrutinizing the REAL pants....   just to make sure.) :-*

Melinda/Pants
 :)
PS. PM for ya, Ray--   (and David, if you're Ennis' zipper, I think we can work well together, pants-wise!)

**See, Barb?  I tried to tell Mr Raymille that he'd be openin' up a big ole can a worms!  But, he didn't pay me no nevermind, and now I'm listed as PANTS, so....  what do you think....  maybe it could end up being a free-for-all!  Everybody jump in as the inanimate object of your choice!  Glorious chaos!  Or...  to be fair....I could just play out my role of Jack's Pants silently....here at home....  nobody's business but mine  :-X ......   (bet you like my PANTS  picture, though!)**

Melinda/Cigar Butt/Trucker/ J  a  c  k  '  s    P  a  n  t  s   ;D
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2006, 06:54:50 pm »
Hey, Fuzzy after you're done bein Elizabeth, you can start preparing for your Chilean sheepherder #2 role which will be a LOT more rewarding than playing betty. Look, there are even lines!!

CHILEAN SHEEPHERDER #2: Cual es su prolema? ?Que' dice?
   JACK (surprised) English.. don't one a you talk English?
   CHILEAN SHEEPHERDER #1: IQue'?

And we get to look confused and later ride around the milling sheep, casting disgusted looks at Ennis and Jack. Fun, but manageable, ?no? See U in makeup!!! (p.s. I think my line ends up on the cutting room floor but Que sera, sera)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2006, 07:30:06 pm »
I'm here, but slightly confused. You've called Older Jack to places, which leaves me wondering who the heck Younger Jack is since there isn't a flashback scene for Jack in the film. I suppose I can drift around and be a younger consciousness for the older Jack. *blurble blurble blurble*
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2006, 07:49:32 pm »
I'm here, but slightly confused. You've called Older Jack to places, which leaves me wondering who the heck Younger Jack is since there isn't a flashback scene for Jack in the film. I suppose I can drift around and be a younger consciousness for the older Jack. *blurble blurble blurble*

Danie! At long last you have arrived! I can't wait to feel those jeans-wrapped legs a yours around my flanks. ((snort, paw, head toss)). I think you ARE younger Jack, and if you aren't in a hurry, to get over to the set I mean, you best git, pronto!

That whole Older Ennis/Younger Ennis thing was a mixup due to the confusion between youngest Ennis (9 yrs) young Ennis, 19--? and Older Ennis, in his 30's. I don't know why Older Jack was called to the wings so early, but glad you are here now!
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2006, 07:50:08 pm »
Okay, I'm posting this same message on both threads.  I've done a bold thing, without permission.  I took the IMDb credits list for the film, and have transmuted our cast list into ORDER OF APPEARANCE.  You can see which roles are unfilled.  This is a work in progress.  I'm inviting myself to help coordinate casting, as a servant only.  So if you want a part, say so, and I'll stick you into the cast list pronto.

The cast list is found in the first post of the "dress rehearsal thread."  Break a leg.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2006, 08:23:24 pm »

So if you want a part, say so, and I'll stick you into the cast list pronto.

I would like to be

John C. Twist! 

I already grovelled to be the understudy fur my ol' man, but this is even better!!!  Yeehaw!!! :D

Jane
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:25:49 pm by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2006, 08:52:38 pm »
To lessen confusion, I'm locking this thread.  (Ray, let me know if that's wrong.)  That way, we'll all post in the performance thread, and all be on the same page.  Remember Mr. Raymille's directions:

((Movement))
%%Thought%%
**Aside**
=Direction from Director and Assistant Directors=